• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mens convertible trousers

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CFx2, CPx1
I'm looking for the brand name or supplier of convertible trousers that have a zip pocket, the entry to which is inside the main pocket.
Thanks in anticipation
Gerard

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Haven't seen any & believe me, gerard ,I haunt the outdoor clothing shops,the trousers sound good,I'd certainly buy a pair, I like the idea of a concealed zipped pocket...........:)........Vicrev

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I met an English guy wearing them while we were walking in New Zealand. I think he said he got them in Europe. Italy or France maybe?

Sounds a like France,the French are big on gadgety things , I'm over to France in D ecember,Ill checkout our local outdoor gear shop & any success will let you know..........,:)..........Vicrev

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi Gerard and Lads et al ...
Furthering the discussion on Great Dane's comment ...
'Looks like the Macabi Skirt for Men could be a goer! Their website says their pockets are so roomy they can hold half a kilo of trail mix! With or without the bag I ask myself! If you check out the controversial "Gender Differences on the Camino" thread from a few months back you could have an entertaining meander to the Macabi website but if you want to take a short-cut, google Macabi Skirt for Men and be likewise entertained! The manufacturer's promise is that this skirt for men is a healthy sporting option (read the small print!) that will take you from a 200 mile hike in the Sierra Madre to dinner in Dubrovnik, though they don't mention an Aussie BBQ!
Cheers - Jenny

I'm looking for the brand name or supplier of convertible trousers that have a zip pocket, the entry to which is inside the main pocket.
Thanks in anticipation
Gerard

Mountain Khakis might have what you're looking for, the side cargo pocket has a zippered pocket under the flap and a rear zip pocket and side zip pocket.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
just weighed my Columbia zip-offs 210 g.......very pleased with them,100% omni dry nylon, dry in 10 minutes & have had one hell of a workout,unfortunately no hidden pockets........Vicrev

Vicrev, I've been looking at those too, and wonder: how well do the lower sections remove over boots? Or do you have to de-shoe first?

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
No, pnwPilgrim..The pants split partly up the sides & are held together by velcro, with a press stud down the bottom,they slide over my boots O.K...........................Vicrev

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Rohan UK do several weights of trousers all with internal zip security pockets but don't do any zip offs . At least they didn't, try their site and enquire this url will take you there : http://www.rohan.co.uk

Ps Just taken a look "Trailblazers" very expensive but Rohan bags are worn by many walkers here in the Uk and are renowned for their long life wear, and dry out after a storm within five to ten minutes .

Last edited:
Sierra Trading Post (SierraTradingPost.com) has been a good source of discounted outdoor travel gear. I have a couple pairs of pants as you describe from them.
Also, REI.com another good source.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Rohan bags are worn by many walkers here in the Uk
Thanks, not bad pilgrim, weights ok. Reasonable price too. I've considered sniping off the little zip hand toggle. This would make it much more difficult to access the contents as you'd have to slide the zip across with a fingernail. The contents would then be more secure.

Fishermen prefer zippers to velcro or snaps, so put fishing pants on your search itinerary. Finding an internal zippered pocket may be hard. Fishing pants are almost always quick drying for the obvious reason.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Thanks, not bad pilgrim, weights ok. Reasonable price too. I've considered sniping off the little zip hand toggle. This would make it much more difficult to access the contents as you'd have to slide the zip across with a fingernail. The contents would then be more secure.

I had a word with one of the Rohan managers yesterday ,they are open always to suggestions at head office, and I asked them to think about returning to their inside security pocket when they next produce the trousers.
I looked at them yesterday in shop so to speak and the tag is under a pocket flap just below the belt line making your suggestion difficult for you to open the pocket, as for the dippers much more difficult to say? Thinking out loud though, it is as equally difficult to open as the inside security pocket!
Any way they are doing a deal at the moment reducing them by 20% in the sale so I have bagged a pair 38 waist. Just wouldn't get in your kilt Vicrev far too shivery.;)

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1382028538.440699.jpg Mountain Khakis Granite Creek convertible trousers have a hidden zippered pocket in the side cargo pocket.

I like the look of those pants Baj,the triple stitching too, where are they available from ?........the only downside I can see is you will lose the pen when you start walking.....;).........sorry ,I just cant help myself..:).......keep smiling.......Vicrev

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I like the look of those pants Baj,the triple stitching too, where are they available from ?........the only downside I can see is you will lose the pen when you start walking.....;).........sorry ,I just cant help myself..:).......keep smiling.......Vicrev

These are Mountain Khakis Granite Creek, I got mine from Ebay, the pen is for reference to scale.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ho Ho Vicrev very drole !!!!

Last edited:
Thanks in anticipation
Gerard

Are the Mountain Khakis Granite Creek Convertibles what you are looking for?

I'm not sure, but last time I was in a Colombia shop here in Portugal, I think that I've seen a pair of trousers with that kind of pocket. The thing is that, they where not convertible :(

Best Regards
Diogo

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I used both the Granite Creek trousers and shorts, very comfortable and more durable than most, the hidden pocket inside the cargo pocket held my US passport and credential in a ziploc bag and my wallet in the zippered seam pocket. I plan on using them again for the Via de la Plata next year.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.