• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Memorable food on the Levante?

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra '15; Levante-Invierno '19
We need a food thread.
Whether it's that little tiny cafe tucked away in some obscure town that does an amazing breakfast, or a fancy Michelin starred marvel or the best spot to get marzipan closest to the Camino.
Or that speciality you can only get in one place so it is not to be missed.

One of the best things about the Camino is the food.

And if you have any horror stories I want to know where those places are so I can avoid them!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have just posted a new thread (Valencia - Toledo accommodation...) which includes numerous recommendations and warnings as regards restaurants.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I listed my stages and included places to eat after my 2013 Levante. It's in an attachment to this thread: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/my-stages-on-the-levante.19142/

I had a lot of good food, but the only place I remember now that would get into the "foodie" category was Milan I (not II, there are two separate places) in San Clemente. It was very good. Here's what I wrote:

Day 11: La Roda-San Clemente (35). Very nice walk, with a good coffee break town, Minaya, about halfway. Nowhere near traffic of any sort, all ag land. San Clemente is a very pretty little town. We stayed at the Hostal Milan II on the left just as you cross bridge and enter town; good and clean. Very nice owner; she took us all over town to show us the sights and also to show us where the Camino left town. Beautiful plaza mayor. The Milan I, owned by the brother of our hostal’s owners, is further into town and has a restaurant with a really good menu del dia. Had our first “upscale” meal of the walk (first and only place with a balsamic reduction on wafer thin potatoes sauteed in garlic oil). Great lunch for 10 euros, and the tasting menu for 15 was tempting but looked a bit over the top.

I think I remember that you have walked the Sanabrés already, so you probably know about Me Gusta Comer in Rionegro. I've never managed to have a meal there in my three times through, so I will have to remedy that error soon!

I was on another Camino forum where someone was on the Sanabrés and let her know that Rionegro was where I had my best camino meal. Turned out Teo does a really good vegetarian meal as well if required.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back