• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Miam Miam DoDo in English

Dawn Blais

I was told that the Miam Miam DoDo guidebook for the Camino Le Puy has an English edition now but CSJ knew nothing about it. Does anyone know if this is so? Thanks Dawn

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Bonjour Dawn! the MMD app for smartphone and / or tablet is now available in English but not [as far as I am aware] the print copy guidebooks. However, much of the guidebook content is by way of numbers, symbols and icons so very easy to follow. The 2019 editions are now available for ordering from the publishers «Le Vieux Crayon» ... you can check them out here ... <http://www.levieuxcrayon.com/guide-randonnee-miam-miam-dodo>

I was told that the Miam Miam DoDo guidebook for the Camino Le Puy has an English edition now but CSJ knew nothing about it. Does anyone know if this is so? Thanks Dawn
I used the app. It includes an offline map, which must be downloaded (that took me a bit to figure out). The listing of gites is easy to use, you can call or email directly from the app.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I don't have a smartphone, but you can download Miam Miam here and view it in Google Chrome to translate.

There is also the Guide to the Via Podiensensis, another name for the route, in English from Pilrimage Publications. Available as an ebook or hard copy. Not as up to date as a 2019 Miam Miam but we found it very useful for accommodation and very rarely used our Miam Miam. For maps the French mapping program iPhiGéNie was awesome. I would not walk in France without it.

Bonjour Dawn! the MMD app for smartphone and / or tablet is now available in English but not [as far as I am aware] the print copy guidebooks. However, much of the guidebook content is by way of numbers, symbols and icons so very easy to follow. The 2019 editions are now available for ordering from the publishers «Le Vieux Crayon» ... you can check them out here ... <http://www.levieuxcrayon.com/guide-randonnee-miam-miam-dodo>
Can you tell me how or where to get the English version of the app? On an i phone, the app store says not available.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

BlackRocker, is MMD app really available in English? Can you tell me where to get it?
Thank you,

Suzanne

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
BlackRocker, is MMD app really available in English? Can you tell me where to get it?
Thank you,

Suzanne

Bonjour Suzanne, the MMD app is available from the App Store [and android equivalent] ... just need to type in Miam Miam Dodo ... suggest you read the main info page first because it gives a lot of information and shows a lot of screenshots so you can see what you are getting ... once you download the app itself, the native version, you can try for free an extract of the Voie du Puy guide before deciding which in-app licences to purchase ... the screenshots attached here show you how to set the language option to «english» in parameters under the main menu [shell icon in top left corner] ...

Attachments

• BD5AB375-6A01-4C79-AD57-62357F3C89CC.jpeg
    BD5AB375-6A01-4C79-AD57-62357F3C89CC.jpeg
    239 KB · Views: 30
  • 3D32AB4C-AF55-4B7D-8587-A0BC2BD5FF7B.jpeg
    3D32AB4C-AF55-4B7D-8587-A0BC2BD5FF7B.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 26
  • D2D5FAC8-2666-4AF9-A5B5-6754204657B3.jpeg
    D2D5FAC8-2666-4AF9-A5B5-6754204657B3.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 26
Can you tell me how or where to get the English version of the app? On an i phone, the app store says not available.
Bonjour‼️
I have an iPhone ... when I type in Miam Miam Dodo it pops up with the little blue and yellow shell icon and a series of screenshots showing the main pages of the app ...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
hopefully you can find it here, via this link 🙏
Miam Miam Dodo - Compostela by Editions du Vieux Crayon
https://apps.apple.com/au/app/miam-miam-dodo-compostela/id1357584636

THANK YOU, you're a lifesaver!! That is going to be all I need to walk it in May. I had actually downloaded the MMD free sample app but had no idea you could change the language to English.

I went ahead and bought Section 1 for $13.99. Do you know if once I am on the route, my location will show up as a dot on the map when I'm offline (similar to the Wise Pilgrim apps?). 🙏

THANK YOU, you're a lifesaver!! That is going to be all I need to walk it in May. I had actually downloaded the MMD free sample app but had no idea you could change the language to English.

I went ahead and bought Section 1 for $13.99. Do you know if once I am on the route, my location will show up as a dot on the map when I'm offline (similar to the Wise Pilgrim apps?). 🙏

Bonjour Yumadons / Suzanne 🌷 To answer your question ... yes, that is how it is intended to work BUT you need to download the guide first [to offline mode] ... as for the language option, again, you will find that option in the main menu [the shell icon top left] under «parameters» ... do it before you go when you have a strong wifi signal as it seems to take forever ... once you have downloaded the route, the app will work offline and your exact position on the path will show up as a big blue dot ... that’s the theory anyway 😉🙏😂

You can also download the maps.me app and download the maps (while connected to wifi) for the areas you are interested in -all for free and works offline. If 'location' is on for the app on your phone, it will show you where you are, even offline.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi BlackRocker
I emailed levieuxcrayon about the E-Book. They said it was not available in English. I also tried to get the app on Google Play Store as I have an android phone, and it doesn't come up at all. Any ideas?

Hi BlackRocker
I emailed levieuxcrayon about the E-Book. They said it was not available in English. I also tried to get the app on Google Play Store as I have an android phone, and it doesn't come up at all. Any ideas?
This thread is almost 5 years old, so the information is probably not up to date.

Hi BlackRocker
I replied to your question four years ago! when the MMD app was still available and it could be set to english. Since then the app has been discontinued due to difficulties in maintaining it across multiple platforms. Four years is a while ago now ... and things change😉 The app is no longer available but the e-book should serve you well🙏🏽 a lot of the information that you need is presented as icons and symbols [there is a summary of what each represents near the front of each guide] and numbers, which are universal ... bon courage💪🏽

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This thread is almost 5 years old, so the information is probably not up to date.
absolutely! four years have passed and the MMD app has been discontinued [3+ years ago] ... MMD e-guides work just fine and most of the important info. is represented by way of icons and symbols and numbers [which in my language are universal] 🦘🦘🦘

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back