• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mass responses in Portuguese and English?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have seen booklets/books for participating in Mass in Spanish (with English and Spanish). Is there such a thing in Portuguese?

Many thanks!

Yes, there are several, often as part of a multi-lingual publication. A couple of minutes on google will find them.

If you want a free option, however, there are unsurprisingly fewer options.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This requires an app

You’ll have to work through this a bit but it’s free;

And if you search for ‘the order of mass in nine languages’ on Amazon you can be equipped for your Portuguese trip, and seven others (I’ve excluded English).

Others are available.

I have seen booklets/books for participating in Mass in Spanish (with English and Spanish). Is there such a thing in Portuguese?

Many thanks!
For the mass readings i use "Ibreviary" ...set it to "holy land" and select your language ...you can then download the whole week when you are using wifi... then you will be able to select the day of mass you need offline...great app.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I just bought "The Order Of Catholic Mass In Five Languages: The Holy Mass in English, Spanish, Latin, French and Portuguese Paperback" – April 15, 2021

I found it on Amazon, in paperback. It is 85 pages. Here is the Amazon (US) link:

Hope this helps.

Tom

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just bought "The Order Of Catholic Mass In Five Languages: The Holy Mass in English, Spanish, Latin, French and Portuguese Paperback" – April 15, 2021

I found it on Amazon, in paperback. It is 85 pages. Here is the Amazon (US) link:

Hope this helps.

Tom

Are you able to see Spanish and English side by side so you could follow along at mass?

I do not know yet. I expect delivery today or tomorrow. Will update when I have more information.

UPDATED on 1 July:

I received the paperback book yesterday. It measures 6 inches wide by 11 inches high, and is maybe 1/4 inch thick. It weighs 5.6 ounces or 158 grams.

The languages are ordered: English, Spanish, Latin, French, Portuguese. The responses are NOT side-by-side, English opposite another language. Each language is presented free-standing.

I was pleasantly surprised to see the large type face. That will make life easier.

I plan to use this at home, as COVID precautions have seen all prayerbooks removed from church pews. While I know the order of the Mass, I sometimes need a reminder.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The link above takes you to www.misas.org, and allows you to save or print a pdf. file for most any common combination of the most likely European languages. I just printed, double-sided, the English / Spanish Order of the Mass. It is six pages - three sheets of paper.

This is a lot less weight and space than the 85-page paperback I ordered yesterday.

For pilgrims this makes more sense, at least IMHO.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back