• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Metropolitan Museum of Art goes Camino

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Average daily walk: 3miles. One wonders what the point is of getting a credential; it's not like they're going to get a Compostella!

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Wow, just imagine how many Caminos a pilgrim could fund for $8,500! Seriously though, I hope that a decent proportion of that money helps the places that they visit. Surely there should be some sort of a surcharge on 'souvenir' credencials?

Average daily walk: 3km. One wonders what the point is of getting a credential; it's not like they're going to get a Compostella!
I am not a Camino elitist, really and for sure! But let's not underestimate what $8500 could buy in the terms of tithes for some sort of personalized Commemorative Compostela. HUH?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Singles supplement? Do these still exist? This is the stupidest thing ever.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
A new word to add to the Camino dictionary: "Luxuro-pilgrims".

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
OK, people, let's try not to be too harsh.

1. The Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of the great museums of the world. As a kid growing up in the projects in Queens, it was my home town museum. It is where I first saw the Mona Lisa when I was in elementary school. It is where I saw the mummies, medieval art, Rembrandts, and, of course, those knights valiantly riding on their armored horses through the Hall, surrounded by their colorful pennants. So, you "diss" my museum, you gotta answer to me!! :p
  2. The itinerary shows me where some of the most important sights are on the Camino. There are places mentioned that I simply passed by the first time, or didn't realize were as important as they are. Now, I have a better idea of what to look out for and I can appreciate sites along the CF in a new way.
  3. I recently looked over a print out of the "Manifesto of Villafranca del Bierzo," in which a collection of many interested parties including pilgrims, hospitaleros, historians, and association members gathered in Dec. 2014 to address problems on the Camino. In section 2, item 1, the manifesto supports including the CF on the UNESCO List of World Heritage Sites in Danger. I believe that, if the Met brings a bunch of monied art and history aficionados to even parts of the CF, their support may help achieve this goal.
  4. I'm delighted to see that some of the photos I had taken were of the same things pictured in the brochure. See, I know good stuff when I see it!
  5. Yes, they're not walking. Yes, they're not staying in albergues. Yes, they aren't going into a tienda, buying three slices of ham, a loaf of bread, a bottle of wine, and calling it dinner. But if they stop in a town and drop lots of euros into the local economy, maybe that's not such a bad thing.
  6. Their encounters with pilgrims along the way will be eye opening to them, I'm sure. Remember, they're doing this because they're interested, not because they have to. Just like us. So let's not be snobs, either.
  7. I can show my husband the brochure and exclaim, "Look , honey, aren't you proud! I went on a Metropolitan Museum of Art trip and saved you $8,900!!"
:)

FooteK has a point about how these excursions help the local economy (I don't expect that many of those euros escape the tour organizers into the pueblos, but some will) and also open the eyes of some participants to other aspects of the Camino. Spain outside Madrid and Barcelona features stunning receptacles of art and history-- I have discovered along the Aragonese the incredible diocesan museum in Jaca, as well as San Juan de la Pena, and on the del Norte, the diocesan museum at Santillana del Mar. Perhaps some of the limousine pilgrims will download Gitlitz and Davidson, and try out boots for a Camino the next spring.

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.