• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Metro at Barajas

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

The metro line to Madrid Barajas is closed. Some signs said for repairs with an indeterminate completion date. You will need to know what bus you want to take. Cercanias is unaffected. The connection to Atocha and Chamartin still speeds along.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The metro line to Madrid Barajas is closed. Some signs said for repairs with an indeterminate completion date. You will need to know what bus you want to take. Cercanias is unaffected. The connection to Atocha and Chamartin still speeds along.

Hi falcon,
Just to be clear, you aren't referring to the Airport Express bus, correct?

Thanks for the alert, falcon. The metro line has been closed since late January and should be opening by the end of April/beginning of May.

I was surprised to learn that it is the 3rd least used metro line in Madrid. That's probably because most people who use the metro are Spanish, and most Spanish people who fly out of Barajas probably use Iberia, which is in T4 and more easily accessed via Cercanías.

Btw, are you coming or going?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hello everyone.

Metro, Underground trains.
Line 8 of the Madrid Metro, between Nuevos Ministerios and all the terminals of the airport. Closed for works from 26 January to 18 April.

EMT, Madrid buses.
Line 101, from the Area Intermodal de Canillejas to the airport, terminals T1-T2 and T3
Line Espres 203, from Atocha Renfe, train station, to all terminals of the airport.

Renfe, trains.
Cercanias, line C-1, from the center of Madrid - (Chamartín, Nuevos Ministerios, Atocha) to the terminal T4 of the airport.

Hello everyone.

Metro, Underground trains.
Line 8 of the Madrid Metro, between Nuevos Ministerios and all the terminals of the airport. Closed for works from 26 January to 18 April.

EMT, Madrid buses.
Line 101, from the Area Intermodal de Canillejas to the airport, terminals T1-T2 and T3
Line Espres 203, from Atocha Renfe, train station, to all terminals of the airport.

Renfe, trains.
Cercanias, line C-1, from the center of Madrid - (Chamartín, Nuevos Ministerios, Atocha) to the terminal T4 of the airport.

So if I wanted to get from Barajas T2 to Atocha as quickly as possible after my flight lands at 3:45 pm on a Monday (rush hour?) in late May, which would be best - Metro Line 8 (transfer to 10?), or EMT 203, or Renfe?

I've got a date with Guernika at the Reina Sophia that I'm determined not to miss before I train to Almeria Tuesday morning.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I suggest you use the free terminal shuttle bus to get to T-4, then Cercanias to Atocha.

Peregrino2000: I am done walking. I had a hotel in Barajas near the Metro 8 station. A bus went nearby as a substitute. One cannot walk to the airport, so metro was convenient. The buses start at 0600, which makes an 0715 flight from terminal 2 a tight connection. The taxi was a modest €10, but a €6 add-on for the airport made the cost much higher than the Metro.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Because of the interruptions to Metro Route #8, my alternate plan is to take Expres Aeropuerto bus from MAD to Atocha. Has anyone used / recommend Expres Aeropuerto?

However, I did notice that there are "special buses" running from different terminals to Mar de Cristal (metro station) to replace the metros. The note on their website says these buses run on the same schedule as the metro and to "Mar de Cristal". From Mar de Cristal to Atocha, is it best to go to Pinar de Chamartin station to connect to Route 1 to Atocha or is it better to go to Bilboa station to connect to Route 1 to Atocha?

My choice will be the express bus from Barajas to Atocha as I believe it will be more "scenic". Anyway, 40ish min trip to the train station then on to Pamplona.

BTW, metro from the airport to Nuevos Ministerios should as be ooen by wednesday April 19 (as per their website)

Edgar

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.