• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Maria y jesus alberque in pamplona

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Yes it was very clean & well run in 2014. A friend lost his passport there when we arrived at our next stop the alburgue folks called them & They sent his passport forward.

Is the maria y jesus alberque worth staying there as I have read?
yes, i would say so.i have stayed there a couple of times and found it busy,but very clean and comfy bunks are sectioned off in groups of 2 bunks which was nice.also good kitchen up stairs.and its just round the corner from from the lively bars and streets,

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Is the maria y jesus alberque worth staying there as I have read?
@Cathy Balogh
I stayed there last year and I wouldn't stay there again if I had any choice. It was clean, but it was also impersonal, large, full and had no focus on community. As a pilgrim walking alone, I found it a great letdown after Orisson, Roncesvalles, Corazon Puro and Zabaldika. Everyone seemed to be with others and no one spoke to me beyond a quick "Hello." Maybe if you plan on cooking you might have more contact with others. I never saw the kitchen. The staff never told me it was there. But the dormitory part was just long rows of beds, like hospital wards. At least, that was my experience. I think I am more suited to the slightly scruffy parish albergues.

I liked it - it is a great building, clean with comfortable bunks.

Not for me.
Cons: Large, noisy, due to the continual passage of pilgrims close to the bunks, and impersonal.
Pros:
Clean and centrally situated.
Reasonably priced for Pamps.
4 bunk family room available.

Regards
Gerard

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I wouldn't stay there again either if I had the choice. Mainly because of the dorm layout. There are 4 bed compartments, which is nice, but they are open to the ceiling which gives them excellent 'snoring acoustics'. Also the sound insulation of the building wasn't great, I heard every single party on the street in my bed. Next time I would stay in Trinidad de Arre, walk leisurely through Pamplona during the day and stay in an albergue after Pamplona the next night.
Buen Camino, SY

It's an excellent and beautiful example of how to turn an old religious building for contemporary use. It is large but clean, bright and airy. Extremely well located for an evening tourism stroll. What I don't like about it is the washrooms: long and narrow, with water that gathers on the floors. But then again every albergue has its downsides. This one clealy is among the best maintained ones.

This thread points out how some alburgue are liked or not. Since SYates is by my standards well trod along the El Camino routes I can see how over time one could like certain things. Yet when it is the first time unless you have higher standards than I any mattress with a roof will do. The point is that if you ask to see the place & decide if you cannot sleep there for any reason it is simply your feet that must be able to take you on a search. Unless of course you are ok with taking some sort of transportation. We all have our personal limits.:)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lol @MTtoCamino I love mattresses with a roof, especially if the roof/walls are sound proof ;-) All the rest, even hot water, is optional. Buen Camino, SY

Lol @MTtoCamino I love mattresses with a roof, especially if the roof/walls are sound proof ;-) All the rest, even hot water, is optional. Buen Camino, SY
Hot water.. I didn't know it was an option in many of those places.. :) So much like home a black shower bag to heat the water to a little warmer than freezing & hang from a tree, The universal Smelly pit toilet found in my backyard as well as in Spain. We have much in common including the geography. Alas just not the Camino. You should visit.:)

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back