• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Michelin Starred restaurant near G65

ScottPilgrim

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi,
I read somewhere of a Michelin-starred restaurant (2 or 3 stars) in an inn not far off the Camino Le Puy but I cannot remember the name or location or where I read about it. Google not turning it up. Does anyone know? Traveling with my daughter after her high school graduation and thought this might make a good present.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi,
I read somewhere of a Michelin-starred restaurant (2 or 3 stars) in an inn not far off the Camino Le Puy but I cannot remember the name or location or where I read about it. Google not turning it up. Does anyone know? Traveling with my daughter after her high school graduation and thought this might make a good present.

Take a look at the Michelin guide where you can narrow down your options with the search function.
I typed in two star Michelin and the region the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes.

Here you go.

Gorgeous present to your daughter.
Do not forget that the businesslunches in those restaurants are also of a very high standard! And that prices of the wines can go ALL the way!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I hope you have a fabulous time with your daughter and make some great memories in France! Their food is wonderful...Michelin stars or not!
Having re-found the site, I think they've done away with their lighter menu, so may be out of reach. I think we'll find something else great along the way without too much trouble.

Having re-found the site, I think they've done away with their lighter menu, so may be out of reach. I think we'll find something else great along the way without too much trouble.
My post was only saying that much of France has wonderful food...I have not been to the restaurant you refer to.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I took my daughter to Paris when she was in high school, so I am sympathetic to your idea of taking her to a Michelin resto. But I will suggest a couple of places that are on the way to Conques. Both are typically French and had very good food though my experience dates back about 4-5 years. I also stayed in the hotel rooms of all of these establishments and the rooms were all comfortable and of high quality.

In Aumont Aubrac - Chez Camillou - I just found that this restaurant has been awarded 1 Michelin Star since I last visited

In Aubrac - Hôtel de la Domerie

And if you are going to walk as far as Cahors, here's one more, though it's a few kilometers off the GR65 (it's on the Célé variant, as I recall): la Truite Dorée in Gers

Finally, since I stayed at the Camillou on two occasions, I was until Covid on their mailing list. So I distinctly remember receiving a somewhat desperate letter requesting that I book any future stay directly with the hotel. The letter explained that the hotel was under tremendous cost pressure because of the increase in bookings by third party agents. Something to think about.

Bon chemin.

Tom

Hi,
Scott this will be a treasure of a life time! Concur with others that just about any meal will feel five star to her ( I would assume) in France. I ate salads that were about $24, but I won't ever forget them! I too will be doing Le Puy with ONE of my daughters, age 16 and can't wait to spoil her with great coffee and great meals that last for hours. I did it with five of my six kiddos five years ago and just couldn't afford to splurge in such a way when the youngest was 9 and this one going again was 11. With that said I wanted as close to primitive pilgrim experience as we could get
Enjoy your time together!
What a wonderful opportunity!
Neve

I took my daughter to Paris when she was in high school, so I am sympathetic to your idea of taking her to a Michelin resto. But I will suggest a couple of places that are on the way to Conques. Both are typically French and had very good food though my experience dates back about 4-5 years. I also stayed in the hotel rooms of all of these establishments and the rooms were all comfortable and of high quality.

In Aumont Aubrac - Chez Camillou - I just found that this restaurant has been awarded 1 Michelin Star since I last visited

In Aubrac - Hôtel de la Domerie

And if you are going to walk as far as Cahors, here's one more, though it's a few kilometers off the GR65 (it's on the Célé variant, as I recall): la Truite Dorée in Gers

Finally, since I stayed at the Camillou on two occasions, I was until Covid on their mailing list. So I distinctly remember receiving a somewhat desperate letter requesting that I book any future stay directly with the hotel. The letter explained that the hotel was under tremendous cost pressure because of the increase in bookings by third party agents. Something to think about.

Bon chemin.

Tom
Thank you so much. These are great suggestions. We are going all the way to Roncevilles so all very helpful. Much appreciatied.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Scott this will be a treasure of a life time! Concur with others that just about any meal will feel five star to her ( I would assume) in France. I ate salads that were about $24, but I won't ever forget them! I too will be doing Le Puy with ONE of my daughters, age 16 and can't wait to spoil her with great coffee and great meals that last for hours. I did it with five of my six kiddos five years ago and just couldn't afford to splurge in such a way when the youngest was 9 and this one going again was 11. With that said I wanted as close to primitive pilgrim experience as we could get
Enjoy your time together!
What a wonderful opportunity!
Neve
This is definitely true. I'm sure the food will be wonderful in many spots.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Reading this thread I remembered years ago someone telling me how awful they thought the food on the Camino was. I asked if they tried anything other than Pilgrim menu’s and they said no. My reply was to ask them if they ate at a Denny’s every day back home. I went on to suggest that had they wanted that were a number of Michelin starred restaurants along the Camino Frances.

I just took a quick look at the Michelin website in between Saint John and Santiago there are at least 10 Michelin * star restaurants and one ** restaurant that one can sample. While some of them can be a bit pricey, at least on of them was offering a multi-course lunch with wine or beer for 35€. I have hit several of these over the years and always Had a memorable meal.

If you haven’t already discovered the Michelin.com website, it is worth a look. For restaurants, they list the Michelin starred restaurants, along with their bib gourmand recommendations, bibs are awarded for simple yet skillful cooking under 40€. They also recommend a few other good restaurants.

Of particular interest to pilgrims, if you look at the right hand side and click on the map looking “outdoors” icon, it will show walking routes, including the various Camino routes. Unfortunately, their app doesn’t offer this option, nor can you use it to plot a route.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
wonderful idea! «Chez Camillou» aka «Cyril Attrazic» at Aumont-Aubrac has a Michelin guide listing ... there are several options on the same premises including the bistrot which is less expensive but still a wonderful experience ... the other, referred to by Jouffroy47, «Restaurant Bras» at Laguiole is also worth considering ... home of the famed Laguiole knives ... out-of-town at lieu-dit Le Suquet so you might need a taxi ...

Reading this thread I remembered years ago someone telling me how awful they thought the food on the Camino was. I asked if they tried anything other than Pilgrim menu’s and they said no. My reply was to ask them if they ate at a Denny’s every day back home. I went on to suggest that had they wanted that were a number of Michelin starred restaurants along the Camino Frances.

I just took a quick look at the Michelin website in between Saint John and Santiago there are at least 10 Michelin * star restaurants and one ** restaurant that one can sample. While some of them can be a bit pricey, at least on of them was offering a multi-course lunch with wine or beer for 35€. I have hit several of these over the years and always Had a memorable meal.

If you haven’t already discovered the Michelin.com website, it is worth a look. For restaurants, they list the Michelin starred restaurants, along with their bib gourmand recommendations, bibs are awarded for simple yet skillful cooking under 40€. They also recommend a few other good restaurants.

Of particular interest to pilgrims, if you look at the right hand side and click on the map looking “outdoors” icon, it will show walking routes, including the various Camino routes. Unfortunately, their app doesn’t offer this option, nor can you use it to plot a route.
Thank you!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
wonderful idea! «Chez Camillou» aka «Cyril Attrazic» at Aumont-Aubrac has a Michelin guide listing ... there are several options on the same premises including the bistrot which is less expensive but still a wonderful experience ... the other, referred to by Jouffroy47, «Restaurant Bras» at Laguiole is also worth considering ... home of the famed Laguiole knives ... out-of-town at lieu-dit Le Suquet so you might need a taxi ...

Hi,
L'Ô à la Bouche in Cahors isn't Michelin starred but the food and service are very good and it's also reasonably priced. A real treat for weary pilgrims.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.