• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

May/June 2009 - Roncesvalles to Santiago

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Sandra,
Ihave read your blog and it sounds very similar to mine. I am hoping to start my camino about 20th of May and am forever weighing and re-weighing my gear. Good luck and hope to meet you somewhere along the camino. I am trying to start my blog also.
Do you speak Spanish??.
Regards Begonia :D

Hi Begonia, yes it would be nice if our paths crossed. You may catch me up as I shan´t be going that fast :) . No I don´t speak Spanish but I am fluent in Portuguese and hoping to get by with that and a few online basic Spanish lessons from the BBC.
Sandra

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Sandra,
How wonderful that you are doing this, and, amazingly I am planning the same camino. I will arrive in Pamplona on the 20th of May and begin the camino the next morning. I will bring my moby phone so i can text my family & friends. Would love to meet up with you somewhere in Pamplona. I plan on spending the night at a cheap hostal (2 in mind) and as soon as i reserve my room i will send you the name and number of the place. I live near Barcelona so i will be arriving in Pamplona by train. Look forward to hearing from you. If you want, i can send you a private message with my moby phone # so we can sms each other.

Buen viaje y buen camino!

Adele

Hi Adele,

I´m actually arriving in Pamplona on the 12th, getting the bus to Roncesvalles on the 13th and should start walking on the 14th. If it takes me 2 or 3 days to get back to Pamplona, I´ll be gone before you get there, unfortunately. Since I shan´t be going fast you may still catch me up further on, but I´m afraid I´m not taking a phone so you can´t text me :( . I suppose I could leave messages in the albergues, though. I wonder what others do?

Sandra

Since I shan´t be going fast you may still catch me up further on, but I´m afraid I´m not taking a phone so you can´t text me :( . I suppose I could leave messages in the albergues, though. I wonder what others do?

Hi Sandra, yeah that is a shame that we won't meet up in Pamplona. Do you know where you will be staying Pamplona -- you could leave word there where you're heading? But i guess it's all how the camino unfolds. Perhaps if you have the impulse to check emails at an Internet service somewhere, you can let me know where you'll be since you are ahead of me by a few days. Let me know when you arrive in Pamplona by emailing me and i will call your hotel or hostal. If for some reason we don't connect, i'll be wearing my pilgrim badge and well, let's wait and see. Wishing you safe journey.

Buen camino,
Adele

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.