• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Melbourne Meetup group - Anyone interested?

chilledKat

Time of past OR future Camino
June/July 2014
Hi lovely folks

Am firstly checking in to see if there is a Melbourne chapter, and if not, would there be anyone interested in starting one?

I was thinking of setting it up via meetup.com as that seems to be an easy way to connect people.

That said am happy to do it via this forum as well.

Anyway, if I can get some expressions of interest and if so will look into a venue that is centrally located and we can meet up, share, laugh and share a vino tinto or two.....and when the weather warms up, a gin and tonic :)

Regards

Katrina

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Kat!

I hope all's going really well for you and that your feet are completely healed now.

I found the link to the Melbourne group on the Confraternity of St James website - Australian page. You might be interested to contact them :

Melbourne
We have over 80 people in Melbourne in our email list interested in the Camino (as we call it), meeting monthly for food and wine. A growing number, perhaps over 25 of us, have now walked various routes to Santiago, and others are tempted. Nearly everyone seems to be walking somewhere and eventually the lure of a Camino proves irresistible.
The date and location change each month but is typically in an inner city restaurant on the last Friday of the month.
We are not a formal group in any sense, but a gathering that evolves by word of mouth, with stories and pictures of our personal journeys.
Garis Alexander <garis.alexander*gmail.com> is the contact if others are interested in conversation.

The Melbourne group sounds very similar to our group in Sydney. We meet every month (tonight is the September meeting) and we all have the most amazing time. I'm sure you'll love the Melbourne get-togethers. You'll have to introduce your special 'toast' to the Melbourne mob! (You know the one I mean! ;)).

Another useful link could be the Australian Friends of the Camino - 'might be worthwhile checking them out.

Cheers - Jenny

Hi lovely folks

Am firstly checking in to see if there is a Melbourne chapter, and if not, would there be anyone interested in starting one?

I was thinking of setting it up via meetup.com as that seems to be an easy way to connect people.

That said am happy to do it via this forum as well.

Anyway, if I can get some expressions of interest and if so will look into a venue that is centrally located and we can meet up, share, laugh and share a vino tinto or two.....and when the weather warms up, a gin and tonic :)

Regards

Katrina
There is also a Melbourne Meet Up Group which is organised by Joanne Cashman....She has set it up via Meetup.com. This group has been running for some months now....I'm not sure of any other details but, could find out for you....cheers.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Kat!

I hope all's going really well for you and that your feet are completely healed now.

I found the link to the Melbourne group on the Confraternity of St James website - Australian page. You might be interested to contact them :

Melbourne
We have over 80 people in Melbourne in our email list interested in the Camino (as we call it), meeting monthly for food and wine. A growing number, perhaps over 25 of us, have now walked various routes to Santiago, and others are tempted. Nearly everyone seems to be walking somewhere and eventually the lure of a Camino proves irresistible.
The date and location change each month but is typically in an inner city restaurant on the last Friday of the month.
We are not a formal group in any sense, but a gathering that evolves by word of mouth, with stories and pictures of our personal journeys.
Garis Alexander <garis.alexander*gmail.com> is the contact if others are interested in conversation.

The Melbourne group sounds very similar to our group in Sydney. We meet every month (tonight is the September meeting) and we all have the most amazing time. I'm sure you'll love the Melbourne get-togethers. You'll have to introduce your special 'toast' to the Melbourne mob! (You know the one I mean! ;)).

Another useful link could be the Australian Friends of the Camino - 'might be worthwhile checking them out.

Cheers - Jenny
Hi gorgeous Jenny

Have been laying low trying to focus on getting work. The infection was so bad that I am still recovering. My feet are still so tender and they act up at night. I can actually see the scars from the infection. So a slow recovery process.

Thanks for all the info. Am hoping to come up to Sydney mid October so will keep you posted.
Xo

Hi gorgeous Jenny

Have been laying low trying to focus on getting work. The infection was so bad that I am still recovering. My feet are still so tender and they act up at night. I can actually see the scars from the infection. So a slow recovery process.

Thanks for all the info. Am hoping to come up to Sydney mid October so will keep you posted.
Xo
Hi Kat -
I'm sorry to hear that your feet are still giving you pain. I hope that it won't be too long now before you're back to 100% with them.
It'd be fantastic to see you when you come to Sydney - when you know your dates we can organise a catch-up.
Good luck with the job-hunting.
Cheers, Jenny x

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back