• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Meseta 2018.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I walked my first Camino in 2018, from SJPP to Finistera. The section across La Meseta was one of the most impactful parts of my whole Camino. I was walking that section in the third week of September 2018

A selection of Camino Jewellery
We walked the Meseta in September / October 2016 and it was absolutely lovely.

Endless skies, distant mountain ranges to the west, and an overhead hot sun - It was good for the soul.

Some say it is boring, uninteresting, and to skip the Meseta but we loved this part of the Camino perhaps more so than Sarria to SdC.

Thank you for your videos T'man.

I have the whole meseta shown in 7 videos from Burgo to Leon
It shows you what hiking in the meseta is really like
Just finished watching most of these videos and certainly a good representation of the Meseta. My next plan is to walk from Burgos to Sarria. I'm not sure if I am uplifted or not by your videos, but I feel committed to the different landscape of the Camino, rather than catch a bus to avoid. I will however take advantage of the couple of variants ( from Poblacion de Campos and Calzadilla de los Hermanillos), and will walk shorter stages. Thanks so much for your insight.

In my opinion Calzadilla de los Hermanillos is a tough boring variant on a hot day, with not a lot at the end, not much evidence of Roman Road.
It's the only time on all my Caminos I would have taken a lift if offered it wasn't.
Be prepared.
On my short vid the bath house is seen in Calzadilla.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Just finished watching most of these videos and certainly a good representation of the Meseta. My next plan is to walk from Burgos to Sarria. I'm not sure if I am uplifted or not by your videos, but I feel committed to the different landscape of the Camino, rather than catch a bus to avoid. I will however take advantage of the couple of variants ( from Poblacion de Campos and Calzadilla de los Hermanillos), and will walk shorter stages. Thanks so much for your insight.
"I'm not sure if I am uplifted or not by your videos" is the best comment yet!!!!!! I show the trail the way it really is. No, drones or fancy production. I have done the same with several other trail here in the Midwest.

I absolutely love the Meseta not to be missed or avoided I am doing it again in June/July stopping at Carrion and moving by bus to Astorga and continuing walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Here’s my daily blog of my walk from Lisbon to Santiago with Relive videos. I started on April 17. https://paulscamino.com/
I was lucky enough to chat with Bill Bennett yesterday about his new movie The Way My Way. Bill is the Writer and Director and the movie is a true story of his first Camino in 2013. He's been...
👣 Ever wandered what it is like to take an 11 and 14 year old on the Camino Frances? We can tell you, it is an amazing experience that you will be talking about for time to come! We managed to...
Am doing a vlog on the Plata which I thought I'd share! Started off with three nights in Seville for the Fería de Abril (video 1), and joined by my cousin from Vancouver. Currently on Day 3...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back