A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Medallion from Pilgrim’s Office in St. Jean

Joe C

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (2019)
My daughter and I walked the Camino this past summer. When we began in St. Jean, we were given little slips of paper explaining how to get a commemorative medallion from the Pilgrim’s Office for a modest fee. We of course lost the slips of paper.

Anyone have the instructions? Thanks.

happymarkos

HappyMark
Camino(s) past & future
2013 CF
2014 Le Puy-St Jean. 2014&16 Volunteer St JP
2016 Portuguese
2017 Porto-Santiago
My daughter and I walked the Camino this past summer. When we began in St. Jean, we were given little slips of paper explaining how to get a commemorative medallion from the Pilgrim’s Office for a modest fee. We of course lost the slips of paper.

Hi Joe
haven't heard of this medallion at all. The Pilgrims Office did not have such a thing when I last volunteered there.
What was the medallion commemorating?
Seasons Greetings
Mark

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/

You mean the pilgrims office in Saint Jean - correct?

You might want to contact them directly: https://stjeanpieddeport-roncevaux.jimdo.com/english/pilgrims-office/

And here another link: http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org/actu.../la-medaille-st-jean-pied-de-port-compostelle

BC SY

D

Deleted member 67185

From the link SYates posted above:

THE ST JEAN FOOT MEDAL OF PORT-COMPOSTELLE

Soon a novelty at the reception of St. Jean Pied de Port: each pilgrim who will leave to complete all Camino Navarrese and Camino Frances will be offered to receive back in his home a COMMEMORATIVE MEDALLION of the 780 km of his journey.

K Turner

Camino(s) past & future
August-October 2019 CF

Soon a novelty at the reception of St. Jean Pied de Port: each pilgrim who will leave to complete all Camino Navarrese and Camino Frances will be offered to receive back in his home a COMMEMORATIVE MEDALLION of the 780 km of his journey.
That's great! I'd love a challenge coin like that. We were at the Pilgrim Office in mid-September and didn't see any of these.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)

I wonder why the actual medallion says 880 km??

Kathar1na

Camino(s) past & future
To Santiago and beyond (from home; Voie de Tours; Camino Francés; Biskaya; Manche; Via Brabantica)
I wonder why the actual medallion says 880 km??
It was a mistake, and if I remember correctly from a discussion on their FB page this photo shows just an initial design, not one of the real medallions with the correct distance.

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017

Would you mind expanding on tis please as more information would be helpfu.

D

Deleted member 67185

Would you mind expanding on tis please as more information would be helpfu.
I wish I could help. I just copied the information and pasted it into my post. I have no specifics at all other than what the information contains. Sorry :)

Kathar1na

Camino(s) past & future
To Santiago and beyond (from home; Voie de Tours; Camino Francés; Biskaya; Manche; Via Brabantica)
more information would be helpful
When they announced this last year they said that you had to send a copy of the first three stamps and the last three stamps in the credential plus 10€ to: Amis du Chemin de St Jacques, 39 rue de la Citadelle, F-64220 Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port.

I would suggest that you contact @Monasp by private conversation. She is a member of this forum and the manager of the Pilgrim Office in SJPP.

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
When they announced this last year they said that you had to send a copy of the first three stamps and the last three stamps in the credential plus 10€ to: Amis du Chemin de St Jacques, 39 rue de la Citadelle, F-64220 Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port.

I would suggest that you contact @Monasp by private conversation. She is a member of this forum and the manager of the Pilgrim Office in SJPP.
Thank you KatharIna.

Bill905

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2019)

Although I don't have the sheet of instructions any longer, I did send for and receive the medallion. From what I remember, you must photocopy the first page of your Credencial, and the last page, and I think also a scan of your compostela. Send that along with either $10 US; $10 Cdn; or 10 Euros (cash only) to the address provided on the instructions, and I was pleasantly suprised to receive my medallion along with a small certificate (a little creased due to mail handling) within a couple of weeks, and I am in Canada. Please see the photos and you will also note the 780 Kms indicated on the medallion. However, on the certificate, it indicates 880 Km - probably because they were produced from the earlier sample.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kathar1na

Camino(s) past & future
I did send for and receive the medallion.
Thank you for posting this information and the photos. It amuses me a bit that the list of major towns along the Camino Frances, as shown on the back of the medallion, contains a place called Pampelune which is the French name for the Spanish town of Pamplona. ☺

Last edited:

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock