A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Matomo web analytics on my Forum site.

Camino Badges

MickMac

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Just discovered on My Camino Forum account site under privacy that a monitoring web analytics system was used to monitor my content on this forum, removed it I hope.

Just thought I would mention it . Its in German as you can see.

Deaktivierung durchgeführt! Ihre Besuche auf dieser Website werden von der Webanalyse nicht mehr erfasst. Bitte beachten Sie, dass auch der Matomo-Deaktivierungs-Cookie dieser Website gelöscht wird, wenn Sie die in Ihrem Browser abgelegten Cookies entfernen. Außerdem müssen Sie, wenn Sie einen anderen Computer oder einen anderen Webbrowser verwenden, die Deaktivierungsprozedur nochmals absolvieren.

Ihr Besuch dieser Website wird aktuell von der Matomo Webanalyse nicht erfasst. Diese Checkbox aktivieren für Opt-In.

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese,Frances,Norte,Salvador/primitivo,Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, VDLP spring19
I had a look at my privacy too and don’t quite understand.
I did put into google translate but still not comprehending whether I need to ‘do’ anything ?

MickMac

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2013
Frances 2016
Frances 2017
Frances 2018
Frances 2018
Ponferrada-Santiago
July 2019
Tick the box it will unsubscribe you.

Last edited:

Kathar1na

Camino(s) past & future
Santiago and beyond (own way - voie de Tours - camino francés - Biskaya - Manche)
I had a look at my privacy too and don’t quite understand.
I did put into google translate but still not comprehending whether I need to ‘do’ anything ?
You don’t need to do anything but you can opt out by unchecking the box. It will prevent the website from “aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here” (how often you visit, how long you stay, from where you log in etc). Doing so will protect your privacy to some extent, but it will also prevent the website owner “from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users.”.

If you want to opt out you need to do so on every device you use for accessing this website. The text also says that the analysing software is activated again when you clear website cookies in your browser (in case you ever clear cookies!).

It’s a nice touch to have this option to opt out. As I understand it, the website owner recently switched from Google’s analyzing software to the current one. The previous Google software didn’t allow to opt out as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'Portuguese,Frances,Norte,Salvador/primitivo,Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, VDLP spring19
Thanks for the explanation @Kathar1na

Its good to have a choice although if @MickMac hadnt pointed it out., I would still be unaware.

This forum is an ‘English language ‘ site though., so I wonder if @ivar should update the German content.

Annie

Last edited:

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure why this comes up in German... but as mentioned above. Un-check the box and "Save" and Matomo will not track your user on the site. I think it will still show you as a visitor, but it will not link the visit to your username.

By the way this is not shared with anyone (not google, not facebook,... no one but me can see this info).

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Humbertico Announcements 2
D Announcements 5
OLDER threads on this topic
IVAR Website Calender
Webcams?

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 3.9%
  • April

Votes: 158 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 259 25.0%