• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mine IS bigger than yours...

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2013 - 2018 , Pilgrim Office volunteer 2014 - 2022
Seen today whilst browsing my morning reading, and offered in the holly jolly holiday spirit...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5157835/There-one-foot-9-000-Swiss-Army-Knife-Amazon.html

Seriously, no pilgrim would want for anything...ever. Of course, they would need a little wagon or trolley to tote the darn thing...and an engineering degree to sort it all out.

This is one of those situations where knowing how to do something DOES NOT mean you should do it.

Then again, we all know there are people out there with more money than brains...who just want the newest shiny gadget...

Ho, Ho, Ho!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I wonder how well that compass works next to seven pounds of steel.

I remember seeing Ron Popeil, founder of Ronco, mentioning that his company's product Pocket Fisherman wasn't meant to be used for fishing. It was meant to be given as a gift. Same thing here?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Unless I'm missing the most important camino tool, I can't see the bottle opener. Looks like I'll have to suffer with the freebe from last time.
It is under the red part. I am well acquainted with it, as before we married people teased us about not forgetting the wine bottle opener. We were married at a camp, in winter, after a two-foot snowfall. We forgot the wine bottle opener. A few people pulled out their Swiss army knives, and we were good to go!

This is great. Must-have does not begin to describe it. By the look of it, this monster even has the tool to assemble IKEA furniture, so you will never be at loss in an albergue with shaky beds. Then again, if you don't buy the thing, you'll have ample money for *** hotels, but if you receive this as a gift, you can pass it on by fixing beds, chairs, shoes and the like for your fellow pilgrims and etching their names in beer glasses so as to avoid confusion.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
To the gentleman losing his knife at Casa del Cubo in Burgos [October 2017], next time bring one of these, you will immediately notice this yuge thing missing from your pocket. Good luck, Feliz Navidad, y que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Unless I'm missing the most important camino tool, I can't see the bottle opener. Looks like I'll have to suffer with the freebe from last time.

Find a Dane, he, or she will open beer bottles with everything in sight: pegs spades, tools..... just last week I opened beers w/ a rolled up newspaper. It´s a dawdle !!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Now, I need to take my hiking pants to the tailor and get a new pocket sewn on, maybe 1 fot 3 inches deep. I do not want it falling out. LOLOLOL. Next, are any of the blades over 6 cm? If not, I can take it on the plane, YAY!!!

Find a Dane, he, or she will open beer bottles with everything in sight: pegs spades, tools..... just last week I opened beers w/ a rolled up newspaper. It´s a dawdle !!
Doddle . . . English word meaning "it's very easy"
Dawdle . . . English word meaning "move slowly and idly in a particular direction" (in other words me, on a Camino!)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Seen today whilst browsing my morning reading, and offered in the holly jolly holiday spirit...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-5157835/There-one-foot-9-000-Swiss-Army-Knife-Amazon.html

Seriously, no pilgrim would want for anything...ever. Of course, they would need a little wagon or trolley to tote the darn thing...and an engineering degree to sort it all out.

This is one of those situations where knowing how to do something DOES NOT mean you should do it.

Then again, we all know there are people out there with more money than brains...who just want the newest shiny gadget...

Ho, Ho, Ho!

If I hadn't seen it before I wouldn't have believed it - Daily Mail, home of UK Fake News.

The DM may produce, shall I say, 'entertaining' news on occasion...but it is still news if it is information I did not previously have. And the Wenger über Swiss Army Knife is a fact. As shown above, it has been done by other knife makers at other times.

I take my "news" where I find it. Some of my EU friends, especially those who have lived in the UK frequently ridiculed me when I share a story from the DM with them. I suspect they take the DM far too seriously...

News, to me, is simply information I did not have previously. Of course, more serious information that comes as "news to me" must still be vetted through alternative means and sources to remove the possibility of "fake news." Sorely, things have come to that unfortunate point. Rarely can news be accepted as fact, right off.

NB: Each day, I do peruse the online versions of the Times of London, New York Times, The Post (Toronto) Los Angeles Times, and a variety of lesser known online newspapers from the US, UK, Canada, and to the extent they are available in English, across the EU.

One cannot be too careful about being 'snookered' these days. So, any reader necessarily must exercise due diligence when considering which stories to believe and to share with others.

On this side of the pond, we have a daily game of "whack a mole" going with the media, both print and on television. Each media outlet seems to be rushing to outdo themselves with sensational "exclusives," most of which end up being partially or wholly bogus.

The outlets with greater integrity accept responsibility and print or issue retractions. However, more recently, too many outlets are 'doubling down' and insisting that their bogus stories are fact... Walter Cronkite is likely spinning in his grave...

So, as regards to obtaining "news" from any source, it has become a paradigm of "caveat emptor."

true, I was quoting Billy C, it is surely doddle !

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
I've stopped procrastinating and done my first pack. Was a bit nervous about being under 7kg hand luggage, but on the first try I've come to 5.9kg (13 pounds). (Not counting one set walking...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.