Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.

Minimal Packing

Rachel71

Past OR future Camino
Planning for 2023.
Hello! We are in the very beginning stages of planning our first Camino walk in the spring of 2023 on one of the Portuguese routes. I’d like to pack as little as possible and was considering staying in more hotels than albegueres for our first trip.

That being said, what do you consider to be the bare essentials we could get by with and not be foolish?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

walkinglover

Past OR future Camino
Frances, '16 and '18; Portuguese '17; Ingles - 19
I have been able to get my pack down to 10 lbs. I take one pair of hiking pants, one hiking shorts, running tights, two quick dry t-shirts, a warm - up jacket with a hood, a water-repellant jacket that weighs only a few ounces, 2 running bras, 3-4 underwear, travel size shampoo, conditioner, soap, moisturizer, small first aid kit, small vaseline, a collapsible pillow, small wicking towel, hairbrush, hat, sunscreen which I have rarely used, 3 socks, hiking sandals and Hoka Ones. I have a money belt and a fanny pack for my phone, tissues. For the clothing, I am wearing 1/2 to 1/3 of it each day.

Past OR future Camino
CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
Hello! We are in the very beginning stages of planning our first Camino walk in the spring of 2023 on one of the Portuguese routes. I’d like to pack as little as possible and was considering staying in more hotels than albegueres for our first trip.

That being said, what do you consider to be the bare essentials we could get by with and not be foolish?

Thanks in advance for any input!
I’m starting oct 9th from Lisbon, I have a change if clothes, Hoka shoes, sandals, flip flops, ran jacket, rain kilt, a silk liner and quilt (i always take these despite hotel,stays) plus a few little items. Total pack weight 4 kg.

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances