• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2015 Compostelas

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

The number of Compostelas for this month is 31,078 compared to 28,849 in the last Holy Year 2010. It is possible that the annual number this year will exceed the last Holy Year, something that has not occurred since statistics were reliably collected!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Will be interesting to see June as well.

I left sjpdp on 28th April, but those a couple of days behind me reported 600 left sjpdp on May 1st !

I am not sure what statistic source would be used to estimate the number of pilgrims leaving St. Jean.
It seems one would have to stand at the bridge and count them as they passed.

Not everyone goes to the Pilgrim Office, for any reason. Many do...but many either do not even know it exists or don't have a reason.
Most Pilgrims are not native English speakers and do not frequent this forum...we are a very small fraction of the pilgrim population.

I can't think of any accurate (or even close) estimate of the number of Pilgrims leaving SJPdP on any given day...except a WAG.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am not sure what statistic source would be used to estimate the number of pilgrims leaving St. Jean.
It seems one would have to stand at the bridge and count them as they passed.

Not everyone goes to the Pilgrim Office, for any reason. Many do...but many either do not even know it exists or don't have a reason.
Most Pilgrims are not native English speakers and do not frequent this forum...we are a very small fraction of the pilgrim population.

I can't think of any accurate (or even close) estimate of the number of Pilgrims leaving SJPdP on any given day...except a WAG.

I think it was the number that arrived at Roncesvalles. ..... The assumption being, that they had departed St Jean....

Just what I heard on the grapevine ..... from those who stayed there that night. ...

Last edited:
I arrive in Santiago tomorrow and recall posts that the pilgrim office has moved but cannot seem to find the new address, can anyone help? thanks

I arrive in Santiago tomorrow and recall posts that the pilgrim office has moved but cannot seem to find the new address, can anyone help? thanks

It has not moved yet, at least last week it was still in place.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The number of Compostelas for this month is 31,078 compared to 28,849 in the last Holy Year 2010. It is possible that the annual number this year will exceed the last Holy Year, something that has not occurred since statistics were reliably collected!!

Well I am on record that I predict the numbers will somewhere between 250,000 to 295,000 with 275,000 as my most likely outcome

The numbers for 2010 were 272, 135

That's great! Send us a photo from Tertulia Forum Meeting Place?

Enjoy!

Well I am on record that I predict the numbers will somewhere between 250,000 to 295,000 with 275,000 as my most likely outcome

The numbers for 2010 were 272, 135
Wasn't there a bet between you and @clearskies somewhere on this forum?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Well I am actually having dinner with @bsewall next weekend, so I am sure the topic will come for discussion

;)

At the current rate of issuing compostelas, June 2015 will have at least 2,000 more compostelas than in the last Holy Year!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back