• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Media request

DowtyCamino

Time of past OR future Camino
May-Jn2014
May-Jn 2017
VF Jl-O 2021
Mar-My 2023
In 2017 between Espinal and Zabaldiki we walked along a section of the Camino where the path falls away steeply to the right. Ahead we heard a woman crying out for help. We ran to see what was going on an found the woman about 15ft down the side of the mountain with her crashed bike laying on top of her.
She spoke no English, but with our rudimentary Spanish I was able to understand her husband was ahead and unaware that she'd been in an accident. I ran ahead to find try and find him and my wife, sister and brother in law helped the woman. In the end everyone was ok and the couple was reunited.
I want to tell this story as part of our Camino experience, but clearly we didn't stop to take pictures.
I'm looking for recommendations for images.
I could use general pictures of steep embankments, or bicycles, but was wondering if some creative mind out there had a better suggestion.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
This might also work if Google's StreetView cameras visited the spot where the accident happened. Go to https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php and go to Menu and select Search. Enter a location near the accident (say Espinal, Spain.) Drag the stickman at the upper left onto the map over the spot you are interested in without letting go. The routes that Google has pictures for are highlighted. With luck the Camino might be highlighted and if so then release the mouse button. Now you are at StreetView and you can use its navigational widgets and mouse drags with the button down to travel the camino or do a 360 degree look around. Use a screen capture to grab a picture. Good luck; I didn't see much of the camino captured by Google.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Thanks....I think I've narrowed it to just before Irotz. But the question remains...what to do about images to illustrate the story? It's a bit of a nondescript location.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back