• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Massage & Self Care on the Camino

LRH

Time of past OR future Camino
September/October (2016)
May (2023)
one of my (many) intentions for my Caamino was for self care -- listen to my body, care for my feet, and pause my brain long enough to not "over do" but rather be present. I just completed my first week and will be leaving Pamplona tomorrow -- start to stage 4 (according to Brierley book). As this is my first Camino I have heeded the advice from those who have traveled before me, as well as "expert" input from my Camino angels on this site/network (thank you to all!)

Today I begin a posting thread for those interested in (or in dire need of) a massage along the Way. I decided to do this after doing a Google search for such topic in Pamplona and found one link to an older posting from this site/network. As I go along -- any additional places I frequent I will post here for anyone else to see, check out, use as you like.

Pamplona (11 Sept, 2016):
Had a comfortable and much needed massage at Pediluvium (open 7 days/week)
See Facebook page: PediluviumIruna/Pamplona (or www.pediluvium.Iruna/Pamplona). Owner and Massage Therapist: Irune Urreisti (email: pediluvium11@gmail.com) Phone: 607217259 in Pamplona -- located down street from Casa Ibarra Albergue. Prices are reasonable. My legs, feet, and back were all "Muy Contenta" when I left. I recommend to any other pilgrim.

There is one other place I noted, but it was not open on Sunday. It has Pilgrim specials -- you must show your credential. It is called Ultreia! A Google search will provide website.

Will post more once/if I have more. Buen Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Jato's daugther has/had a table in the Ave Fenix Albergue in Villafranca del Bierzo.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
On the Camino Frances in San Xulian just past the Albergue O Abrigadoiro you can get a Shiatsu massage. If you end up staying at the albergue walk just a few minutes more to take advantage of this. I post it here because I do not remember seeing an ad at the albergue.

one of my (many) intentions for my Caamino was for self care -- listen to my body, care for my feet, and pause my brain long enough to not "over do" but rather be present. I just completed my first week and will be leaving Pamplona tomorrow -- start to stage 4 (according to Brierley book). As this is my first Camino I have heeded the advice from those who have traveled before me, as well as "expert" input from my Camino angels on this site/network (thank you to all!)

Today I begin a posting thread for those interested in (or in dire need of) a massage along the Way. I decided to do this after doing a Google search for such topic in Pamplona and found one link to an older posting from this site/network. As I go along -- any additional places I frequent I will post here for anyone else to see, check out, use as you like.

Pamplona (11 Sept, 2016):
Had a comfortable and much needed massage at Pediluvium (open 7 days/week)
See Facebook page: PediluviumIruna/Pamplona (or www.pediluvium.Iruna/Pamplona). Owner and Massage Therapist: Irune Urreisti (email: pediluvium11@gmail.com) Phone: 607217259 in Pamplona -- located down street from Casa Ibarra Albergue. Prices are reasonable. My legs, feet, and back were all "Muy Contenta" when I left. I recommend to any other pilgrim.

There is one other place I noted, but it was not open on Sunday. It has Pilgrim specials -- you must show your credential. It is called Ultreia! A Google search will provide website.

Will post more once/if I have more. Buen Camino!
Yesterday I had the best massage of my life at Casa Magica in Villatuerta it cost €40 he also very adeptly dealt with a toe blister causing me much grief for the last few days. The masseur 'Miguel' is respectful and kind and somehow it was an emotional as well as a physical experience for me. At the end he covered me in oils that gradually heated up during the evening as I lay in the Hammocks listening to the water fountain. The food was also great very earthy and authentic. Highly recommended.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Bonita if it was emotional than you know it was good. You are experiencing inner body work. In arts such as yoga and T'ai Chi, the same thing can happen. In T'ai Chi, we had an expression "It's like all the bubbles coming to the top". Continued safe and healthy journey.

My friend had a great massage in Castrojeriz - we simply asked at the bar (using sign language and poor Spanish) and the bar owner called someone then a lady came to walk us up to the masseuse who was a man and did a great job. €15 for 3/4 hr.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back