• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

MIJE Hostels in Paris (Marais)

John Saxon

Time of past OR future Camino
Invierno 2023
On my Camino journey in 2019, I stayed at one of the MIJE hostels in Paris (Marais). Although I haven't heard anything about their being closed, I was unable to book on their website or via hostelworld.com this fall and still not able to do so for upcoming Camino in May 2022.
Question: Has anyone stayed at MIJE hostel in 2021 or otherwise have info about whether or not they are open for business?
Thanks!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The more "official" hostels in France like mije seem to have taken a mix of reactions to the pandemic. Some allow online bookings, others are only by phone. They generally have less space as well, with some not offering dorm beds at moment. As MIJE also is for groups from schools etc they may be limiting space for independent bookings. But I also suspect they simply aren't taking bookings yet for May 2022 (not unusual even in normal times for some accommodation providers). Personally I would book somewhere elsewhere with free cancellation and hold onto hope that MIJE will have availability if you want to stay there. Or phone them to find out.

Last edited:
No new information to add, only that I hope the MIJE will start taking bookings soon, and haven't been closed down by the pandemic. I first stayed at the MIJE 20 years ago and it's my go-to landing spot in Paris. What a wonderful hostel!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

In about a week’s time I’ll be starting my fifth Camino from Le Puy en Velay, however, I’m interested to know if anyone in this forum has started their Camino from Paris ….. to Saint Jean Pied de...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.