• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Me and my umbrella - envy of the Camino

FRM

How do you walk the Camino? One step at a time.
Time of past OR future Camino
C.F. 2014, 2019, 2020, 2021
C.P. 2022
So I’m in Redondella. The last two days have been hot (90/32+). I usually walk in March so heat hasn’t been an issue. For the Portugues in late May I purchased a Gosamer Gear trekking umbrella. It has made an amazing difference. I think it is giving me an extra 5k a day. I haven’t seen any others with an umbrella. The comments and looks I’ve gotten have all been positive. A couple of folks have even offered to buy it from me. So those of you heading to the Camino this summer ought to consider it. I had no trouble with TSA bringing it in the plane (2 flights) which was a concern. I had the pack mounts but lost them somewhere along the Way, so have just been carrying it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have a cheap uv umbrella which in summer months definitely aids walking further in greater comfort under the hot sun. It's not as classy as those proper trekking type ones but until I tried it I didn't want to spend significant money, but it's been with me several summer outings and it's still going strong. And doubles as an umbrella in case of rain too!

Last edited:
We are on the CP in June and I have just bought a Euroschirm trekking brolly,was a bit worried that I would look a bit of a wally but if it saves me from frying and possibly getting an extra 5k of trail done then I'm going to have to risk it-its silver and I look like I'm carrying a portable satellite dish!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We are on the CP in June and I have just bought a Euroschirm trekking brolly,was a bit worried that I would look a bit of a wally but if it saves me from frying and possibly getting an extra 5k of trail done then I'm going to have to risk it-its silver and I look like I'm carrying a portable satellite dish!
You may look a bit of a wally but you will be cool, calm, and collected

We've been taking lightweight umbrellas with us on Caminos and other walks since 2016. Case in point this day on our recent Chemin du Piemont - the rain was not heavy but consistent. We didn’t need or want our rain jackets (the weather was so humid) so our petits parapluies were perfect.

We don’t use them often but they come in handy and worth the small extra weight. But a glamourous look - that would be a no!

Attachments

• 1653777737320.png
    1653777737320.png
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 311
A selection of Camino Jewellery
So, I have a question for those of you who hold their umbrellas. Does it stop the endema/swelling in the hands? A lot of members say one of the reasons they walk with poles is to prevent their hands from swelling. If you walk holding the umbrella you're not using poles. Does it work for both hands or only the holding hand?

So, I have a question for those of you who hold their umbrellas. Does it stop the endema/swelling in the hands? A lot of members say one of the reasons they walk with poles is to prevent their hands from swelling. If you walk holding the umbrella you're not using poles. Does it work for both hands or only the holding hand?
Good question. I usually walk with poles - even on the flat - I like the rhythm and it avoids the hand swelling.

I've rarely had to walk with the umbrella for many hours on end or an entire day - an exception was the last two days of our recent Chemin du Piemont when it rained all day. On those days I didn't use my poles at all, although I could have.

I have walked with umbrella in one hand and pole in the other, when I've felt I needed the pole for stability. And a few times in very heavy rain and tricky terrain I was able to tuck the arm of my umbrella into backpack chest strap and descend using both poles.

I know many people like ponchos. I used to wear a poncho but I prefer the umbrella. It keeps my face and upper body dry in a way that I could never manage with the poncho. Water always found its way down my face and into the neck area. In heavy or consistent rain, the pack cover, rain jacket and umbrella work well.

It might sound cumbersome but it works for me.

PS I've also occasionally used the umbrella for shade - and was grateful to have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I always take a small collapsible umbrella. I find umbrellas better than a hood as hoods and some hats make it difficult to hear, plus I have big hair and my hair has its own mind and doesn’t take to hats.
I use a Fulton Aerolite2 86 grams https://www.fultonumbrellas.ca/product/aerolite-2/ and use it more for sun than rain. I don’t do well in heat so even though I walk in spring or early fall I end up using it. I have rigged up an imperfect system to make it hands free but will be trying out using a camelback swivelling hose clip to attach it to a backpack strap, along with tying the umbrella cover lower down the strap to hold the umbrella handle. I saw this somewhere on the web and it looked workable.
Buen camino

I wouldn't walk 'holding' an umbrella. Only hands free. I use poles as well.
Holding an umbrella for hour after hour would be tiresome and unnecessary in my view.

