• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Masks donated in Denise's memory

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The article describes a cousin of Denise Thiem (who was murdered in 2015 while walking the Camino) sending a donation of masks to Spanish law enforcement who investigated and solved her case. He lives in Hong Kong and read about the difficulties in Spain and spent money and effort to get these masks to the people who helped with the case. A kind gesture in this turbulent time.

Janet, thanks so much for this notice, and you might have seen another one from @natefaith. I can't believe that was five years ago. Such a beautiful young woman. All the best to you and Phil, hope you are both keeping well.

Janet, thanks so much for this notice, and you might have seen another one from @natefaith. I can't believe that was five years ago. Such a beautiful young woman. All the best to you and Phil, hope you are both keeping well.
We are well. Staying home and taking care of each other. Although it has been 5 years Denise's story has not been forgotten. We need some positive news in these trying times even if it is a reminder of another tragedy.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about a 6 weeks away from beginning the French Camino. Depending on how I feel when I get to St. Jean, I will either take a train back to Portugal, or continue on to Santiago. In the...
Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back