• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Miam Miam Dodo app

biloute

Time of past OR future Camino
Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (summer 2014), Chemin du Puy & Camino Francés (possible summer 2019)
Has anyone purchased and used electronic versions of the guide through the app? I think it’s new as of 2018. I’m wondering if it’s worth the price and works how it’s supposed to. I haven’t seen any reviews of it yet on the forums. When I did a search the only thing I found was either about the books or iMiam, which is not the same app.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Didn't realise there was one. I find MMDD really useful so will get the App.
The only thing I don't like with the hard copy version is the maps. The shading makes them very hard to read (for me at least)
Hopefully the App has better contrast.
Brierley has the best maps in my view.

No, I had no idea it existed either. At the moment, the App. only covers the GR65 and the Voies du Célé et de Rocamadour.
If you like their paper guides, this could be good. Personally, I don’t find their maps very useful but they are the best to tell you where there is a bakery and when it opens :cool:

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I downloaded their previous app and found it useless. You can get the Pilgrim Publications guide to the Via Podiensus (GR65) as an ebook. The app I found awesome for route finding in France is iPhiGenie. It has detailed maps of the whole of France plus all of the GR routes. You can see s act,y where you are relative to where you should be! Impossible to get lost and easy to find shortcuts etc. it is not cheap but I would not walk in France without it.

I don't know if it will work on a phone, but try this in Google Chrome.

I did go ahead and get one of the guides on the app, from Le Puy to Cahors. It seems to mostly work well, it just doesn’t have websites listed and the pictures don’t show up when you go into a listing. They do show up on the list view, though. And it has all the resources listed, not just those on their website.

I haven’t tried the function to call straight from the app but I did try the email function and it pulled up my email with the place’s address already inserted. You can save locations to your favorites. I also haven’t tried the function that you’re supposed to use while walking that will indicate what is nearby and give you directions, because there’s no point since I’m not there.

So far I think it would be a good alternative to taking the guide in book form. It would certainly save in weight and it would be easy to just pull your phone out of your pocket rather than having to dig through your pack.

4DD2F97A-4EDE-4C92-820D-1971AA8C00A6.png0775920B-CA0C-4C20-87DA-883F2779C624.png06BD2368-7E16-4ED6-981A-BFAA030D59F8.png2F6992D7-7B30-489A-BEB2-D5D08BFF4899.pngE3061E29-6502-480D-A944-792C9D162F2C.pngD8C5C09F-6378-46F5-955E-A7F9C159D194.png071805C0-CDEA-49C1-8400-FBAA547B8786.png

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just discovered another perk. You can change the language to English in settings and it’ll make the guide completely in English – all the listings, the cultural points of interest and history, etc. So for those who are hesitant about getting MMDD because it’s all in French, you can get it in English (at least electronically).

I downloaded their previous app and found it useless. You can get the Pilgrim Publications guide to the Via Podiensus (GR65) as an ebook. The app I found awesome for route finding in France is iPhiGenie. It has detailed maps of the whole of France plus all of the GR routes. You can see s act,y where you are relative to where you should be! Impossible to get lost and easy to find shortcuts etc. it is not cheap but I would not walk in France without it.

iPhiGéNie is awesome both on and off the trail ... have been using it since 2014 and like you, I would not walk in France without it ... most recently I have used it to record my tracks which has proved to be another helpful function 😂 especially fir future trip planning 👣👣👣

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.