• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mau @ Temple of Peace

Derrybiketours

A journey of 500 miles begins with one step!
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdeP-FIN(09/2018)
PORTO-SANT(11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe(01/2019)
SJPdeP- SANT(09/2019)
Madrid(7/2020)
Good afternoon Pilgrim's!

Last year I met an American Pilgrim who suggested that I should meet with a man called Mau in his home that he calls the Temple of Peace. I believe it is located between San Anton and Castrojeriz.

Has anyone heard of this man, met him or could you shed light on this temple of peace and how I could go about making contact.

Many thanks
Kevin 🤠

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes, I have seen the place, but have never stayed there. Have you tried Googling it?
Thanks for your reply and maybe you could elaborate, my googling efforts have been unproductive. Can you specify exact location please?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Let me see what I can find out.
I would appreciate that, in my research I've stumbled across an interesting site that lists all alburgues across the route. I can't seem to locate any Alburgue referring to Temple of Peace. When you happened upon it did it look like an Alburgue and is it alongside the main walking route therefore i'll just happen upon it when I get there

I would appreciate that, in my research I've stumbled across an interesting site that lists all alburgues across the route. I can't seem to locate any Alburgue referring to Temple of Peace. When you happened upon it did it look like an Alburgue and is it alongside the main walking route therefore i'll just happen upon it when I get there

It seems it was right along the Camino. I rarely walk off of it. I remember it being on the right and seeing prayer flags, smelling incense, etc. He may not advertise. I don't know.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Im surprised you didn't pop in, sounds intriguing. I'm looking forward now more than ever to finding out more when I get there. Does it look like the sort of place that you could stay in overnight?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Last year I met an American Pilgrim who suggested that I should meet with a man called Mau in his home that he calls the Temple of Peace. I believe it is located between San Anton and Castrojeriz.

Has anyone heard of this man, met him or could you shed light on this temple of peace and how I could go about making contact.

Many thanks
Kevin 🤠

@Rich1 your reference to
Castrojeriz was catalyst for search 'mau near Castrojeriz' and look what turned up, mystery solved. Apparently it's called the temple of silence, might explain why my American friend suggested I ought to visit 🤠🙏

httpp://sobercamino.blogspot.com/2015/06/a-special-encounter-in-castrojeriz.html?m=1

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Thursday, 18 June 2015
A special encounter in Castrojeriz

Nia%2BPeiro%2Bphoto.jpg

© Nia Peiro

Touching moments watching this one and other photos Nia Peiro made with and of Mau Mariani.

Accompanied by pure wise words. There is one quote - the one that spoke loudest to my heart - I want to share with you: the ideal man is he who, in the moments of most intense activity, knows how to find the silence and the loneliness of the desert. This man has achieved sHospital del Alma, the hospital of the soul. Sure it can be.
Meanwhile (2018) the house is called The Temple of Silence
The garden
296%2Btuin%2Ben%2Bwild%2Bchapel%2Bbij%2BMau%2BMariani%2BCastrojeriz%2B18%2Bjuni%2B2015.jpg
The Wild Chapel
297%2Bin%2B%2Bwild%2Bchapel%2Bbij%2BMau%2BMariani%2BCastrojeriz%2B18%2Bjuni%2B2015.jpg

Post a Comment
Home
Powered by Blogger.

@Rich1 your reference to
Castrojeriz was catalyst for search 'mau near Castrojeriz' and look what turned up, mystery solved. Apparently it's called the temple of silence, might explain why my American friend suggested I ought to visit 🤠🙏

httpp://sobercamino.blogspot.com/2015/06/a-special-encounter-in-castrojeriz.html?m=1
Yep it is my blog. No albergue. No internet. Place to stay for reflection along the way in the small town of Castrojeriz, right at the camino.

A lovely sign, pilgrim face making one half of the shape of a heart with the other embracing love. Give out love, get love back. Thank you everyone for enlightening me further. Tomorrow I will explain the significance of this meeting with destiny 🤠
Did you meet Mau Derrybiketours?

I have popped into the Temple of Silence a few times now. Incredible place. First time I was walking with a German Cop, and we are both ex military. When we left the building we just stood in the street and cried. It had such an effect on us.

Remember to turn your phone off before you go in. And do not talk.

One thing Mau teaches is 'Never mention or even think Kilometers. Just walk'.

