• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Massachusetts Pilgrims

jemitch65

Rather than love, money or fame, give me truth
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances to Finisterre to Muxia(2012)
I walked the Camino Frances from SJPdP to Santiago and then on to Finisterre and Muxia in May/June 2012. I am planning a return to Spain to walk the Camino del Norte in June 2015. In the nearly three years I have been on this forum, I have talked to only two other pilgrims from Massachusetts. The experience was life changing which is why I am returning next year. If there are other pilgrims out there like me from Massachusetts, I would like to form a group willing to share experiences, advice and comraderie for past, present and future walks in Spain. Buen Camino! John

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
John,
you have the priviliges of a "Donating Member", which means you are allowed to create your own group to facilitate your wish. The second Group menu ("Social Groups" is the place to do it. Just read up a little before you go ahead, and seek eventually some help/instructions from Ivar if not all is clear to you. Then just create it and wait for responses.

John,
you have the priviliges of a "Donating Member", which means you are allowed to create your own group to facilitate your wish. The second Group menu ("Social Groups" is the place to do it. Just read up a little before you go ahead, and seek eventually some help/instructions from Ivar if not all is clear to you. Then just create it and wait for responses.
Hi Alex: Thank you for your advice and guidance. I will take your suggestion and read up on it. I am not entirely aware of all the privileges that this site provides me, so I appreciate your pointing me in the right direction. John

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I walked the Camino Frances from SJPdP to Santiago and then on to Finisterre and Muxia in May/June 2012. I am planning a return to Spain to walk the Camino del Norte. In the nearly three years I have been on this forum, I have talked to only two other pilgrims from Massachusetts. The experience was life changing which is why I am returning next year. If there are other pilgrims out there like me from Massachusetts, I would like to form a group willing to share experiences, advice and comraderie for past, present and future walks in Spain. Buen Camino! John

John,

I am from central Ct. I walked in May June 2012.

Alan from Connecticut

Hello Adesmar. I left St. Jean Pied de Port on May 23 arriving Santiago on June 20. I later walked to Finisterre and Muxia. I stayed at L'Esprit du Chemin for the night before my walk out at 7:35 AM. I am wondering if we know some of the same people since our paths must have crossed even if we didn't know one another. John

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi John,

I live and walk in the Berkshires of Western Massachusetts. You?
Hello Leaningforward: I live in Holliston, Massachusetts. I do a fair amount of hiking and the Berkshires are on my near bucket list. I hiked 200 miles of the Appalachian Trail in Maine and have only 80 miles more to go to finish the state before I turn south and hike the AT in New Hampshire. Have you walked a Camino or are your planning one presently? John

We are from the Boston area and walked CAMINO Frances 2013, August 29-October 1. There is a Boston chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino. We meet several times a year for hikes and other CAMINO related events. Check out
Americanpilgrims.com and look for the Boston chapter. I think one of the leaders is on the CAMINO now!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I walked the Camino Frances from SJPdP to Santiago and then on to Finisterre and Muxia in May/June 2012. I am planning a return to Spain to walk the Camino del Norte in June 2015. In the nearly three years I have been on this forum, I have talked to only two other pilgrims from Massachusetts. The experience was life changing which is why I am returning next year. If there are other pilgrims out there like me from Massachusetts, I would like to form a group willing to share experiences, advice and comraderie for past, present and future walks in Spain. Buen Camino! John

We are from the Boston area and walked CAMINO Frances 2013, August 29-October 1. There is a Boston chapter of American Pilgrims on the Camino. We meet several times a year for hikes and other CAMINO related events. Check out
Americanpilgrims.com and look for the Boston chapter. I think one of the leaders is on the CAMINO now!
Thank you for the information, and I will definitely check it out. My running days are long behind me with a bad back from a car accident this past January, but I have "many miles to go" hiking. I love the AT and expect that the New England Section hike will keep me busy for several years, so I think I may join your chapter which sounds absolutely wonderful; combination of New England hikers and Camino peregrinos. What could possibly beat that? Thanks again. Best regards, John

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I live relatively close to Massachusetts-- Upstate NY. You take honorary members? :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hey! I am from MA too, technically I live in Cambridge (but I am spending more time in Framingham where I grew up). I did one week of the camino frances in August and loved it, I am looking to go back to start again possibly in a few days if I can just bite the bullet and buy the plane tix. I did only one week and it was such an amazing experience and would love to share and learn from others in the area.

Hello Olivares...of course! New England or New York, we are all neighbors.
Sounds like the Berkshires could be a central place to meet. Anyone up for a hike this autumn?
I'd be up for a hike in the Berkshires especially at this time of the year. Are you referring to the AT or other trail that you are familiar with?

Hey! I am from MA too, technically I live in Cambridge (but I am spending more time in Framingham where I grew up). I did one week of the camino frances in August and loved it, I am looking to go back to start again possibly in a few days if I can just bite the bullet and buy the plane tix. I did only one week and it was such an amazing experience and would love to share and learn from others in the area.
Hi Nomad: Looks like your week on the Camino was an epiphany. It was for me as well. I am going back in June and I can't wait. My time on the Camino Frances was nothing short of magical.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Nomad. I live in Holliston or about 15 minutes away from Framingham!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.