• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Medicine

elvee123

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk the Camino in September 2018
Hi guys,

I am doing the Camino frances and I am 4 days in, currently resting in Pamplona until Monday. I really have a bad cold, but luckily no fever yet. I have tried to explain to the pharmasist what I need but I have no spanish so end up with something that doesn’t work. I have a heavy cough, sore throat and runny nose. Can anyone recommend any spanish brand medicine for those symptoms? And something to boost my immune system! I’m desperate!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi guys,

I am doing the Camino frances and I am 4 days in, currently resting in Pamplona until Monday. I really have a bad cold, but luckily no fever yet. I have tried to explain to the pharmasist what I need but I have no spanish so end up with something that doesn’t work. I have a heavy cough, sore throat and runny nose. Can anyone recommend any spanish brand medicine for those symptoms? And something to boost my immune system! I’m desperate!

Hi Elvee
No doubt you are feeling poorly..

For runny nose ., sounds like you need an antihistamine::: Ask for ‘antihistamínico’ in Spanish.

Rest and maybe aspirin may help together with some ‘chicken soup ?’ and fluids.

I just did a wee search on ‘this forum’ for previously recommended treatments available from Spanish farmacias and found :
FLUMUCIL. recommended as working well for the throat.
Others recommended whisky and honey !!

@Waka s note about language translate app on your phone would be a bonus too.

Spanish for ‘I have a sore throat’ is
...tengo dolor de garganta

I hope you can make yourself understood

Buen camino
Annie

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Rest, fruits vegetables, lite foods lots of liquids stay away from milk products. Is it a cold or could it be allergies? Gargle frequently with salt and warm water. If you run a fever see a doctor...otherwise it needs to run its course for a few days.

Last edited:
I was given an expectorant for the cough - rather than a bottle, it was a box of individual packets for dosage. Worked great for the camino cold. I recommend you try a different pharmacia. It was very rare that they did not speak at least some english.

Most read last week in this forum

Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back