Davey

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
It used to be Hospital of the Soul, now it's Temple of Silence. It is not an albergue. Mau can often be found over behind Albergue Monasterio de San Anton, where he and his partner are building a little summer home and garden.
They are open only in the warm-weather months.
Rebekah, do you remember the name of Mau’s partner? I stayed at the San Antón albergue twice while she was there as Hospitalera, but I can’t recall her name and would like to. Thanks

I have popped into the Temple of Silence a few times now. Incredible place. First time I was walking with a German Cop, and we are both ex military. When we left the building we just stood in the street and cried. It had such an effect on us.

Remember to turn your phone off before you go in. And do not talk.

One thing Mau teaches is 'Never mention or even think Kilometers. Just walk'.

Davey
It had the same effect on me <3

Rebekah, do you remember the name of Mau’s partner? I stayed at the San Antón albergue twice while she was there as Hospitalera, but I can’t recall her name and would like to. Thanks

Her name is Kornelia, or just Nela. She from Poland, but lives in Germany.
I used to do staffing at San Anton. I got to know them both a bit. Very sweet spirits.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Her name is Kornelia, or just Nela. She from Poland, but lives in Germany.
I used to do staffing at San Anton. I got to know them both a bit. Very sweet spirits.
Thanks very much Rebekah :) . For me, staying at the albergue (in its magical location) and visiting Mau’s very special ‘house of silence’ were both memorable highlights of my Camino. <3

Did you meet Mau Derrybiketours?
Unfortunately he didn't get the opportunity to meet me as he departed for Holliday 4 days before my arrival but I did get to meet Monia at San Anton which was enough for me, always a reason to return 🤠

Attachments

• 20191013_131144.jpg
    20191013_131144.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17
It used to be Hospital of the Soul, now it's Temple of Silence. It is not an albergue. Mau can often be found over behind Albergue Monasterio de San Anton, where he and his partner are building a little summer home and garden.
They are open only in the warm-weather months.

Attachments

• 20191013_171829.jpg
    20191013_171829.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Unfortunately he didn't get the opportunity to meet me as he departed for Holliday 4 days before my arrival but I did get to meet Monia at San Anton which was enough for me, always a reason to return 🤠
I couldn't agree more. I also met Monia when I stayed there a couple of years ago; what a beautiful person...in all ways. Buen Camino! :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hello.

I have met Mau couple of years ago. It has been inspiring and lovely time, while together. He welcomed me like his son. We stayed together over a week. I still cherish those memories.

Two years ago, I tried to visit him while traveling near Castrojeriz. It was early spring and he was not at home. He might be in Canarias I thought, as he already mentioned to me.
These days I am planing to travel for a while in Canarias and thought that would be nice to meet him again. Unfortunatelly I do not know where in Canarias he might stay. He might told me the Island but I forgot.
Therefore I googled and ended up here and after reading comments from people who met him I had an idea to ask here.

Does anyone know and would like to share, where in Canarias Mao stays? Any information could be helpful.
Also, since it is a private information, it could be shared via private message here, or via email: hlavinkadominik(at)gmail(dot)com

Last edited:

Many thanks
Kevin 🤠

You may be seeking the Casa de Silencio in Castrojeriz. The man who goes by Mau is Mauricio, originally from Italy. I had the good fortune to meet Mau this past June as we both disembarked from the local bus in Castrojeriz. I was bussing because my feet were extremely painful and my Camino walking was very limited and difficult but also euphoric and transcendent — because of the Camino itself and how connections with other pilgrims seems to happen magically. As passengers disembarked, Mau asked several of us pilgrims if we knew how to find our accommodations. He told us the town could be tricky to navigate because of how it was long and narrow and built into the mountainside. He walked each of us to where we were staying (or hoped to stay). My hotel was locked and he found friends who opened it for me. His visage and clothing were wizard-like and he exuded a balance of quirky worldly normalcy & competence along with peace & spiritual transcendence. Mau told me he was of the House of Silence and bade me visit. I could not then, but I will return to the Camino Frances in large part to do so. I imagine you will find it not hard to locate the Casa de Silence or Mau in Castrojeriz. Ojalá! Though i can't vouch for it, google also has an address: C. Real de Ote., 23, 09110 Castrojeriz, Burgos, Spain.

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
I started from Pamplona this morning for a quick week walking before starting service as a hospitalera next week back in Pamplona. The trail up to Alto de Perdón has only a few big puddles left...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Ultreia, y'all! I am excited to start my first camino soon and have a question about the first time I use my Pilgrim's Passport. I have one already (purchased from Ivar) but was still planning to...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back