• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Mass in Arzúa today - Magnificent

BeatriceKarjalainen

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Finished: See post signature.
Doing: C. Levante
Today I went by the small plaza outside the church and a quite large group of young pilgrims played and sang a beautiful song. Others filled in and the group got bigger. My eyes were filled with tears. Music and onions can have that effect on me instantly. They suddenly stopped and they all went into the church with their instruments. A lot of people followed and so did I. I do like the catholic masses even if I don't understand a word (or more then 10).

The service started with the group singing that song again and I was sobbing again. There was the usual bla bla bla (things I don't understand but everyone else know by heart) then one girl sang solo and everyone filling in to the chorus. Arm hair standing up. The service continued with a pilgrim priest talking about the Camino and the Camino of life. Even I understood what he said when he took his sandals of and talked about Jesus. After that a pilgrim nun from Argentina spoke and she turned her speach to the young pilgrims I was able to understand most of that as well (thanks for talking slowly). She was funny. Then more singing and the usuall handshakes and hugging that I like. After the communion and last word from the priest some people left the church as the group sang another song. We who stayed to listen was suddenly more in "gospel church" everyone laying an arm around the next swinging together and clapping in a part of the song. Everything started with that Argentinian nun.

I also got a small medallion of the padron of the church from a "church lady" and another really old little lady came up to me and asked where I were from and if I had enjoyed the service. Or as she said "you really liked it, yeah".

I talked with the group and got a copy of the text to the song they sang outside that made me go to church today.

Today I felt the love! I left the church with such joy in my heart. Best Camino experience ever.

I'll try to upload a short film of the singing and add a link. There is a small clip at Instagram now.

The song is called Acoge La Vida (Santa Iria - Portugal) see attachment for lyrics.

Some in the group has shirts with Agostinos and the song books they handed out when we went in said the same).

Attachments

• 1407704611179.jpg
    1407704611179.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 1407704659632.jpg
    1407704659632.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 25
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Video from outside The church: https://plus.google.com/118228126685972344134/posts/QnC4yXJDvmB (it was 1000 times better in church).

You can see s small kid in red fleece and orange flip-flops in the video. He is a 6-year old pilgrim. They had started 200 km from Santiago and doing 20 a day and he is doing all the walking him self having a good speed according to his parents. He is the youngest is the group. He was such a cutie.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. :)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back