• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Maria and Belen from Hornillos - their Casa Rural & 2020

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
As always, I have admired your skills in presenting the various albergue and other types of accommodation, Robo. this one was so lovely, using the interpreting skills of the gentleman involved! he was very sensitive, and did not get in the way of the message. It immediately prompted me to direct you to an albergue on the Camino Ingles,

Albergue Camiño Real de SigĂĽeiro, La Coruña, Camino InglĂ©s​

Last year - only last year?? - we stayed in this wonderful albergue. It would be worth your while to try to interview them. The son at least has enough English to make it possible. Over to you...
Thank you once more, I love catching up with your videos!

As always, I have admired your skills in presenting the various albergue and other types of accommodation, Robo. this one was so lovely, using the interpreting skills of the gentleman involved! he was very sensitive, and did not get in the way of the message. It immediately prompted me to direct you to an albergue on the Camino Ingles,

Albergue Camiño Real de SigĂĽeiro, La Coruña, Camino InglĂ©s​

Last year - only last year?? - we stayed in this wonderful albergue. It would be worth your while to try to interview them. The son at least has enough English to make it possible. Over to you...
Thank you once more, I love catching up with your videos!

Thanks for the tip. I'll reach out to them.
Maria and Belen run a lovely CR. So welcoming.
The 'translator' was actually Fermin, Susi's partner of Casa Susi in Trabadelo.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Great video! My wife and I have also stayed at La Casa del Abuelo twice, in 2017 and 2019. One of our favorites on the Camino Frances. We stayed in a private room with private bath. The bar / cafeteria out back is great to have lunch and also to enjoy the outside patio. We've also had our laundry done there. The very affordable room rate includes breakfast, which is self serve in the spacious kitchen. We have reservations to stay there in late September, 2021. BCB

I stayed there Sept 2018! enjoyed it very much! i recognize Maria & Belen. The bar / patio was nice to enjoy a drink and tapa at the end of the day, with what must have been their children playing soccer and running around me which was very pleasant. I had a private room, it was very clean and comfortable, with spacious common areas. I met some other pilgrims who mentioned the owner was graciously taking them to see some of the local wine cellar / bodegas, nearby. It is a tiny town but lovely, I recall that other pilgrims, who stayed elsewhere, came knocking at the door hoping to find the restaurant open, as they had no other options that morning. The pilgrim mass at the local church is quite special, the priest engages every pilgrim in the celebration. I would recommend Casa Rural el Abuelo. Buena suerte a Maria y Belen.

I stayed there Sept 2018! enjoyed it very much! i recognize Maria & Belen. The bar / patio was nice to enjoy a drink and tapa at the end of the day, with what must have been their children playing soccer and running around me which was very pleasant. I had a private room, it was very clean and comfortable, with spacious common areas. I met some other pilgrims who mentioned the owner was graciously taking them to see some of the local wine cellar / bodegas, nearby. It is a tiny town but lovely, I recall that other pilgrims, who stayed elsewhere, came knocking at the door hoping to find the restaurant open, as they had no other options that morning. The pilgrim mass at the local church is quite special, the priest engages every pilgrim in the celebration. I would recommend Casa Rural el Abuelo. Buena suerte a Maria y Belen.

There are many special places along the various Camino routes aren't there?

Probably what makes the whole place/experience....so special.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.