• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mini Bus Service Finisterre to Santiago

n.white51

Time of past OR future Camino
On the Camino de Santiago Forum on another website, I read the following about a private minibus service that operates from Finisterre to Santiago, this was back in Aug 2009:-

''The bus stop in Finisterre is about 10m from the front door of the official Albergue which is at the beginning of the harbor front area and surrounded by a number of bars. Cost in August was ?12.50 single.

There is also a mini bus service run by a local guy who picks up at the various albergues and takes 8 passengers to Santiago. He charges the same as the bus, but you get to Santiago in 1 hour instead of the 3 hours on the bus. The bus route follows the scenic coast road and stops at virtually every house on the way to Santiago, but the mini bus goes on the direct inland route and will drop you off at the Santiago Bus Station or the middle of town.''

Does anyone have any recent details if its still running etc.

Neil White

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I haven't heard about this service.
Last month I hired a mini bus to take 14 of us to Finisterre from Santiago to watch the sunset. It took 1.5 hours and we didn't stop anywhere.

Hi Sillydoll,

Thanks for your reply, Ive made quite a few enquiries about the 'service' but it was along time ago that it ran, and it may have been just for a short time, perhaps he was a bit 'hard up'.

Anyway we'll probably get the bus and look at the scenery for 3 hours!!!!!

thanks a lot.

Neil & Brenda White

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was there in November and the mini-bus was running,if my memory is correct it was 10 euro's and sets off from the hippy alburgue "sol" at 10am and takes just over 1 hour. The 3 1/2 hour bus journey is interesting if you have the time.
in the high season you may have to book your place on the mini bus enquire at the Sol alburgue
Ian

On the Camino de Santiago Forum on another website, I read the following about a private minibus service that operates from Finisterre to Santiago, this was back in Aug 2009:-

''The bus stop in Finisterre is about 10m from the front door of the official Albergue which is at the beginning of the harbor front area and surrounded by a number of bars. Cost in August was ?12.50 single.

There is also a mini bus service run by a local guy who picks up at the various albergues and takes 8 passengers to Santiago. He charges the same as the bus, but you get to Santiago in 1 hour instead of the 3 hours on the bus. The bus route follows the scenic coast road and stops at virtually every house on the way to Santiago, but the mini bus goes on the direct inland route and will drop you off at the Santiago Bus Station or the middle of town.''

Does anyone have any recent details if its still running etc.

Neil White

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
We are in Fisterra and have just arranged a mini bus with the fellow that manages the Albergue do Sol, his name is Miguel and he lives in the house right across the street from "Sol". The price is the same as the bus, but only 1.5 hrs. July 2014

This discussion does not belong on the camiño Ingles threads. Please keep it clean and write your remarks there where they belong.

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back