• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Miam Miam Dodo Le Puy 2022

TDS

Time of past OR future Camino
Where can the Miam Miam Dodo Le Puy 2022 two guidebooks be purchased in the US? My understanding is that the 2022 edition has been available since 8 December.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Not really an answer to your question, but I've tried to place an order for the LePuy routes (before and after Dec. 8) and get a message saying that it can't be delivered to my address in USA.

When I sent an email to Vieux Crayon, the response I got was that orders could be processed for shipment to USA when the new edition is published.

Original publication date was supposed to be December 7 but since I'm still getting the error message, I suspect the problem is that the new editions just haven't been published yet so I'll keep trying every week or so between now and sometime in January.

Bon chance!!!

I had no difficulty ordering from Canada. When I ordered a few weeks ago they said they would be sent as soon as the books were available. Just this past Tuesday I received an email saying the books were being sent.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I had no difficulty ordering from Canada. When I ordered a few weeks ago they said they would be sent as soon as the books were available. Just this past Tuesday I received an email saying the books were being sent.
What site did you order from? It still says unavailable on Amazon. Thx

What site did you order from? It still says unavailable on Amazon. Thx
I ordered directly from Les Editions du vieux crayon. The price is better than on Amazon, even with the currency exchange.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Where can the Miam Miam Dodo Le Puy 2022 two guidebooks be purchased in the US? My understanding is that the 2022 edition has been available since 8 December.

The Confraternity of St. James in London, has these listings. It seems to be the earlier edition, but previously they have shipped to us in CA. What I noticed in this description, however, is they mention the Lightfoot Guide, which is in English--and all in one book. Does anyone know about this guide?​

MIAM MIAM DODO: GR65 VIA PODIENSIS SECTION 1: LE PUY EN VELAY - CAHORS​

£14.00
Quantity (required)
ADD TO BASKET CHECKOUT
Lauriane and Jacques Clouteau. Les Editions de Vieux Crayon, 2019. Provides information on where to eat and sleep and comprehensive information on services, all within 4km of the first section of the GR65 (Le Puy en Velay to Cahors). Includes a glossary in 6 languages of the terms that appear in the guidebook.
IF OUT OF STOCK PLEASE SEE LIGHTFOOT GUIDE TO THE VIA PODIENSIS WHICH CONTAINS ALL THE SAME INFORMATION IN ENGLISH

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have the Lighfoot Guide, but it was printed in 2016 and I don't think has been updated. If you want an English guide, there should be a new one from Cicerone Press very soon. The author was on the LePuy this fall doublechecking accommodations, so it should be very current as well as well written.

Curious that Vieux Crayon is currently shipping to Canada but not to USA.
Bonjour John Saxon! John, I remember that this problem arose last year, forgotten exactly how it twas resolved 🤔 but it twas resolved ... if you haven’t already done so, I suggest you send them an email setting out your problem ... the guidebooks can certainly be shipped to the USofA and my order was processed on 8 December so they are definitely available ... if you are on FB you can also try messaging them ... just search for Miam Miam Dodo in FB ... good luck and please keep us posted🙏🏽

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've been trying to order directly from www.levieuxcrayon.com
I have contacted the publisher and explained the problem / issue ... something or other is amiss in the back-end of their website ... I imagine that it twill be resolved asap ... keep trying ... this is the VERY best place to make your order, direct from the publisher ...

I have contacted the publisher and explained the problem / issue ... something or other is amiss in the back-end of their website ... I imagine that it twill be resolved asap ... keep trying ... this is the VERY best place to make your order, direct from the publisher ...
Thanks. I would hope they’d make it available on Amazon as well rather than having to ship each order separately from France.

Thanks. I would hope they’d make it available on Amazon as well rather than having to ship each order separately from France.
the order [for Via Podiensis guidebooks x2 or 3] will come together not as separate shipments and their shipping is very inexpensive ... Amazon prices for the guidebooks are way more expensive or at least they were last year ...

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I had the miam miam dodo guide with me on the Via Podiensis. Although it has a lot of information I rarely used it. I did not like the many maps. They are not very useful since the markings on this route are very good. The 2 books weigh more than 400 grams. I gave them away to some other pilgrims. I liked the Gronze site more, if you got the possibility of the automatic translation it's very easy to use. It gives information/ recommendations by users of votes/ albergues; the route, profile and so on. For me it had everything I wanted

Thank you Blackrocker57. There web site is now fixed. You can order the 2022 Le Puy Guidebooks directly from the publisher from the US.

Thanks, as well. Website is fixed. Order placed. Shipping is only 4 euro. There is certainly other good info on maps and accommodations/services out there but I like to use the Miam Miam Dodo guides more for advance planning than carrying them with me on the way.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks, as well. Website is fixed. Order placed. Shipping is only 4 euro. There is certainly other good info on maps and accommodations/services out there but I like to use the Miam Miam Dodo guides more for advance planning than carrying them with me on the way.
Yay‼️ Great to hear ... full steam ahead now with the planning 🚂🚂🚂 The shipping from LVC is a bargain imho 🤔

The publisher promises an electronic version of MMDD 2022 soon. I'm surprised not to see that version mentioned in this discussion. If you're carrying your phone it adds no weight and best of all you never have to enter all those digits to make a phone call!

The publisher promises an electronic version of MMDD 2022 soon. I'm surprised not to see that version mentioned in this discussion. If you're carrying your phone it adds no weight and best of all you never have to enter all those digits to make a phone call!
indeed, thanks for pointing that out! I was wholly focussed on replying to the OP ... shameful omission 🤕 ... according to the publishers «le Vieux Crayon» e-guidebooks for the Voie du Puy will be available to order from mid-January ... I have fingers and toes crossed🤞that they [the e-guides] will fill the breach left by the MMD app, which was fabuleuse but impossible to maintain across platforms ... bonne continuation PP ...

I idd buy the electronic version in 2019 and indeed it was much easier than the paper one. Due to corona I could not walk in 2020 and discovered that the electronic version was licensed for a year, so I had no access anymore to actual information. I could have downloaded the information but I did not realise that there was a license and anyway that information would not be updated ( surely an important point in these coronatimes). So if the electronic version will be available my advice would be to not buy it too soon

I idd buy the electronic version in 2019 and indeed it was much easier than the paper one. Due to corona I could not walk in 2020 and discovered that the electronic version was licensed for a year, so I had no access anymore to actual information. I could have downloaded the information but I did not realise that there was a license and anyway that information would not be updated ( surely an important point in these coronatimes). So if the electronic version will be available my advice would be to not buy it too soon
Well put. My advice to the publishers, if they can get their electronic publishing act together, would be to either (1) expire the license only when the new version becomes available and/or (2) only expire the most dated material (accommodations and provisions) while leaving the trail basics in place.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The electronic version is now available. I just bought part one -- this will keep me very busy through the 24-hour snowstorm we're hunkering down for!

Bad experience with Vieux Crayon. Preserved guide mid January. Shipped but never received. Told to be patient. They blamed USPS. Wouldn’t send a replacement and balked at refund. I canceled the credit card card on my end and have ordered replacement via Amazon UK. I would have been happy for VC to give me the e guide instead but never mentioned. Hope others have had beefed experience than I.

Bad experience with Vieux Crayon. Preserved guide mid January. Shipped but never received. Told to be patient. They blamed USPS. Wouldn’t send a replacement and balked at refund. I canceled the credit card card on my end and have ordered replacement via Amazon UK. I would have been happy for VC to give me the e guide instead but never mentioned. Hope others have had beefed experience than I.
Sorry for typos. Ordered mid January. Hope others have better experience.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I got one for the Camion Argones in time for Christmas, we ordered through Amazon and it was sent from France by "Dorian's Day" in Viileurbanne with many fancy postage stamps!

Bad experience with Vieux Crayon. Preserved guide mid January. Shipped but never received. Told to be patient. They blamed USPS. Wouldn’t send a replacement and balked at refund. I canceled the credit card card on my end and have ordered replacement via Amazon UK. I would have been happy for VC to give me the guide instead but never mentioned. Hope others have had beefed experience than I.
Based on my experience waiting for the Cluny-to-Le Puy guide to arrive from the Association Rhône-Alpes des Amis de Saint-Jacques, you may well receive your guide in the coming weeks.

Based on my experience waiting for the Cluny-to-Le Puy guide to arrive from the Association Rhône-Alpes des Amis de Saint-Jacques, you may well receive your guide in the coming weeks.
Others I know have received guides from VC within 7 to 10 days and I think VC says normal delivery should be 2 to 3 weeks for international post. But it has now been 39 days since they say the book was posted and I've given up especially since there is no way to track it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The electronic version is now available. I just bought part one -- this will keep me very busy through the 24-hour snowstorm we're hunkering down for!
I purchased the e-book version. Downloaded in Flux app. Seems to work well on iPhone. Since it's in French, is there an easy way to translate to English ? Thanks.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back