Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Michelle Obama on the Camino?

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Olivares

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
May 1997 (Leon to Santiago); Sections Camino Frances: May 2011, May 2012, May 2013, October 2013, June-July 2014 (Sahagun to Santiago).
George W. Bush's daughters walked the Camino (...or at least a portion) while he was President of the United States. It was right after college and following the time when Jenna got in trouble for her drinking. I saw a picture in the paper with the Secret Service surrounding them carrying backpacks and a caption stating it was taken on the Way of St. James (unclear where). Jenna had a wooden stick on her hands and looked like she was sweating profusely. I would had never thought in a million years they would, but they did. I can see both The President and the First Lady walking and having a blast :wink:

tyrrek

Veteran Member
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Olivares said:
I can see both The President and the First Lady walking and having a blast :wink:
I wonder how they would introduce themselves at the group dinner in L'Esprit du Chemin albergue. :wink: Buen Camino!

D

Deleted member 3000

No, at least not for a First Daughter.The Secret Service is either the man, or disguised as sheep. I heard that there were four agents with her.

Attachments

• Jenna camino.jpg
    Jenna camino.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 890
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Canuck

Veteran wanderer
?
falcon269 said:
No, at least not for a First Daughter.The Secret Service is either the man, or disguised as sheep. I heard that there were four agents with her.

Easy to pick out. The secret service agents always wear a frown and sun glasses. Check the girls.

30daystosantiago

2002 solo and 2013 with wife and toddler
It would be a good experience for them....and right in line with Mrs. Obama's "Let's Move" initiative.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads