• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Meetings pilgrims in Sydney

phillipelwin

Hi. I'm still wonderfully energized by the Camino Frances experience I did March-April 2012 from Roncesvalles to Santiago. I'm 68, but with plenty of training beforehand, I was able to complete the pilgrimage in a regulation 33 days. Perhaps doing the Camino in early spring made the pilgrimage much easier - it was cool and bracing most of the time. I am keen to meet up in Sydney with other pilgrims. Buen Camino in everyday life in Oz!

Phil

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I'm happy to meet up - are there many meetings/pilgrims in Sydney?

Hutton24 said:
I'm happy to meet up - are there many meetings/pilgrims in Sydney?
The pilgrim meetings are held once a month at the Spanish Club in Liverpool Street. The odd months are the first Wednesday at 7.00pm for dinner and the even months are the first Saturday at noon for snack/drink/coffee.

Our next meeting is this Wednesday, 2 January at 7.00pm. Further dates can be found on the Confraternity of St James website:
http://www.csj.org.uk/australia.htm

The meetings are very informal. Some come simply to enjoy the company of fellow pilgrims, others to collect information for their first pilgrimage or to find out about a different route from the one they've already walked, still others wish to debrief after going on pilgrimage. Whatever the reason, everyone is welcome.

I look forward to meeting you at some stage,
Julie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Julie, thanks for replying so quickly. I'll do my best to get there this Wednesday. Look forward to meeting you.

Kate :D

The next Sydney meeting is at noon this Saturday, 2 February at the Spanish Club in Liverpool Street.

It's an informal gathering and there's no need to register. Members have walked a number of different routes so come along if you're interested in collecting information or want to chat about your previous or forthcoming pilgrimage.

Dates for following meetings can be found at http://www.csj.org.uk/australia.htm

julie said:
The next Sydney meeting is at noon this Saturday, 2 February at the Spanish Club in Liverpool Street.

I am planning on being there and looking forward to meeting others and asking many, many questions - first one may be 'am I nuts to be planning to walk across Spain?' ! Mary

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
fallow said:
I am planning on being there and looking forward to meeting others and asking many, many questions - first one may be 'am I nuts to be planning to walk across Spain?' ! Mary
Can answer that one right now - definitely not! I've turned into a serial offender but perhaps that just means that I'm more "nuts" than you are.

Our next meeting is this coming Wednesday, 6 March at the Spanish Club in Liverpool Street.

This meeting is a dinner one. Meet downstairs some time before 7pm which is when we'll head upstairs to the dining room.

No need to register.

Our next meeting is at noon this Saturday (6 April). Venue is the Spanish Club in Liverpool Street, Sydney.

We usually have a balanced mix of new people seeking information and those who have already completed a pilgrimage (or two, or three, or ...)

Meetings are informal and there's no need to register. Simply turn up and enjoy meeting with like-minded people.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
This is a very late reminder that Wednesday 1 May we will be having a dinner meeting at the Spanish Club, Liverpool Street, Sydney. Meet downstairs any time after 6.00pm, dinner upstairs from 7.00pm.

Bring your questions and/or your pilgrim experiences. As usual, there's no need to register and partners/friends are welcome.

For the benefit of those who don't know the system, we have monthly pilgrim meetings at the Spanish Club, Liverpool Street, Sydney.

The next meeting is at noon next Saturday (1 June).

The meeting is an informal one and there is no membership requirement. Talking Camino is a lovely way to spend a couple of hours and your non-pilgrim partners/friends/support group/people who think you're crazy are also welcome.

Due to the closure of the Spanish Club, our meetings will be held at the Sir John Young Hotel on the corner of George and Liverpool Streets.

The next meeting is Wednesday 3 July. Dinner is 7.00pm at La Tapa Guapa, Spanish restaurant on the ground floor, Liverpool Street side of the hotel directly opposite the Spanish Club.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello,

I just registered in this forum. I am planning to walk the camino from Seville with a travel companion in mid-April 2014. Would love to meet any pilgrims that have completed the walk or who is planning to walk in April 2014. :)

Cheers

Lee

Freespirite said:
Hello,

I just registered in this forum. I am planning to walk the camino from Seville with a travel companion in mid-April 2014. Would love to meet any pilgrims that have completed the walk or who is planning to walk in April 2014. :)

Cheers

Lee
Hi Lee, Are you in Sydney? We are an informal group of pilgrims who meet once a month. A couple of our members have walked from Seville.

We have a meeting at noon this Saturday, 3 August. Unfortunately the Spanish Club has closed so our meeting will be across the road at the Sir John Young Hotel on the corner of George and Liverpool Streets.

There is no need to register. Just wander in and have a chat over a beer/wine/coffee/whatever.

Our next meeting is a dinner one 7.00pm Wednesday 4 September in La Tapa Guapa restaurant at the Sir John Young Hotel on the corner of George and Liverpool Streets, Sydney.

We are an informal group. There is no need to join, no need to register just come along and speak Camino with like-minded people.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Our next meeting is at noon on Saturday 5 October. The Spanish Club is not yet open for business so our next meeting will be at the Sir John Young Hotel on the corner of George and Liverpool Streets, Sydney.

