Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Medical - where to get ice?

Book your train ticket here

mwendt

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese
Wondering what is the availability of ice to treat any sore muscles, aches, sprains, etc. Thank you

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Creative Credencial Workshop
A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Try a supermarket. Some have bags of ice in the freezer.
If no ice for sale in the freezer a bag of frozen peas will do.

Also in sports stores or
any pharmacy you can buy a cold pack of prepared chemical elements which gives you instant cold without ice. See this page of French examples from Decathlon.

Last edited:

amancio

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, Norte, Primit, Salvador, Portug, Arag, Ingles, VdlP, Leban-Vadin, Fisterra, Invierno, LePuy
And, finally, on any petrol station they should sell whole bags of it!
You can buy a gel pack that you can keep in a freezer for one or two hours and reuse time after time (however, AVOID direct contact with the skin, it is a good idea to wrap the frozen componentes in some cloth)

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
And, finally, on any petrol station they should sell whole bags of it!
You can buy a gel pack that you can keep in a freezer for one or two hours and reuse time after time (however, AVOID direct contact with the skin, it is a good idea to wrap the frozen componentes in some cloth)

Absolutely! Use an extra cloth for protection. I fell asleep with a cold pack directly on my knee. Result : a horrid coldblister!

Reidun Fyno

I'm a beliver :-)
Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014)
Camino de Assisi (2015)
Camino Frances from Villafranca del Bierzo (2017)
Wondering what is the availability of ice to treat any sore muscles, aches, sprains, etc. Thank you
Once we got some ice asking a restorant ...

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

makingtrax

Past OR future Camino
El norte2010
Portuguese 2014
Primativo 2016
Frances sept 2017!
I bought frozen peas from market when tore my ligaments 4 weeks ago. 20 minutes on foot then back in freezer. After 2 weeks of daily treatment several times a day I then devoured the peas! Better than melted ice.

ktchnofdngr

Past OR future Camino
September '13, June '16, July '21, And July '22
A friend of mine would get an ice cream—put it on your ache, then eat it! Also, my last Camino, I brought one of those reusable ice bags—when I asked for ice and showed them my ice bag, every cafe I asked at was super helpful.

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads