• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2016 - Looking for Walkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimLin

I am a miracle in motion! Buen Camino!
Time of past OR future Camino
Hello.
I am returning to the Camino Frances next May-ish 2016.
I will be starting in Logrono.
I am Canadian from the GTA/Barrie.
Looking for female walker(s) or a group.
Anyone?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
My all female group is starting our walk from St Jean Pied de Port on/around April 26th. PM me and we can try to see if we are on the trail at the same time. Me + 4 friends from church (maybe one more) will be joining me for my 50th celebration camino walk. We are traveling from the US. (West Coast)

My all female group is starting our walk from St Jean Pied de Port on/around April 26th. PM me and we can try to see if we are on the trail at the same time. Me + 4 friends from church (maybe one more) will be joining me for my 50th celebration camino walk. We are traveling from the US. (West Coast)

Yes, it would be nice to connect. I do not know how to PM from here...is it the "start a conversation?"

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello.
Anyone?

My friend and I live in aurora ontario and plan to do the walk next year around May 2016... We just have to coordinate vacation time but sounds like we will be there the same time... Would be great to meet you

Last edited by a moderator:
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
My friend and I live in aurora ontario and plan to do the walk next year around May 2016... We just have to coordinate vacation time but sounds like we will be there the same time... Would be great to meet you

That is very sweet...let's get together, I will send you a private message in a sec!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hello.
Anyone?
I and a friend from collage plan on walking the French way April/May. We're not female walkers. Just are a couple of Old Guys on the shady side of 66 hobbeling along. Look for two OGs haveing way too much fun. I would be glad to buy you a beer or share a bottle of Spainsh Cave. Easy to spot, I always finish my "buen camino" with "Happy Trails". Buen Camino

Happy Trails

I and a friend from collage plan on walking the French way April/May. We're not female walkers. Just are a couple of Old Guys on the shady side of 66 hobbeling along. Look for two OGs haveing way too much fun. I would be glad to buy you a beer or share a bottle of Spainsh Cave. Easy to spot, I always finish my "buen camino" with "Happy Trails". Buen Camino

Happy Trails

Thank you for introducing yourself @Urban Trekker - I will be keeping my eye and "ears" out for you both. Please keep in touch as we approach the time... Buen Camino and Carpe Diem!

Happy Trails
Hey there Happy Trails Two more grade school,high school and college friends looking back at 65 Expecting to get to STJDP@ April 20, 2016 One from PA the other from TX Meeting our wives @May 15 in Saria to finish with them Need to get together and share Ben Gay with that beer

SimLin
My wife and I will be starting in St. Jean on May 12th (or so). Depending on when you start our paths may cross, though our pace will likely be slow at first. In any case, hope you have a Buen Camino and enjoy the planning as much as we are enjoying it.
Joe

Hey there Happy Trails Two more grade school,high school and college friends looking back at 65 Expecting to get to STJDP@ April 20, 2016 One from PA the other from TX Meeting our wives @May 15 in Saria to finish with them Need to get together and share Ben Gay with that beer
I'm from Nevada and my friend is from California, which I don't hold against him. Our paths could very well cross as we too are looking at late April to start our camino. If you hear someone say "Happy Trails" while you're walking, that's me. Zip off pants, blue pack, beige Tillie hat, and a big silly grin on my face. I don't drink beer but I'm not apposed to buying you one either. Buen Camino

Happy Trails

P.S. Ben-guy is good but Voltaren gel is way better and you can buy it across the counter in Spain.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thank you for introducing yourself @Urban Trekker - I will be keeping my eye and "ears" out for you both. Please keep in touch as we approach the time... Buen Camino and Carpe Diem!
I have been accused of Carpe Diem all my life :) but I didn't know it had a name;). Buen Camino

Happy Trails

SimLin
My wife and I will be starting in St. Jean on May 12th (or so). Depending on when you start our paths may cross, though our pace will likely be slow at first. In any case, hope you have a Buen Camino and enjoy the planning as much as we are enjoying it.
Joe

Good to know! At the present time, my goal is to start first week of May in Logrono - which is 7 days ahead of St Jean - but ya never know! Thanks for sharing and yes, the process/planning is truly an exciting part of the Journey! Buen Camino!

Hello.
Anyone?
Hi, can't help you with the female walkers part. But what I can do is wish you a fantastic journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I plan on starting from St. Jean in the middle of April. Will be walking the first 10 days with my husband, but he's leaving in Pamplona (or a bit later). How far does your group plan to walk daily? I am giving myself 8-10 mile days, so doing it more slowly than most. I might end up being able to connect and would like not to be walking alone (although I imagine I'll make some Camino Buddies pretty easily)

Hello.
Anyone?
Hi, I am starting from St Jean on the 30 April, 2016. I am female, an "aussie", in my early 60's, and keen to find walking companions also. Do you have an idea of your starting date from Logrono yet?

Hi, I am starting from St Jean on the 30 April, 2016. I am female, an "aussie", in my early 60's, and keen to find walking companions also. Do you have an idea of your starting date from Logrono yet?

Hi Tinta, I am also in my early 60's, cheers! Are you booked to start on the 30th? My start date will be determined by my ability to find someone to walk with. Logrono is [according the Brierly's Book and my experience] 7 walking days from SJPdP. And so ... that is when I could start. I do want to walk in the month of May because, again from experience, the weather was favourable.

Happy Trails
Hi Happy Trails, I am starting from St Jean on April 30, 2016, hoping to make the whole distance. I am female, Australian, in my early 60's and will happy of any companionship along the way, part of the adventure is meeting people. So, with any luck we may cross paths.

Hi Tinta, I am also in my early 60's, cheers! Are you booked to start on the 30th? My start date will be determined by my ability to find someone to walk with. Logrono is [according the Brierly's Book and my experience] 7 walking days from SJPdP. And so ... that is when I could start. I do want to walk in the month of May because, again from experience, the weather was favourable.
Hi, just checked my dates, I start on Sunday 1 May, taking it slow to begin with, and time out to see Pamplona. Will be in Logrono on Tuesday 10 May, all going well. My plan is to be in Santiago on 8 June, I have some rest days planned.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello.
Anyone?

I am thinking to start my journey on the Camino May of 2016 also, and would prefer to walk with someone... I'm just beginning all my research though, forgive my ignorance, but where is Logrono? If I start with someone, I would love to begin in St. Jean. But if beginning alone, I will probably start in Roncesvalle (sp?)

I am thinking to start my journey on the Camino May of 2016 also, and would prefer to walk with someone... I'm just beginning all my research though, forgive my ignorance, but where is Logrono? If I start with someone, I would love to begin in St. Jean. But if beginning alone, I will probably start in Roncesvalle (sp?)

Thanks for contacting @Angela Leslee - Logrono is 7 days from SJPdP. They were great days! The hike up the Pyrenees was truly beautiful - the descent however was harder. There are days where I think I could start from the beginning again - most likely not. If you are okay with continuing a chat, I could PM you and discuss further! Let me know! Thanks again, and Buen Camino!

Hi, just checked my dates, I start on Sunday 1 May, taking it slow to begin with, and time out to see Pamplona. Will be in Logrono on Tuesday 10 May, all going well. My plan is to be in Santiago on 8 June, I have some rest days planned.

That sounds like a good plan and timeframe. I will PM you in a sec and we continue our conversation. Ciao!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I plan on starting from St. Jean in the middle of April. Will be walking the first 10 days with my husband, but he's leaving in Pamplona (or a bit later). How far does your group plan to walk daily? I am giving myself 8-10 mile days, so doing it more slowly than most. I might end up being able to connect and would like not to be walking alone (although I imagine I'll make some Camino Buddies pretty easily)

Hi @Lisa HS - I started the thread of Looking for Walkers because I too would rather not walk alone - as far as daily distances, that all depends on goals and accommodations desired - once you've walked with your husband for a time you will soon figure out that distances vary from day to day. 8-10 miles per day is good - you may need to go further on some days. Let's keep in touch! Buen Camino!

Happy Trails
I'll be leaving St Jean on May 18th (or thereabouts). Pleased to know there be a couple of other Old Guys out there hobbeling along. Was thinking I was going to be the only OG hobbler. Hoping we'll be able to share a recuperative beer, given that my training walks at the moment look like making it to Roncenvalles, looks like being a major achievement.
Buen Camino

I'll be leaving St Jean on May 18th (or thereabouts). Pleased to know there be a couple of other Old Guys out there hobbeling along. Was thinking I was going to be the only OG hobbler. Hoping we'll be able to share a recuperative beer, given that my training walks at the moment look like making it to Roncenvalles, looks like being a major achievement.
Buen Camino
Just tried walking the Flume Trail here at Lake Tahoe. Walked 4 miles and climbed 1200 feet. Started at just under 7000 feet. Altitude was to much for me and had to turn back. That being said, the Pyrenees are just over 4700 feet, I live at 4500 and I don't think crossing will be a issue and there ia always plan B, take a cab:).
Buen Camino

Happy Trails

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks for contacting @Angela Leslee - Logrono is 7 days from SJPdP. They were great days! The hike up the Pyrenees was truly beautiful - the descent however was harder. There are days where I think I could start from the beginning again - most likely not. If you are okay with continuing a chat, I could PM you and discuss further! Let me know! Thanks again, and Buen Camino!

Sure, you can feel free to PM me, although I am still in the very early stages of planning myself, and want to start as close to the beginning as possible. I'm still putting it out there to some of my friends that I would love to walk with... but this is such a personal 'calling', and the time commitment is considerable, so think I need to maybe see who is already planning on walking.

Sure, you can feel free to PM me, although I am still in the very early stages of planning myself, and want to start as close to the beginning as possible. I'm still putting it out there to some of my friends that I would love to walk with... but this is such a personal 'calling', and the time commitment is considerable, so think I need to maybe see who is already planning on walking.
Hi Angela, I am starting from St Jean on Sunday 1 May, only walking as far as Orrisson the first day, as friends told me to take it easy to begin with and enjoy the view and a cold wine at Orrisson. Sounded like good advice. Then head on to Roncesvalles the next day. Happy to walk with you if we meet up. I am aiming to be more a tortoise than a hare.

Hi Angela, I am starting from St Jean on Sunday 1 May, only walking as far as Orrisson the first day, as friends told me to take it easy to begin with and enjoy the view and a cold wine at Orrisson. Sounded like good advice. Then head on to Roncesvalles the next day. Happy to walk with you if we meet up. I am aiming to be more a tortoise than a hare.

Hi Tinta, that sounds wonderful! I was also planning on stopping at Orrisson the first night and planning on a more tortoise like trip. That timing could totally work for me, I haven't set any dates yet. My birthday is in May, and I would like to be on the trail for that, that's pretty much all I know right now. So let's PM and stay in touch.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

We aren't set on a certain mileage. We would like to walk 6 hours. We are assuming we can cover between 10-15 miles a day. We want to finish in 35 days. (from SJPDP to Santiago). My husband (and my friends husbands as well) are going to join us at the end of our walk. They are flying out on day 33 of our walk. We would love to connect with you along the way.

My strategy is simple--start slow and then ease off.

If you pass a slow walking guy, probably doing the talk test or talking to himself, who suddenly yells at you "Slower is Faster" then you know who that person is.

I don't have a set date yet; looking at April-May time frame (plan A) or the September-October time frame (plan B) in 2016. Plenty of time to train at a slow and steady pace. Plenty of time for my knees to get better.

Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

We aren't set on a certain mileage. We would like to walk 6 hours. We are assuming we can cover between 10-15 miles a day. We want to finish in 35 days. (from SJPDP to Santiago). My husband (and my friends husbands as well) are going to join us at the end of our walk. They are flying out on day 33 of our walk. We would love to connect with you along the way.
Well, you are starting later than I am, so you'll probably pass me by. I'm giving myself 60 days...a long time, I know, but I want days off and don't want to push it. Plus I have a friend who can't come until end of May and wants to walk the last two weeks with me. Hope to see you out there!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I will do my second Camino Frances in April-May 2016. In 2015, I started in Roncesvalles, but next year I want to start at SJPP. I will arrive to Madrid in early April, spend a few days there to get over jetlag and then will head to Pamplona and on to SJPP. I will see some of you on the Camino.

Buen Camino!
Victoria

I will do my second Camino Frances in April-May 2016. In 2015, I started in Roncesvalles, but next year I want to start at SJPP. I will arrive to Madrid in early April, spend a few days there to get over jetlag and then will head to Pamplona and on to SJPP. I will see some of you on the Camino.

Buen Camino!
Victoria

Victoria - Myself and three other friends are starting near the end of April from SJPdP. Maybe we will see you..?

Buen Camino!
Victoria
I am going around the same time. I'm assuming you'll take a train from Madrid to Pamplona. What is your plan from Pamplona to st Jean?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Like you can all see from this thread there will be plenty of pilgrims, even native English speakers!, around May next year ;-) Don't worry too much of walking alone, you will meet your own Camino family on the way and even, at least sometimes, crave solitude. Buen Camino, SY

I am going around the same time. I'm assuming you'll take a train from Madrid to Pamplona. What is your plan from Pamplona to st Jean?
My question is: Is there bus service from Pamplona to SJPdP, train? It looks a bit confusing. I'm planning to walk middle of April.

To travel from Pamplona to SJPdP you might consider the helpful transport plus housing service offered by Corazon Puro. Read more here in their web.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

In April 2015, I took a bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles. When I was at the bus station I was told that there were two buses to Saint Jean. I don't remember the details.

Hello.
Anyone?

I plan to start sometime in May from Los Arcos . Haven't circled a date yet . If you are able to find a group of like minded folks and set a date to meet in Logrono I will try and set my plans to be there . Would enjoy that. I'm not intending to keep up as I am a slow hiker but starting off with a merry band of Peregrino's sounds nice .

Joe

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I plan to start sometime in May from Los Arcos . Haven't circled a date yet . If you are able to find a group of like minded folks and set a date to meet in Logrono I will try and set my plans to be there . Would enjoy that. I'm not intending to keep up as I am a slow hiker but starting off with a merry band of Peregrino's sounds nice .

Joe
Thanks @DeadFred - I have found a small group that would have met me in Logrono - however, I decided to join them in SJPDP and restart my journey from the beginning, starting in SJPDP on April 29th...should be in Los Arcos on the 4th of May! Let's keep in touch!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello.
Anyone?

Replying to my own Post haha - change of plans, I will now be starting from SJPDP on April 29th... I have found walkers - would welcome anyone to join on that date ... see you on the Camino!

Hello.
Anyone?

SimLin,
Start out.
After starting out, look left, look forward, look right and behind you. They'll be there:)
Buen (female accompanied) Camino

My question is: Is there bus service from Pamplona to SJPdP, train? It looks a bit confusing. I'm planning to walk middle of April.
I'm leaving Mid april too. My first camino. Is 32 days from SJPP to Santiago realistic? I walk 8 miles a day at home every morning. I know its not the same. How long has your trip forms taken?

I'm leaving Mid april too. My first camino. Is 32 days from SJPP to Santiago realistic? I walk 8 miles a day at home every morning. I know its not the same. How long has your trip forms taken?

I planned 32 days in 2014 but found my physical capabilities would not accommodate my timeline. If you could walk 10 mi a day X 32 days leaves you 180 miles short of Santiago and that's with no rest days . I realized this quickly and decided to take each of my 32 days as it came and enjoy the moment. I did enjoy each moment up to Los Arcos when I stopped with injury. Heading back in May 2016 with no deadline .
Joe

I planned 32 days in 2014 but found my physical capabilities would not accommodate my timeline. If you could walk 10 mi a day X 32 days leaves you 180 miles short of Santiago and that's with no rest days . I realized this quickly and decided to take each of my 32 days as it came and enjoy the moment. I did enjoy each moment up to Los Arcos when I stopped with injury. Heading back in May 2016 with no deadline .
Joe
Thanks Fred,
I have my sons wedding on June 3rd and wanted to get back a couple weeks before that. Leaving in early april, i would be leery of having to bring more clothing for colder weather. My second option would be to keep a comfortable pace and maybe cut out some of the middle of the journey if i fall behind. I would really like to walk into Santiago. I am going to fly my son in for the last 100km so we can do it together.

I hope you do not mind me jumping on your thread. I am to do the Camino France way early in 2016, ideally March. I know it may be a bit cold but its the only time I can. If anyone fancies joining a total novice en route then please feel free. I am an honest, genuine guy doing the route just to clear my head and get in preparation for the Appalachian trail. I am a total novice and will be ideally staying in Hotels and guest houses during the route. I like a chat but also love to have my headphones in and plod on. Not exactly looking for a trail buddy, but anyone doing it around that time, it would be great to meet, chat, prepare and enjoy

I hope you do not mind me jumping on your thread. I am to do the Camino France way early in 2016, ideally March. I know it may be a bit cold but its the only time I can. If anyone fancies joining a total novice en route then please feel free. I am an honest, genuine guy doing the route just to clear my head and get in preparation for the Appalachian trail. I am a total novice and will be ideally staying in Hotels and guest houses during the route. I like a chat but also love to have my headphones in and plod on. Not exactly looking for a trail buddy, but anyone doing it around that time, it would be great to meet, chat, prepare and enjoy

Welcome and Buen Camino! Will be on the Frances from April 29th/16 - check this link on the forum: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/may-june-2016-peregrinos-camino-frances.36410/

You can ask to be added and, you'll see how many and who is going at the time you are!
Linda

Hi everyone,

I will be starting my 3rd Camino from SJPP on the 18th of May.

Look forward to meeting all fellow pilgrims along the way.

Buen Camino,
Mike

Hello.
Anyone?

Hi, I just posted that I am looking for companions in May 2016 too - I am walking from Sarria to Santiago and flexible. However, I would like to enjoy a slower pace - say 12-15 km per day - not 22 to 30 km....

Are you still on your journey and what is your plan for distance per day?

Cheers,

Hi, I just posted that I am looking for companions in May 2016 too - I am walking from Sarria to Santiago and flexible. However, I would like to enjoy a slower pace - say 12-15 km per day - not 22 to 30 km....

Are you still on your journey and what is your plan for distance per day?

Cheers,

Thanks for contacting me @Shelley1000. There has been a change of plan for me, i am starting with a group on April 29th from SJPDP instead of Logrono; we will be arriving Sarria around May 27/28 - I am not sure how to connect by then...however if you post your whereabouts on here...I will be able to let you know how we are doing.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back