• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May Day, Sevilla Cathedral and a credencial...o no?

crevans

1st May is a public holiday. It's also the day on which I wanted to pick up my credencial from the cathedral office in Sevilla and start on my camino. I won't bore you with the reasons why... I've tried to contact the cathedral but to no avail so far. If I present myself at the usual place, the Capellania, at opening time (I believe, 11.00am), am I likely to be successful...on May Day? I can't start earlier or later! Any thoughts?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
The answer is: you might be successful. That office in the Cathedral is more like a "porters' Lodge" so one of the attendants who will definitely be on duty that day might have responsbility for it. Or it might be closed. I wouldn't expect a reply from the cathedral by e mail etc beforehand.

But you have a few options: Obtain a credencial before you go - for example from http://www.mundicamino.com or from your local Confraternity.

But if you arrive in Seville and you don't have one why not get your "starting" sellos on a piece of card or paper on which you can draw some squares if you want and then when you get the credencial at an albergue along the way you can insert it.

Otherwise you can we mail or write to the Amigos Office in Seville and they wil send you one or you can collect it from them. Their website has all of the details including their address:

http://www.viaplata.org/

Let us know how you get on!

John

Thanks, John.

As I expected...!

I've explored the Amigos route and suspect that their office won't be open in time. I need to get cracking promptly-ish on 1st May and the Amigos don't open until, I believe, the afternoon (assuming of course they are open that day). I've got a letter of intro which should suffice pro tem and will do as you suggest and take a 'bit of paper', I think. Thanks.

Clive.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Last November I got my credential for the VdlP from the tourist office that is situated about 20 metres from the Cathedral, very close to the office in the Cathedral that issues them too. there are several tourist offices in Sevilla but this is the one closest to the Cathedral.I dont know the name of the street that it's on but you cant really miss it.

Hope that helps.

Andrew, Salisbury UK

Thanks! The question is: will they be open on a public holiday? But that sounds like a much better bet to try an email in bad Spanish than the cathedral. I will write and see...

The Seville tourist office is a bit vague. From its website:

On national and local holidays, public transport systems run and you will find some museums, monuments, information offices, shopping centres, etc. open. However, these will often have special opening times and/or conditions, given that there may be activities taking place in the area at the same time (fairs, open-air celebrations, religious events, etc.), so you should find out in advance to plan your trip correctly.

New Year: 1 January
Epiphany: 6 January
Andalusia Day: 28 February
Maundy Thursday and Good Friday: date varies year to year (March-April)
Workers’ Day: 1 May
Assumption of the Virgin Mary: 15 August
Columbus Day: 12 October
All Saints’ Day: 1 November
Spanish Constitution Day: 6 December
The Immaculate Conception: 8 December
Christmas: 25 December

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the VĂ­a de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back