• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2022 Finisterre & Muxia Conditions

Mark T17

Time of past OR future Camino
Kumano Kodo 2012
Frances Sept 2017 (bike)
Hi all, just looking for an update on conditions on the SDC - Muxia - Finisterre route. Is it likely to be busy in mid May 2022? Will I have to book albergue's? Thanks M

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My crystal ball is a bit cloudy right now so I won't attempt to predict how busy it might be. I walked in late April in Easter week, and there were places available all along the road to Muxia. I did get the place I stayed in Muxia to book a place for me in Finisterre.

A quick check on Gronze showed only one place that hasn't been opened this year, so I think you could expect there to be a reasonable number of beds, albeit they may not always be where you want them.

The other reason to book is if the albergues ask that you do so. Someone else might be able to help you with that. It's certainly being encouraged by some places earlier in the CP, but I haven't checked what is happening in Galicia yet.

We just finished on 5th April. Some albergues still closed. Others we were their first peregrinos. The albergue owners expect it to be busy after Easter. Recommend Monte Aro, great host.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Recommend Monte Aro, great host.
I agree. Monte Aro is great. I followed their recommended stages the last time that I walked to Finisterre. They also have a good bar/restaurant.

We just finished on 5th April. Some albergues still closed. Others we were their first peregrinos. The albergue owners expect it to be busy after Easter. Recommend Monte Aro, great host.
Would you recommend booking significantly ahead given it’s a beach destination area?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Depending on which month you are going I think booking ahead is recommended. Some albergues were still closed in April but the route was busy enough. Recommend Albergue Monte Aro and definitely book finisterra accomodation

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back