• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Meet Me in the Alps: Tour du Mont Blanc

Hank

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (May - June 2015)
I know some of you enjoyed my Camino video, and I recently walked the Tour du Mont Blanc, which is also a fantastic walking adventure. It's not as long as the Camino, but the hiking is significantly more challenging, and the views are amazing and it also has a social aspect like the Camino. If you're interested in learning more, check out my new video!

-Hank

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I’ll check this out tonight. I’m off to do the TMB in August after warming up on the Norte. Very timely. Thank you, Hank.

I’ll check this out tonight. I’m off to do the TMB in August after warming up on the Norte. Very timely. Thank you, Hank.

So cool, it sounds like you have a perfect summer planned! I hope you enjoyed the TMB video. Can't wait to hear how your trips went!
-Hank

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I just watched it last night. Thank you for sharing. I'm now crossing this off my bucket list as it looks (at least your version) well beyond my level. But what an amazing adventure!

I’ll watch it tonight. This is one of 2 options for our vacation next year. The other being a multi day backpacking trip through the Picos de Europa.

I just watched it last night. Thank you for sharing. I'm now crossing this off my bucket list as it looks (at least your version) well beyond my level. But what an amazing adventure!

Hi Jane! Glad you liked it! Yeah, the TMB is more physically challenging than the Camino (at least on a day-by-day basis) but don't be discouraged. The Robert Blanc and Fernete d'Arpette routes we took are the hardest parts of the TMB, but you can easily avoid them by taking the primary TMB route, which is significantly less challenging.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I’ll watch it tonight. This is one of 2 options for our vacation next year. The other being a multi day backpacking trip through the Picos de Europa.

I've never looked into the Picos de Europa. Good suggestion -- I'll check it out! The scenery on the TMB is incredible but it looks like the Picos de Europa views are amazing also.
-Hank

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.