• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

massages

M

mikevasey

Hi can anyone suggest places or locations from belarado onwards for really good massages on the legs, my right leg is killing me and i will probaly have to keep getting it massaged for the next few days just in attempt to keep it loose, have started stretching exercises and they free it up a bit. apart from that this´winter' walking isnt that bad perfect weather (so far), feel overdressed.
Buen camino

mike

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I only know of the refuge run by the German Confraternity at La Faba, who also offer foot massages. And she (If I recall correctly, her name is Anita) is very good too.

Usually, hospitaleros can refer you to a masseur/se experienced in dealing with pilgrims. If not, then the local pharmacist will be able to do so.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Learn how to massage your own leg - buysome arnica or other oils with you. Massage your muscles as soon as you feel a cramp coming on. Stay hydrated and stretch regularly on the road. Try to make some homemade elctrolyte mixtures with orangejuice, salt and sugar. Take advantage of any hospitalero who does massages.
Good luck!

+++ on the Arnica oil.
Also, triple plus on drinking lots of water.

You might also consider lightening your pack?
Or taking a few days to rest. Better to lose a few days (enjoy the sites) than to have to quit your Camino. You can also hop on a bus to a larger town where you can find a masseuse... for very little cash... then if you want, bus back to begin where you left off.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Not sure if you're on camino at the moment but +La Faba, +drinking water etc.
I normally walk in the summer. Often I start out without breakfast however I always drink 500ml / half litre before I set off down the road.
Remember you are abusing your body; it's made up of water.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
You can also see if you can get your hands on some Tiger Balm. Many peregrinos I met on the Camino swear by it.

Hi folks, thanks for all your messages. got some good tips as to stretching legs of other peregrinos on the way as well. had a very good massage in Ages the other day, my legs felt perfect the next day untill we hit the asphalt of Burgos.

Managed to get rid of 2.5kg in burgos, down to about 7.2kg so hopefully that help.

Im in a little internet room above a(the) bar in Raba de calzada at the moment which was a short day after starting at about 1pm, but because of the gale that was blowing turned out to be a bit more harder than expected. Saw a group of cyclists today, felt quite sorry for them.

Buen camino

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back