Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Mass responses in Portuguese and English?

HaveringRob

Year of past OR future Camino
I have seen booklets/books for participating in Mass in Spanish (with English and Spanish). Is there such a thing in Portuguese?

Many thanks!

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
I have seen booklets/books for participating in Mass in Spanish (with English and Spanish). Is there such a thing in Portuguese?

Many thanks!

Yes, there are several, often as part of a multi-lingual publication. A couple of minutes on google will find them.

If you want a free option, however, there are unsurprisingly fewer options.

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
This requires an app

You’ll have to work through this a bit but it’s free;

And if you search for ‘the order of mass in nine languages’ on Amazon you can be equipped for your Portuguese trip, and seven others (I’ve excluded English).

Others are available.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Esauro57

St.Jean Pied du Port - Santiago 23-29/7/2010 23-30/7/2014
Porto-Santiago&MuxiaFinestere2018

Many thanks!
For the mass readings i use "Ibreviary" ...set it to "holy land" and select your language ...you can then download the whole week when you are using wifi... then you will be able to select the day of mass you need offline...great app.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
I just bought "The Order Of Catholic Mass In Five Languages: The Holy Mass in English, Spanish, Latin, French and Portuguese Paperback" – April 15, 2021

I found it on Amazon, in paperback. It is 85 pages. Here is the Amazon (US) link:

Hope this helps.

Tom

Sarria to Santiago 2014
Pamplona to Santiago 2017
Norte. 2018
I just bought "The Order Of Catholic Mass In Five Languages: The Holy Mass in English, Spanish, Latin, French and Portuguese Paperback" – April 15, 2021

I found it on Amazon, in paperback. It is 85 pages. Here is the Amazon (US) link:

Hope this helps.

Tom

Are you able to see Spanish and English side by side so you could follow along at mass?

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

t2andreo

Veteran Member
I do not know yet. I expect delivery today or tomorrow. Will update when I have more information.

UPDATED on 1 July:

I received the paperback book yesterday. It measures 6 inches wide by 11 inches high, and is maybe 1/4 inch thick. It weighs 5.6 ounces or 158 grams.

The languages are ordered: English, Spanish, Latin, French, Portuguese. The responses are NOT side-by-side, English opposite another language. Each language is presented free-standing.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the large type face. That will make life easier.

I plan to use this at home, as COVID precautions have seen all prayerbooks removed from church pews. While I know the order of the Mass, I sometimes need a reminder.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Last edited:

t2andreo

Veteran Member
The link above takes you to www.misas.org, and allows you to save or print a pdf. file for most any common combination of the most likely European languages. I just printed, double-sided, the English / Spanish Order of the Mass. It is six pages - three sheets of paper.

This is a lot less weight and space than the 85-page paperback I ordered yesterday.

For pilgrims this makes more sense, at least IMHO.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances