• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Medical help in Leon

Carolyn G

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2018
May 2019
(Future - CP September 2020)
Does anyone know if there is a Centro Medico near the Cathedral in Leon? My husband has developed a knee problem and wants to see a doctor before continuing. Thank you!
Buen Camino, everyone.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Does anyone know if there is a Centro Medico near the Cathedral in Leon? My husband has developed a knee problem and wants to see a doctor before continuing. Thank you!
Buen Camino, everyone.
Sorry to learn of his problem
Ask your host where you are staying for help and suggestions. Here is one which is centrally located.

Check out this earlier thread for current tips.

Last edited:
Buen Camino, everyone.
We were there 2 weeks ago and had to go here for blister treatment. We asked at the information centre and was told there wasn't anywhere near the cathedral anymore! Best wishes.
International Department
Leon
Hospital Hm San Francisco and Hospital Hm Regla

To schedule an appointment or administartion management: Monday to Friday from 10:00am- 7:00pm

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Buen Camino, everyone.
If you go to Santo Domingo square, just at the entrance to the the pedestrian way to the Cathedral,there are regular buses to the Hospital, then go to Urgencias and ask for help

We were there 2 weeks ago and had to go here for blister treatment. We asked at the information centre and was told there wasn't anywhere near the cathedral anymore! Best wishes.
International Department
Leon
Hospital Hm San Francisco and Hospital Hm Regla

To schedule an appointment or administartion management: Monday to Friday from 10:00am- 7:00pm

I went to the Hospital Hm San Francisco and was referred to the Hm Regla Hospital Urgencia center-- they even reimbursed the taxi fare! It is somewhere behind the Cathedral in one of those ancient stone buildings. Their International department is wonderful.

Take note that the hoteleros/ receptionists don’t know where all the medical centers actually are. We went to the Urgent Care at HM Regla right by the Cathedral. The doctor spoke English & there’s a translator on hand if you need one. The first question was, “do you have travel insurance?” so I suggest buying it before you leave. This location treats many pilgrims - especially for blister issues.
Thanks for sharing your good information! Buen Camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hey there! I wanted to chat about my experience on the 2017 Camino Frances. I'm pretty average physically, maybe a tad overweight, did some training (could've done more), and could've lightened my...
We are leaving to do the whole Camino Frances in a week. I have two corns on my right foot that are becoming very painful - I have had them for years with little issue but over the last month with...
I’ve been trying to decide on a fitness regime in preparation for the Camino, but upon reviewing this board, YouTube, etc, there’s an overwhelming array of suggestions and programs, but I’m less...
I am a CPAP user, and would need to bring my machine as I need it at night during the Camino. I have a regular size Resmed (without the water chamber). My plan is - to pack it in the CPAP...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.