• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2018 Rota Vicentina, places to stay and eat

Mark James

Time of past OR future Camino
Ruta Primitiva (2005)
Camino Portugues/Variante Espiritual March 2018
Rota Vicentina May 2018
I walked from Vila do Bispo to Vila Nova de Milfontes in May (I went from south to north). I am planning to return to walk from the north.
General observations (probably well known) along the coast, the route is often spectacular, the inland routes less so.
First night Hotel Montemar (Lagos) about 30 euros, okay
Second, Casa de Estela, Carrapateira, 36 euros, lovely room, with fridge coffee machine, fresh fruit, food for self catering breakfast, lovely caring landlady (who doesn't speak much English, but we got by in Castilian), 36 euros, but I think less if you deal direct, pdd.estela@gmail.com 962 815 189, 927 538 491
Third, Jo House Hostel, Aljezur, 15 e, excellent, access to kitchen, really welcoming and caring, 80% of their clientele are hikers, there's also a double private room. Lovely relaxed atmosphere, https://www.facebook.com/Jo-House-954289394633793/
Johousealjezur@gmail.com 282 994 483, 916 846 443
Fourth, Odexeixe, Hospedaria Firmino Bernardino, c 27e, okay room with ensuite, fridge, nice landlady, other staff a bit unresponsive. Restaurante Taberna do Gabão
Fifth, Zambujeira do Mar, Hakuna Matata, 18e, a bit pricey for a bunk in a cramped hostel, kitchen, etc, free coffee, but bring your own sweetener.
Sixth, Refugio de Almograve, 25 e, a comfortable oldish ground floor to myself, with bedrooom, kitchen, lounge. Wonderful, I wish I'd stayed two nights.
Seventh and eighth, Vila Nova de Milfontes, Alojamentos Vitinho, 33e, okay, fridge, own garden, ensuite, I'd recommend the nearby Casa de Benfica for eating, and also the Clube Desportivo, Praia de Milfontes
I stopped at the Family Hostel in Lisbon, I don't think I'd recommend it for solo travellers, as the boss seems to take scant interest in them (clue is in the name I guess, 24e (inc tax).
Mark

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back