• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mieres to Oviedo

fortview

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino frances Sept/oct 2012 , Salvador, Primitivo 2013
Cotswold Way July 2014
European Peace Walk August 2014 (John)
Hola! Having spent an amazing two weeks on the Frances , I needed to get to Oviedo for my flight home tomorrow . I was on the bus from Leon ( a stunningly beautiful journey) and although it was - 5 with a heavy frost the sun was shining and I suddenly decided to get off at Mieres and walk on the Salvador to Oviedo ! It felt like a gift . It was so amazing to see the mountains again. I saw no one . It was a splendid walk despite going wrong at one point and adding 5 km . I'm sharing this in case anyone coming from Leon to start the Primitivo might want to do this. Mixed feelings about going home tomorrow , but have enjoyed being in Oviedo, visiting the Cathedral and eating Fabada !
Helen

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Helen:

A very nice walk it is with a few steep climbs.

Ultreya,
Joe

What a great way to spend an afternoon, fortview. I do remember thinking the ups and downs would never end when I was nearing Oviedo, but that may have been because I started in Pola de Lena. I think that most of us who have walked the Salvador have a yearning to return, it is one knock down drag out drop dead gorgeous camino with a lot of wonderful interaction with un-touristy Spain. Buen camino, Laurie

but p.s., I would recommend to anyone going to Oviedo from León to start the Primitivo -- you should start walking in León and walk the Salvador in its entirety. :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What a great way to spend an afternoon, fortview. I do remember thinking the ups and downs would never end when I was nearing Oviedo, but that may have been because I started in Pola de Lena. I think that most of us who have walked the Salvador have a yearning to return, it is one knock down drag out drop dead gorgeous camino with a lot of wonderful interaction with un-touristy Spain. Buen camino, Laurie

but p.s., I would recommend to anyone going to Oviedo from León to start the Primitivo -- you should start walking in León and walk the Salvador in its entirety. :)
I so agree with you Laurie ! But even one section is better than none ! It was remarkably hilly after the Frances and my legs ache today. And although I met no one walking, I had much encouragement from locals who seemed delighted to see a peregrina !

watch out, Fortview. You are messing with a "gateway drug," and soon you will find yourself hiking the full-strength, full-length Salvador, one of the most spectacular of all the camino paths!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola! Having spent an amazing two weeks on the Frances , I needed to get to Oviedo for my flight home tomorrow . I was on the bus from Leon ( a stunningly beautiful journey) and although it was - 5 with a heavy frost the sun was shining and I suddenly decided to get off at Mieres and walk on the Salvador to Oviedo ! It felt like a gift . It was so amazing to see the mountains again. I saw no one . It was a splendid walk despite going wrong at one point and adding 5 km . I'm sharing this in case anyone coming from Leon to start the Primitivo might want to do this. Mixed feelings about going home tomorrow , but have enjoyed being in Oviedo, visiting the Cathedral and eating Fabada !
Helen

How wonderful to have a spontaneous re-visit of part of the Salvador, Helen!! So glad for you that you stepped off that bus and gave yourself such a gift, my friend!

watch out, Fortview. You are messing with a "gateway drug," and soon you will find yourself hiking the full-strength, full-length Salvador, one of the most spectacular of all the camino paths!
Ha ha , very funny Rebekah, love it. But yes, your warning has come too late for me, I'm hooked.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back