Though many of the people who come to our meetings are members of other organisations, our group is informal and we are not affiliated with any others. There is no need to register your interest, simply turn up and spend a lovely afternoon talking over your Camino, helping others prepare for theirs or collecting information for your future pilgrimage.

I did my Camino last year and have now moved to Sydney. I didn't realise that there was a group! Looking forward to meeting everybody on Saturday.

I did my Camino last year and have now moved to Sydney. I didn't realise that there was a group! Looking forward to meeting everybody on Saturday.
We've been meeting once a month for a few years now. There is usually a mix of people who have walked one (or more) of the routes and others who come armed with questions in preparation for their first pilgrimage. We also have some experienced hospitaleros and one who was a volunteer at the Pilgrim Office this year. It's always enjoyable no matter what the mix or how many turn up.

So pleased you'll be able to make it.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We've been meeting once a month for a few years now. There is usually a mix of people who have walked one (or more) of the routes and others who come armed with questions in preparation for their first pilgrimage. We also have some experienced hospitaleros and one who was a volunteer at the Pilgrim Office this year. It's always enjoyable no matter what the mix or how many turn up.

So pleased you'll be able to make it.

Hi Julie,
I missed it (!). And so sorry I won't be able to make the next meeting on November 6th. I hope I will be able to make the December meeting. Best

Last edited:
Hi Amrylin, We're sorry you missed it too! We'll be moving to the Spanish Club's new quarters when they re-open so keep an eye on this thread. I'll post the venue and the date some time in the week before each meeting.

Pilgrims in Sydney are meeting at 7.00pm this Wednesday night (6 November) at La Tapa Guapa restaurant in the Sir John Young Hotel on the corner of George and Liverpool Streets, Sydney.

We are an informal group, there are no membership requirements just a group of people passionate about the Camino. If you're planning a pilgrimage or have already been and want to spend a pleasant evening with like-minded people, come and have dinner with us.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The next meeting of the Pilgrims in Sydney group is at noon this Saturday (7 December). It will again be held at the Sir John Young Hotel on the corner of Liverpool and George Streets, Sydney.

It doesn't matter if you've already been on pilgrimage, whether you're planning to go or whether you're just vaguely toying with the idea, everyone is welcome. There is no need to register, simply turn up ready to speak Camino.

Pilgrims in Sydney will be holding their next gathering at La Tapa Guapa restaurant in the Sir John Young Hotel on the corner of George and Liverpool Streets, Sydney at 7.00pm this coming Wednesday, 1 January. There is no agenda, no need to join, no need to register for dinner. Bring your questions with you or just come along for a pleasant evening of Camino chat.

Hi. I'm still wonderfully energized by the Camino Frances experience I did March-April 2012 from Roncesvalles to Santiago. I'm 68, but with plenty of training beforehand, I was able to complete the pilgrimage in a regulation 33 days. Perhaps doing the Camino in early spring made the pilgrimage much easier - it was cool and bracing most of the time. I am keen to meet up in Sydney with other pilgrims. Buen Camino in everyday life in Oz!

Phil

Hi Phil
There is an enthusiastic group of pilgrims that meet regularly, always with some people planning their camino as well, so it is a great resource for them to be able to talk over a meal to experienced pilgrims. Lunches or dinners at different times and days.

(There is also an Australian section of this forum.)

The contact for Sydney pilgrims: sandra collier*hotmail.com Meetings at Casa Asturiana 77 Liverpool St., Sydney Full Programme and more information on events in Australia. . . go to: Australian Pilgrims page of CSJ . . .. http://www.csj.org.uk/australia.htm

Maggie Ramsay
The Italian Camino (Amazon)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Phil

Are there any Australians walking early March 2014? I'm planning on leaving about 8-9 March from St Jean.

Hi Phil
There is an enthusiastic group of pilgrims that meet regularly, always with some people planning their camino as well, so it is a great resource for them to be able to talk over a meal to experienced pilgrims. Lunches or dinners at different times and days.

(There is also an Australian section of this forum.)

The contact for Sydney pilgrims: sandra collier*hotmail.com Meetings at Casa Asturiana 77 Liverpool St., Sydney Full Programme and more information on events in Australia. . . go to: Australian Pilgrims page of CSJ . . .. http://www.csj.org.uk/australia.htm

Maggie Ramsay
The Italian Camino (Amazon)
We are definitely enthusiastic but I need to draw your attention to some changes to this information. Our meetings are no longer at the Casa Asturiana. The csj page has the dates for 2014 but the information is out-of-date. Updates are coming soon. We don't have any control over when new information is posted which is why I put a reminder notice on the Forum every month. The most up-to-date information can be found on www.pilgrimsinsydney.org our new website which is very basic but at least everyone will know where to find us or how to contact us.

Just so there is no confusion - the next meeting of the pilgrim group in Sydney (Pilgrims in Sydney) is at 7pm this Wednesday, 1 January at the Sir John Young Hotel on the corner of George and Liverpool Streets, Sydney.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back