• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Advice on March Weather and Albergues on Camino Portugues

Ho ming chan

Time of past OR future Camino
Portugal
Hello all Camino veterans, I am starting from Porto on March 12. So far, difficult to locate any albergue. How do I get credential stamp (need 2 now between stages)? I like advice on the weather along the coastal route, please.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
March is really quite mild (not too hot) Spring flowers. I think there's a recent post elsewhere on the forum about two sites that list open refuges on all routes etc (one of them being Gronze).
Bom camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
March is really quite mild (not too hot) Spring flowers. I think there's a recent post elsewhere on the forum about two sites that list open refuges on all routes etc (one of them being Gronze).
Bom camino
I couldn't locate the list. But thanks.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello all Camino veterans, I am starting from Porto on March 12. So far, difficult to locate any albergue. How do I get credential stamp (need 2 now between stages)? I like advice on the weather along the coastal route, please.
Hello
i walked the costal route from Porto in April 2019. The weather was generally warm and pleasant but it was also my wettest Camino. On the days when the storms come in off the Atlantic, they are biblical but the good days are truly wonderful. you only need two stamps a day for the last 100k and there are many places along the way that have stamps (cafes, bars, shops, churches etc). As you will get a stamp from your alberque you will only need one more stamp per day.
Buen Camino
Vince

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello
i walked the costal route from Porto in April 2019. The weather was generally warm and pleasant but it was also my wettest Camino. On the days when the storms come in off the Atlantic, they are biblical but the good days are truly wonderful. you only need two stamps a day for the last 100k and there are many places along the way that have stamps (cafes, bars, shops, churches etc). As you will get a stamp from your alberque you will only need one more stamp per day.
Buen Camino
Vince
Thank you.

Ask in Portugal for “ um carimbo por favor “ and in Spain “ un sello por favor” what means a stamp please in both languages

I too am walking the Coastal Route in March; thank you for your weather updates everyone! We will need bag transport for some of our party and I wonder if you have had luck locating a service. Does anyone have any transport recommendations? Heading back on the Camino after 3 years away and have missed it so.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I too am walking the Coastal Route in March; thank you for your weather updates everyone! We will need bag transport for some of our party and I wonder if you have had luck locating a service. Does anyone have any transport recommendations? Heading back on the Camino after 3 years away and have missed it so.
Caminofacil provides excellent baggage transport service on the coastal route

We used Tuitrans on both our coastal Portuguese Caminos and were satisfied with their service.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
And to add to what others have said, I too walked the Camino Portugués da Costa from the 16th to the 27th of March of 2019 and had nothing but marvelous, sunny weather from the very first day. I was prepared for cooler, rainier days and ended up leaving a warmer top at the hotel in Oporto - where I returned after being in Santiago de Compostela. It was such an incredible gift to have walked by the ocean with warm breezes and the sun shining daily!
May you have an amazing experience and the weather be kind to you!

Most read last week in this forum

Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back