• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Meloxicam availability in Spain

JusWalkin

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés - Sept 2015
Francés - Sept 2016
VDLP - April 2019
Hello all

Has anyone bought Meloxicam, an anti-inflammatory medication, over the counter in Spain?

Thank you

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It is available as a generic drug, made by at least 2 Spanish laboratories. In theory, it should be available OTC.

It is available as a generic drug, made by at least 2 Spanish laboratories. In theory, it should be available OTC.
Thank you - good to know I won't have to bring several weeks worth with me

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you - good to know I won't have to bring several weeks worth with me
this said, I cannot guarantee you this is widely spread over here, it is made by Spanish labs, but I have not been able to check whether it is OTC or with a prescription. You might need some prescription!

Hello all

Has anyone bought Meloxicam, an anti-inflammatory medication, over the counter in Spain?

Thank you
Hola amiga!

my resident chemist just confirmed today that Meloxicam is not available OTC in Spain, and foreign prescriptions are not valid. This said, he also told me he can get the stuff no problem if it is for a friend of mine, but all in all, it is not available over the counter, sorry!

Hola amiga!

my resident chemist just confirmed today that Meloxicam is not available OTC in Spain, and foreign prescriptions are not valid. This said, he also told me he can get the stuff no problem if it is for a friend of mine, but all in all, it is not available over the counter, sorry!
thank you for your fine efforts in tracking down this medication. :)Looks like my luggage will be a few grams heavier!! o_O

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...
Hi my name is Leah and I am starting the Camino Frances on April 10 and will be leaving Australia on April 4. I have just cut my hand and needed stiches which will need to come out when I am in...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.