I use a combo of poncho & umbrella for rain. As yet no-one has invented windscreen wipers to aid us wearers of glasses so this method works best for me. I've never found holding the umbrella to be an issue..a bit of hand swapping all that is required. The main atagonist being wind.
My favourite umbrella is transparent giving protection without impeding vision. Completely useless for sun of course but thats an application I've never tried anyway. Any chance of a photo @FRM?
👣🌏

I kind of tuck my umbrella in using the chest strap so I don't hold it all the time. But in the heat my hands do swell so often I tuck thumb in behind shoulder straps so to raise my hands above heart, which is actually often at the point the uv umbrella is out in use too, which allows to adjust its balanace. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I don't have any photos of umbrella in use whether in rain or heat, but the uv coated one goes on summer pilgrimage and a cheap folded one goes in other seasons on the camino. Very definitely part of my camino pack

It's not hard to 'MacGyver' a hands free Umbrella. Just tuck the handle behind the sternum strap, and use a couple of elastic ties to hold it to the shoulder strap. (We have since bought clips made for the purpose)

We rarely (almost never) use them in rain as we have good rain pants/jackets.
Their BIG use is in sun protection.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I use a combo of poncho & umbrella for rain. As yet no-one has invented windscreen wipers to aid us wearers of glasses so this method works best for me. I've never found holding the umbrella to be an issue..a bit of hand swapping all that is required. The main atagonist being wind.
My favourite umbrella is transparent giving protection without impeding vision. Completely useless for sun of course but thats an application I've never tried anyway. Any chance of a photo @FRM?
👣🌏
1653815852533.png

So I’m in Redondella. The last two days have been hot (90/32+). I usually walk in March so heat hasn’t been an issue. For the Portugues in late May I purchased a Gosamer Gear trekking umbrella. It has made an amazing difference. I think it is giving me an extra 5k a day. I haven’t seen any others with an umbrella. The comments and looks I’ve gotten have all been positive. A couple of folks have even offered to buy it from me. So those of you heading to the Camino this summer ought to consider it. I had no trouble with TSA bringing it in the plane (2 flights) which was a concern. I had the pack mounts but lost them somewhere along the Way, so have just been carrying it.
I am heading out today and will have the same umbrella with me! I am glad to hear that is helpful, can’t wait to try it.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I carry an umbrella -- for parasol and paraqua. Mine is a UV lightweight from Z-packs, which also sells packstrap clips. But use two clips to keeps the umbrella from bouncing around. I see few peregrinos using umbrellas but almost always get approving nods at mine, especially on a hot afternoon. Buen Camino

I've never found holding the umbrella to be an issue..a bit of hand swapping all that is required.
At home, I often walk with an umbrella - it is the best way to keep my glasses clean. I do the hand swapping, and could walk with one pole at the same time.

I have a bit of uncertainty about attaching yet another piece of equipment to mysel. Over the years, a few face plants have caught me by surprise, and I'm glad I didn't have an umbrella involved too.

A carry a small collĺapsible and am keeping an eye out for a rèflectibe obe.

it is very easy to attach your umbrella to the straps of your backpack. I used poles with an umbrella (both for sun and rain) with no difficulty.

Started using this after hiking in Japan where sun avoidance is taken seriously.
Still a rarity on the Camino such that I was stopped when approaching Castrojeriz a few years back whilst using it. The pilgrim asked to take a photo which was a first for me.

Attachments

• 20210615_171757.jpg
    20210615_171757.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 195
So long as the people behind you follow the yellow arrow what does it matter what you look like?

1653842387550.png

Also, I believe, on the road into Castrojeriz!

Last edited:
I wouldn't walk 'holding' an umbrella. Only hands free. I use poles as well.
Holding an umbrella for hour after hour would be tiresome and unnecessary in my view.
The hands-free Euroschirm umbrella with silver top [sold by Ivar] works a treat ... and avoids that problem of having to carry it for hours ...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I carry an umbrella -- for parasol and paraqua.
Aren't words wonderful? I love etymology & thanks to @JerryStroebele's contribution, I've now looked at another example I hadn't considered before; 'parasol' = for sun. ⛱
'Paraqua' is a tad suspect but then again,
'para-la-lluvia' would be a bit of a mouthful! ☔
😆
Happy trails...& weather protection in whatever form.
👣 🌏

I've had a Euroschirm trekking umbrella for years that I've used on several long trails including the Norte in 2019. It's served me in sun and rain and sleet and even in the occasional snow. I studied the pack lashing system and discovered they are easily made from two pieces of Paracord and two cord toggles. I use mine exclusively handsfree do allow continued use of my trekking poles as desired. In a cold rain or in a hot sun the umbrella makes all the difference.

there are ways to attach the umbrella to your backpack.
including with the clips that the Euroschirm hands-free umbrellas ship with ... the fabulous and inexpensive hands-free umbrella clamp set from Gossamer Gear and the Gossamer Gear bungee attachment for even greater surety with your trekking umbrella under sun or rain ☔

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There was an Irish pilot on the Camino Frances a year ago whose umbrella elevated him to the illustrious status of "Camino Legend" .... ie a pilgrim so much talked about that those who haven't met them hope they will and are delighted when they do. I was lucky to meet him in a cafe and discover that he had a huge store of stories and an amazing capacity for red wine ... Unforgettable. So get an umbrella and you too could become a CL 😎

Hi Rick, I use Velcro strips and fix the brolly handle to my chest straps so I can still use my poles. Hands free. I can take my hat off and it feels so much cooler.

I’m another fan of the sun - and rain - umbrella. The hands-free Euroshirm umbrella was an absolute godsend a couple of weeks back on the VDLP in scorching heat. I took my hat off and let the air under the shade of the umbrella cool my sweat-soaked head.

Here’s a selfie -

82C60F8F-5009-4ABE-8FB7-45D62B7E548B.jpeg

Cheers from Laza on the Sanabres -

Jenny

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am still curious if anyone has done a face plant with umbrella and back pack (I know that many of us have experienced those out-of-nowhere embarrassments.)

I am still curious if anyone has done a face plant with umbrella and back pack (I know that many of us have experienced those out-of-nowhere embarrassments.)

Never managed a faceplant period, sorry.
Not sure an Umbrella would matter, they are not that strong and would just buckle.

I never used an umbrella on my previous camino's, but my husband convinced me to give it a try this year. We will use velcro in combination with the hands free straps that came with the ultra light umbrella's. I too absolutely need my hiking poles. For balance and also (like someone else mentioned) to keep my hands not down all day. Time will tell if the umbrella is a keeper :) Off to Pamplona June 4th .

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I never used an umbrella on my previous camino's, but my husband convinced me to give it a try this year. We will use velcro in combination with the hands free straps that came with the ultra light umbrella's. I too absolutely need my hiking poles. For balance and also (like someone else mentioned) to keep my hands not down all day. Time will tell if the umbrella is a keeper :) Off to Pamplona June 4th .

First hot day. It will be :)
Cool breeze through the hair, your own mobile shade tree..........

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A further benefit, at least on the Frances, is the parasol reduces the need to apply sun cream.

It also reduces your need to carry water.
Apart from being a lot more comfortable with an umbrella, I easily save it's weight in reduced water needs.

On my first Camino I 'baked'. I tried wrapping things around my head, tried to find a Shemagh to buy....
And that was even wearing a wide brimmed hat with a neck flap!

My Umbrella is probably my #3 piece of gear behind footwear and pack.
I would give up anything else before my 'Brolly' :)

1653918972256.png

I use the 6 moon umbrellas. I have 2. A large one for home and a small one for travel. The travel one is about 8 inches it weights about 6 oz. I brought it with me and used it a few times but it does not like wind. I use the gossamer umbrella clips they work great.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It also reduces your need to carry water.
Apart from being a lot more comfortable with an umbrella, I easily save it's weight in reduced water needs.

On my first Camino I 'baked'. I tried wrapping things around my head, tried to find a Shemagh to buy....
And that was even wearing a wide brimmed hat with a neck flap!

My Umbrella is probably my #3 piece of gear behind footwear and pack.
I would give up anything else before my 'Brolly' :)

View attachment 126648
Has the rice cooker been demoted to #4 now?

It will never happen - the umbrella will act like a "drogue parachute"?

"What is the purpose of a drogue parachute?" I hear you ask.

Similar in function to a deceleration parachute, the main role of the hiking umbrella/drogue chute is to stabilize the pilgrim's fall as they tumble to the ground. It lowers the pilgrim's air speed (similar to a deceleration parachute lowering an aircraft's speed) so the pilgrim does not suffer a loss of dignity nor incur facial damage caused by a "face plant"

At least that's basically what Wikipedia said - I may have paraphrased a little bit. Best not find out really.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A face plant with brolly, no...but I have collected a low hanging trunk (too thick to be considered a mere branch) without it.

It was pre poncho-brolly-combo days, raining steadily so I had my rainjacket hood pulled down low (to shield glasses AMAP). Eyes down, I did not see it coming but boy, I felt it's blow (I know I've plagiarized that from somewhere...🤔) Results?...bleeding gash to the head, a black eye, resolve to find a new method for rain &....arise the transparent brolly!
No further incidents. 😇 😄
👣 🌏

A face plant with brolly, no...but I have collected a low hanging trunk (too thick to be considered a mere branch) without it.

