• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Memorials to pilgrims who died on the Camino

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Since 2007 I have posted a list of pilgrims who died whilst on the Camino. The list is compiled during the year from media reports and posts on this forum, Facebook and so forth. The AMIGOS also keeps a Memorial list which includes well known Camino personalities and pilgrims.

I have posted the dates and names of pilgrims who have died on the Camino during 2016 on my Memorial page. If you know of any others that I have not posted about or have any photographs of memorial plaques or crosses not already on the Memorial page, please share them with me so that I can add them to the page. May all these dear pilgrims RIP.

So come, dear friends, and take your turn.
My ashes lie in funerary urn
Yet still my pilgrim spirits yearn
To fly to Santiago!

Because in time I played my part
And 'El Camino' won my heart,
I wait to join you at the start -
Ultreya Santiago!

Ultreya Santiago' written by Allan Shepherd for the Confraternity of Saint James bulletin [No 72]

http://amawalker.blogspot.co.za/2012/08/memorials-pilgrims-who-died-on-camino.html

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Gosh, that is a comprehensive list, indeed! I remember some of those memorials...

@sillydog - thanks and yes it is a very comprehensive list. One thing that your list does reveal - the dangers of walking along side major roads; or cycling on major roads. A pilgrim needs to keep an eye on all the vehicles on the road - always walk towards the oncoming traffic. A safe Buen Camino to all. Cheers

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Back