• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Miam-Miam-Dodo

jsalt

Jill
Time of past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Hi, does anyone know where I might be able to get an old second-hand copy of the guidebook:

“Miam-miam-dodo du chemin d'Arles (GR 653) + le camino aragonés” ?

I ordered it new from Amazon in July, and it was due to arrive early August. I am still waiting. I fear it has disappeared into the very deep black hole of the SA postal system.

I really don’t want to buy it brand new again (plus postage and packing, and it disappears again before it gets delivered).

I will probably be in Spain in April. Is there anywhere in Madrid or Santiago that stocks it?

Jill

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Jill,

I didn’t have much luck finding MMD guidebooks in Spanish bookstores. I got mine in a bookstore in Paris, and even there, it wasn’t easy to find.

Until you get the book in your hands, the Gronze website has much of the same information that would help you for planning purposes. I bookmarked the section of Gronze for the particular Camino section and used it frequently. It was also handy for dialing ahead for reservations because the Gronze link would dial the phone number. That said, I was very glad to have the guidebook for walking the LePuy route.

Miam Miam Dodo may also have a 2108 edition in the works for your particular route, so you might communicate with them directly.

Doug

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Jill,

I didn’t have much luck finding MMD guidebooks in Spanish bookstores. I got mine in a bookstore in Paris, and even there, it wasn’t easy to find.

Until you get the book in your hands, the Gronze website has much of the same information that would help you for planning purposes. I bookmarked the section of Gronze for the particular Camino section and used it frequently. It was also handy for dialing ahead for reservations because the Gronze link would dial the phone number. That said, I was very glad to have the guidebook for walking the LePuy route.

Miam Miam Dodo may also have a 2108 edition in the works for your particular route, so you might communicate with them directly.

Doug
Can you share the Gronze website? Thank you.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi, just thought I would follow up with a post on my missing Miam-Miam-Dodo.
After going round and round in circles on the Amazon website, I finally found a section where I could contact them about a non-delivery. This section is extremely well hidden (at least, it was to me).
They replied within several hours, confirmed that they indeed had no record of the delivery, and they would send another one free of charge (or refund me if that was my preference).
It has taken them about 10 days to locate another copy, but it has now been dispatched.
Yippee!
Fingers and toes crossed that this one will arrive, by forked stick overland across Africa, if that’s what it takes.
Jill

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
An update (just for the record).
You are not going to believe this (well, South Africans probably will).
The second copy never arrived!
So in March I contacted Amazon again, and they sent me another replacement (no charge).
The third copy was due to arrive on 23 April . . .
I am still waiting.
I double checked that they have the correct address . . . . Yes.
But it seems I am destined never to receive a Miam-Miam-Dodo.
It disappears down a very very deep black hole . . .
Sigh.
They are now in the process of refunding me for the first copy.
I have to admit that I am very impressed with Amazon's Customer Service.
Jill

Another update.
You are not going to believe this (well, maybe South Africans will).
A Miam Miam Dodo arrived in my post box today.
It has only taken one and a half years to get here!!
I kid you not.
Anyway, I am so happy, as I leave in 3 weeks, and I can now bring it with me :D.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

This is a general question for my curiosity. It probably should be posted in “Equipment etc” but would probably get a lot of Spain replies. I’m not bringing my emergency beacon but I did read on...
Greetings pilgrims, We are walking next September from Lourdes to Somport and would like to hear stories and adv ice about the section from Urdos to Somport, with the big incline. Is this route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back