It was pre poncho-brolly-combo days, raining steadily so I had my rainjacket hood pulled down low (to shield glasses AMAP). Eyes down, I did not see it coming but boy, I felt it's blow (I know I've plagiarized that from somewhere...🤔) Results?...bleeding gash to the head, a black eye, resolve to find a new method for rain &....arise the transparent brolly!
No further incidents. 😇 😄
👣 🌏
I have my umbrella slightly tipped backwards in my arrangement so to have a decent enough view, but it is definitely a better range of vision than with hood up trying to see through wet glasses (which isn't great).

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Real men don’t do face plants. We fall backwards and land on our packs/butts. Or at least I do. Think an umbrella would be the anti-drogue. Hate it when that happens and I resemble an overturned turtle!

I always bring mine. It was a great investment

€46,-
Gear Review! I brought the tiny, but mighty, Montbell Travel Umbrella, as recommended by someone on the Forum. 3 oz. $59. May be the ultimate piece of gear I've bought. Ever. Held up on the Via Podiensis in the first week of May with horizontal rain, sleet and tiny hail balls. Held up the second week of May during searing heat. Small enough when folded to fit in my rain jacket pocket. Cons? Ribs have to be manually extended/retracted bit that takes a nanosecond. Handle is short so I haven't tried attaching it to the backpack and just held it. Pros? Tiny, ultralight, didn't collapse in some pretty heavy wind, as long as I pointed it upwind. It's going on every single future trip! https://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?cat_id=14073&p_id=1128552

Gear Review! I brought the tiny, but mighty, Montbell Travel Umbrella, as recommended by someone on the Forum. 3 oz. $59. May be the ultimate piece of gear I've bought. Ever. Held up on the Via Podiensis in the first week of May with horizontal rain, sleet and tiny hail balls. Held up the second week of May during searing heat. Small enough when folded to fit in my rain jacket pocket. Cons? Ribs have to be manually extended/retracted bit that takes a nanosecond. Handle is short so I haven't tried attaching it to the backpack and just held it. Pros? Tiny, ultralight, didn't collapse in some pretty heavy wind, as long as I pointed it upwind. It's going on every single future trip! https://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?cat_id=14073&p_id=1128552
Almost sold me but I’d want it a teachable. !!!

EDIT (((((This should be ‘attachable ‘. The word changed after I entered but I hadn’t noticed)))))
🤪.

I like to hold 2 walking poles. I don’t want to hold an umbrella. It sounds perfect otherwise. Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
How did you lose it??
Set it down while I was walking around Caldas de Rais. It was sprinkling on and off and I carried it around wherever I went. Didn’t notice until the morning. I now realize one never truly owns an umbrella, you are only renting it. Currently in Muxia where the sun is shining. Thanks for asking.

I have a cheap uv umbrella which in summer months definitely aids walking further in greater comfort under the hot sun. It's not as classy as those proper trekking type ones but until I tried it I didn't want to spend significant money, but it's been with me several summer outings and it's still going strong. And doubles as an umbrella in case of rain too!
Yes, I am totally in love with Gosmer hiking umbrella, and never walked without it. It is versatile, protects me against the sun and the rain. When I and my daughter walked with it, people called us "the Umbrellas". Now Gosmer has a "hand-free set", it has a little hook and code to attach it to your backpack so your hands can do other important things such as drinking water and taking photos. Sometimes, little children, or even a few adults walked up to me and asked why I was using it when it's nor raining. It weights less than 7 oz, but mighty protective against the sun.1654373387635.png1654373387635.png

Based on this post, I went out and got myself a super lightweight UV umbrella. I’ll be all set for the coastal route in 3 weeks. Thank you for posting!

I’m another fan of the sun - and rain - umbrella. The hands-free Euroshirm umbrella was an absolute godsend a couple of weeks back on the VDLP in scorching heat. I took my hat off and let the air under the shade of the umbrella cool my sweat-soaked head.

Here’s a selfie -

View attachment 126645

Cheers from Laza on the Sanabres -

Jenny
Lookin good Jenny. Happy trails. Buen camino ❤️

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Almost sold me but I’d want it a teachable. I like to hold 2 walking poles. I don’t want to hold an umbrella. It sounds perfect otherwise. Thanks for the feedback!
🤔 Hmm...a 'teachable' umbrella...my my, everything is AI hi-tech these days!
Oh... 🤦‍♀️ 'attachable' perhaps?! 😄
Thanks for the brain teaser Annie! 🤗
👣 🌏

I bought a gossamer gear umbrella but haven't used it yet. It came with a gizmo to put on my pack that will hold my umbrella so I have my hands free.

kate

€46,-
How do you attach it to your backpack? You don’t hold it do you?

EDIT (((((This should be ‘attachable ‘. The word changed after I entered but I hadn’t noticed)))))
🤪.

I like to hold 2 walking poles. I don’t want to hold an umbrella. It sounds perfect otherwise. Thanks for the feedback!
of course! I also like [and need] to use 2 hiking poles ... there are lots of different ways of attaching your umbrella to the straps of your backpack and several companies have inexpensive solutions [e.g. Gossamer Gear, Zpacks] quite aside from those backyard methods mentioned in some threads ... in the past I have found some helpful Utube videos but I think you can find some good ideas right here in the forum 🙏

How do you attach it to your backpack? You don’t hold it do you?
depending on the brand of hiking / trekking umbrella that you choose [the Euroschirm Telescope hands-free comes with attachment clips] there are several excellent and inexpensive solutions for attaching to your backpack, notably those manufactured by Gossamer Gear and Zpacks ...

if not to your liking then there are multiple backyard solutions, most of which have been discussed here on Ivar’s Forum, including above ... «easily made from two pieces of Paracord and two cord toggles» ... and other discussion threads dating back 5 or more years 🙏

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The Lightrek Hiking umbrella? I've been eying that.

That's a very interesting perspective! It applies to many things, but umbrellas are a particularly good example. I will ponder this matter, this evening.🙃
The Lightrek Hiking umbrella? I've been eying that.
I had the Gossamer Gear, but there are many similar. In my case price is a factor since apparently I lose them after a week or so.

Yes. They have a kit with two straps. It seemed to work. It was an additional $5 I think. Though I mostly just stuck it thru the sternum strap and rested it on my shoulder. Though I didn’t have any significant wind which would have required their kit.

I have been reading this thread with much interest - it sounds amazing to always walk in the shade and also solve that whole crispy ears situation that I had 5 years ago.
I was looking for a European site that sells the Gossamer gear one and found this:
Can someone tell me whether this one also comes with the attachment thingie for the backpack? On the original Gossamer site this was an extra option, but on this site it is not, so now I'm not sure if I'm getting the full package :)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

🤪.

When I use an umbrella, I just put both poles in the other hand. It's not usually an all day thing so works okay! And 3 ounces. Can't beat that!

I have been reading this thread with much interest - it sounds amazing to always walk in the shade and also solve that whole crispy ears situation that I had 5 years ago.
I was looking for a European site that sells the Gossamer gear one and found this:
Can someone tell me whether this one also comes with the attachment thingie for the backpack? On the original Gossamer site this was an extra option, but on this site it is not, so now I'm not sure if I'm getting the full package :)
Before Gossamer came up with the attaching-kit, I used to put the bottom handle into one of the backpack pockets (where people usually put their water bottle) on the lower part, and strapped the main frame with any backpack cords (or any elastic code) that were hanging around but not doing anything particular. I trust that everyone will somehow figure out a way to do it so your hands will be free for hiking poles, snacks, or waving at your fellow pilgrims. By the way, be careful when it is very windy. I almost flew into the ocean, like Mary Poppins flying but just not that gracefully, while walking near Getaria on Norte (remember that really long sidewalk along the sea?). When it's windy, you can fold it, make it sort of like a tall-tringle hat.

€83,-
Seems like you can buy one on the camino if you want. Maybe not?
When I was in Lisbon in April 2019, it rained the first day. I "lost" my cheapie umbrella (left it somewhere), but no worries as there were quite a few street venders selling inexpensive umbrellas for €5 and I had my pick of atttractive patterns as I buy them on the "installment plan" like sunglasses.🙂
Ironically I have never noticed the venders in Spain, but possibly I overlooked since I had no need of a purchase.

My husband spent a month in Santiago one year (November) and was told by has Spanish language teachers that an umbrella is 'necessary' and their advice was solid. He used his umbrella brought from home almost every day so there have to be vendors at least in Galicia?

🤪.

You don't need to hold it....
They can be hands free.......

€60,-
I actually feel very comfortable holding my umbrella as I had more options to move around if needed. In addition, most of the time I only use one of my hiking poles as I prefer to have one hand relatively free, especially as I take oodles of pictures.

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.