• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May 2023

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Me as well! I've been watching the weather (for what it's worth) along the route this year to try to get a sense of what to expect in May/June. Time off work has been booked, and I'm starting to gather up my gear. Can't wait!

I've been watching the weather (for what it's worth) along the route this year to try to get a sense of what to expect in May/June.
You might find the Spanish AEMET site a useful resource for this. The climate section is here. Browse to the section on Climatalogical Data, and you will see a selection of options including both normal values and extreme values. There are different ways to navigate from there, with some differences in how the data is presented.

Hi, Been thinking about the Camino for such along time and next May will be my time. Everything should be set in place and at the age of 66 I set off alone from SJPP for Santiago. Cannot wait. Derek.
Enjoy your planning. I did my first on my own in May. Good time of year.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, Been thinking about the Camino for such along time and next May will be my time. Everything should be set in place and at the age of 66 I set off alone from SJPP for Santiago. Cannot wait. Derek.
Derek! I hope we meet.😊 We (possibly just I) also begin then. Where are your flying from? We are from Oregon. Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Derek! I hope we meet.😊 We (possibly just I) also begin then. Where are your flying from? We are from Oregon. Buen Camino!
Hi, Just waiting for our UK flight schedules to be announced. Hopefully I can book a flight in the 2nd week of May. Stansted London to Bairritz. Then its 2 days in SJPP, 34 days walking, 4 rest days during the walk at Logrono, Carrion de Condes, Molinaseca and Portomarin and then meet the wife in Santiago and have 3 days to explore the city before heading home. Phew!! Can't wait. Buen Camino !!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm planning to start end of April and walk the whole month of May. Will book flights etc late November
I’m also starting Camino #2 in SJPP on May 1, 2023! I walk pretty fast so maybe I’ll catch you along the way. Hope to see you out there!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Derek perhaps our paths may cross along the way you will have a great time!
The time will fly by, and before you know it you will be walking!

My flight is booked from Gatwick on May 2nd i land Biarritz at 18.45;so have booked a taxi to SJPP!
(anyone interest in sharing the ride; just PM me!
I just hope they don't cancel this flight; that will be a right pain in the bum to sort as accommodation is booked to Pamplona.)

Easyjet has cancelled my original flight landing 15.35 on the 2nd; I was going to use Express Bouricot but after communicating the new flight time with them; they don't run a service after 18.00 and last train is 19.36 so thought that time was a bit to tight to expect to catch it from Bayonne )

I have two nights booked in SJPP
( i originally booked a cheap private room; but owner said i should cancel it because was not suitable for me because of it's location and my limitations, so i booked another with free cancellation only to realise it was none refundable; I never made that mistake last year and it's not cheap:rolleyes:

I start walking the Valcarlos route on May 4th and hope to meet some of you guys along the way to Santiago.
ll the best
Buen Camino
Woody

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Derek perhaps our paths may cross along the way you will have a great time!
The time will fly by, and before you know it you will be walking!

My flight is booked from Gatwick on May 2nd i land Biarritz at 18.45;so have booked a taxi to SJPP!
(anyone interest in sharing the ride; just PM me!
I just hope they don't cancel this flight; that will be a right pain in the bum to sort as accommodation is booked to Pamplona.)

Easyjet has cancelled my original flight landing 15.35 on the 2nd; I was going to use Express Bouricot but after communicating the new flight time with them; they don't run a service after 18.00 and last train is 19.36 so thought that time was a bit to tight to expect to catch it from Bayonne )

I have two nights booked in SJPP
( i originally booked a cheap private room; but owner said i should cancel it because was not suitable for me because of it's location and my limitations, so i booked another with free cancellation only to realise it was none refundable; I never made that mistake last year and it's not cheap:rolleyes:

I start walking the Valcarlos route on May 4th and hope to meet some of you guys along the way to Santiago.
ll the best
Buen Camino
Woody
Hi Woody, Thanks for the message. My Osprey Rucksack is full and ready! Just need Ryanair to announce flight times for May. I am looking at arriving in SJPP on 3rd May. Then 2 nights there before I start the trek. I am a keen Birder & Naturalist, so I will be taking my time recording what I see as I walk the Camino to Santiago. Well that's the plan of action at this stage. Soon as Ryanair get their finger out, I can then book my rest day's accommodation and contact Express Bouricot for a possible lift from Biarritz airport. Cant wait. Buen Camino. Derek.

Hi all,
I have just booked Air France flights for 4 May from Edinburgh to Biarritz via Paris. I'll probably head straight to SJPP and start walking on 5 May or may decide to have a night in Biarritz. I probably won't start to look at accommodation until January. I don't want to get too excited too soon.....

Me again Derek!
Have a look at Lindsey Holland Walks YouTube playlist of the Frances it's informative about the way and she watches birds and nature along the route might give you an insight as to what you will find!
Woody

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi My name is Saara. I am going on 22nd April and would like to know how to avoid the crowds in the last 5 stages. It seems to be a bit painful for those walking for 4 to 5 weeks to suddenly be...
Trying to plan a for beginning of August 2024, just watched The Way and got inspired! Any rate….I have a couple months to prepare. I have found a way known online as “Easy Camino Frances”...
Hello kind people, I'll be doing my first Camino in May and I'm looking for some advice. We have a tight schedule due to work and we need to leave SDC to reach the airport in time for our flight...
Not sure where to place this. Something is wrong with BOOKING.COM. It has locked me out of my account both thru the app and online. I made ALL OF OUR RESERVATIONS (starting next week) thru them. I...
Well, maybe not. My plans are to leave for France on May 4th, stay overnight in Paris, train to St. jean, and begin the Camino! and Thursday I came down with covid. and yes, it did indeed put me...
Ten years ago to the day, I returned home from walking the Camino Frances. People asked me if I would do it again, and I said absolutely. I thought I'd be going back in "3 to 4 years." Obviously...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back