Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Mass at the Cathedral

Barb S

Past OR future Camino
Is the renovation at the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela complete? Will mass be held there on July 25th?
Their website shows a schedule for mass at a different location.
Appreciate your response😊

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

davebugg

A Pilgrimage is time I spend praying with my feet
Past OR future Camino
Hi, Barb, and a Warm Welcome to the Forum. While I do not have a direct answer to your question, someone will likely be along shortly that can give you an answer :)

The Forum search engine may also help. It is located at the top of the page on the right.

Faye Walker

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
Ivar has some recent videos showing the very last of renovations complete. The Ano Xacobeo mass was held there (and the broadcast was spectacular and moving…).
To the best of my knowledge masses are or just have restarted, but TBH, having been to many masses in my life, the one delivered by Father Manny in the side chapel of the Pilgrim’s Office in SdC is the most personal, and truly *in communion* that I have ever experienced. There were only 9 of us in total in the chapel at the end of the season (late Nov) 2019….
So: if you arrive and something has made it so that mass is in the little chapel and you are looking for a mass, don’t skip it.

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
Their website shows a schedule for mass at a different location.
Welcome, @Barb S. You may be looking at a webpage that has not yet been updated. I checked http://catedraldesantiago.es/liturgia/#horarios-misas. It shows two daily masses for pilgrims and one daily mass for the local parish. All are held in the Cathedral.

11 am. Chapel of La Corticela.​

12:00 noon. Main Altar. PILGRIM’S MASS.​

7:30 pm. Main Altar. PILGRIM’S MASS.​

It has just been announced to the press that as of Monday, a third pilgrims mass will be added at 9:30 am.

Only about 200 pilgrims can participate at a time. In earlier years, about 1000 pilgrims were admitted at a time.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Kathar1na

Past OR future Camino
To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
Due to the restricted capacity because of the corona rules the cabildo of the cathedral decided to offer an additional pilgrim mass at 9:00 am.

Ultreia
Additional pilgrims mass at 9:00 or 9:30 ?

Past OR future Camino
2014, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Various routes...
To the best of my knowledge masses are or just have restarted, but TBH, having been to many masses in my life, the one delivered by Father Manny in the side chapel of the Pilgrim’s Office in SdC is the most personal, and truly *in communion* that I have ever experienced
Agree wholeheartedly. It's special (and is an English language mass, BTW).

Past OR future Camino
2012 Lemovicensis + Francés;
2016 Podiensis + CdN + Fisterra;
2018 VdlP + Sanabrés + Muxia/Fisterra
I read about it in a Spanish newspaper yesterday and I was pretty sure they said 9:00. But can’t say definitely.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads