• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Minor Glitch Hopefully - Asking for Prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.
A warm embrace and well wishes from Maine, Annie! This forum family really is awfully special. The emotional support and love for you from around the world is moving...and powerful. We are your cheerleaders!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Annie, I have been thinking of you today, I know what you are going through - the waiting, the worries. And now the wonderful news that you have been met at the Providence Clinic by people who understands what you are going through and responds to you as a human being. And your son has taken time off to be with you. You are in good hands!
All the best to you and your family.

Annie
Been through this with my wife, scared me witless, but thankfully turned out to be benign, most are.
Strong family helps and sounds like you win on that score, and support from your "online" family too :D

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you all so very much for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers.
I know they will give me the strength I need to get through whatever this turns out to be.
I'm still holding out for a benign "something."

The latest news in my saga is Oregon Health Science University has lost my films.
Yesterday was a difficult stressful day, but all of these hugs and loving messages helped me through it, so thank you.

I love this community! I feel this forum is like a group of brothers and sisters, truly.
We may disagree with each other on occasion, but when one of us needs help, we rally, and there's no price that can be put on that type of support.

My youngest son has taken the week off to go with me to appointments.
Right now, I'm praying they find my films this morning so I don't have to get another mammogram and ultrasound, but if I DO, then I believe it's for a reason. If they CAN find my films, which WERE delivered to OHSU yesterday morning per FedEX overnight mail, but then disappeared, I'm hoping for a biopsy on Monday.

I'll keep you posted.
Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for your thoughts, prayers, and advice.
Annie
Annie I just saw this.. I am praying for you and your family. I am a cancer survivor. I put everything in God’s loving hands while I went through everything involved with cancer. Please try to rest in His peace..

Blessings to you Dear Annie...a big part of the battle is grasping the reigns and it sounds like you've a firm grip now. All will be well... Take a peek at the moon, it will always be up there...and on it, I'll put a few hugs for you to take as needed. I invite all of our camino family to place a few more so you won't run out. From the love and well wishes I've read, you'll have an unending supply...look to the moon. <3

Annie -- I have been exactly where you are! In December 2015 while visiting our daughter I saw a lump on my right breast in the hotel mirror. I was not doing any checking and normally shwer and get dressed at the gym so...) Anyway -- It seemed huge -- like half a walnut! Ugh -- I was freaked. I had mammogram and biopsy when we returned to Idaho in January and sure enough -- it was the big C. But now the good news starts -- the cancer was the least invasive kind. I did not have significant lymph node involvement. I did not have to have chemo, just radiation. I had a lumpectomy and then two breast reconstructions -- these were actually like a breast reduction since I did not have to have a mastectomy. I lost 150 lbs starting in 2009 so the reconstruction was like a boob job that I would never have had voluntarily!

All that said, I so completely understand your current fear and uncertainty. You can beat this! My prayers are with you -- {{Hugs}}, Liz

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I have an amazing doc in pdx. Her name is Nathalie Johnson. She’s at Good Samaritan hospital, phone number is 503-413-5525. My cancer was detected by mammogram and after biopsy, discussions with my doc and family, my surgery was scheduled, all within 2 weeks. Because of early detection had lumpectomy followed by radiation. I will definitely send prayers your way. Do not fear, you will get through this.

Sending love and prayers your way.
Thank you so much for sharing the "Knitted Knockers", I will make some for my mum.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Annie. It sounds as if all may be OK ..... and what loving support you've had from the forum!
Bless you, my dear peregrina!
S xx

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
So Joe and I have tickets to Madrid for March 3. From there we hope to bus to Zafra and walk to Astorga.

However . . . Christmas night I quite accidentaly discovered a large lump in my left breast.
At the risk of TMI, I was lying on my side and ran my hand up my body and there the sucker was!
I do regular shower checks but I guess it was hiding under the breast tissue.
Feels like it's right on my rib.

It feels about the size of a 22 shell - maybe 1 inch long and .5 inch in width.
It's quite large, I think, and I have no idea how long it's been there.
I have noticed the past year my left arm constantly going numb.
I had mentioned that to another doctor but nobody suggested a mammogram then.

I'm waffling between being strangely calm and having freak-out moments of fear.
I've had a mammogram and ultrasound on Friday in Palm Desert. They wanted to do a biopsy right away. However, I then discovered my Oregon Health Plan would not cover me in California. So I've had my records and films transferred to OHSU in Portland, Oregon and I flew up here on Sunday. I'm staying at Joe's condo and waiting, waiting, waiting to hear back from OHSU so I can have a biopsy and HOPEFULLY find out this is something benign.

Seems like it's been one thing after another this past couple of years.
This one has thrown me for a loop.

So... I'm humbly asking three things from my pilgrim friends...

1. Prayers or positive energy please that this is a benign growth.

2. Prayers that the doctors here in Portland will "get on it" and speed up the biopsy and diagnosis process.

3. If any of you have gone through this, I'd appreciate hearing your stories and advice or help or ??? I'm doing my best to stay calm, but this danged thing is throbbing now and each day feels like an eternity of not knowing.

I'm hoping we can get this resolved and I can still walk in March.
Thanks Pilgrims, for any encouragement you can give.

Annie

PS: Mods, I wasn't sure where to post this so move it if necessary.
Hi Annie - I'm a breast cancer survivor. I understand your fears and the worst part of all of it is the unknown. I pray that any biopsy is negative - it could be many things and right now, you just don't know. Try not to "go down the rabbit hole" - that's hard, I know, but stay positive. Once you know one way or the other, then you can face forward and go on.

So Joe and I have tickets to Madrid for March 3. From there we hope to bus to Zafra and walk to Astorga.

However . . . Christmas night I quite accidentaly discovered a large lump in my left breast.
At the risk of TMI, I was lying on my side and ran my hand up my body and there the sucker was!

I've had a mammogram and ultrasound on Friday in Palm Desert. They wanted to do a biopsy right away. However, I then discovered my Oregon Health Plan would not cover me in California. So I've had my records and films transferred to OHSU in Portland, Oregon and I flew up here on Sunday. I'm staying at Joe's condo and waiting, waiting, waiting to hear back from OHSU so I can have a biopsy and HOPEFULLY find out this is something benign.

2. Prayers that the doctors here in Portland will "get on it" and speed up the biopsy and diagnosis process.

3. If any of you have gone through this, I'd appreciate hearing your stories and advice or help or ??? I'm doing my best to stay calm, but this danged thing is throbbing now and each day feels like an eternity of not knowing.

Annie

sending love and prayers from NYC. Waiting sucks- have gone through similar things with different body parts and it is awful. Presently seeking out info about a gastro issue. Walking again in August to further my camino(doing it in stages). All I can say is that when the anxiety arises try and get out of your head and get distracted. Prayers coming!

Annie

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Annie

Annie

Annie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Annie

The 'Duro' often goes on, also after reaching Santiago, wheter we want it or not. My thoughts are with you. I pray to Christ.

Annie, along with everyone one else who has come late to your story, I find it wonderful how you are becoming stronger and how you are taking back control through possibly helping others. What a wonderful spirit you have.
A prayer for you and your family for Monday.
Elaine xx

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
We are all wishing you well, Annie. Hope to still see you somewhere on the Camino in March. Keep your spirits up!

God bless your sweet heart! It took me a whole minute of scrolling through all the previous messages of support to get to a blank page. You have a LEGION of support! Lean into it!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Oh my gosh Annie, I can't begin to understand what you might be going through. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I wish you all the best.

Mike

Annie

🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Annie

Prayers on their way!

Annie

POSITIVE THOUGHTS FROM AUSTRALIA

Annie

Sending prayers and lots of LOVE and HUGS to accompany you through this challenging time. God bless you!!

Prayers and thoughts are with you for Monday ... and beyond. Will remember you at Mass later today.
Loved the "Knitted knockers" video - so empowering!

Annie

Praying that all will be well

• Love - Red heart
[/QUOTE]
Annie, I am so sorry. That must be so scary. Sending good thoughts and wishes for a benign diagnosis and much rest, health, and healing for you.

You were so sweet to reach out to me when I was on the Camino last summer and struggling. Thank you for letting this message board know about your health issue so we can all wish you well. Please keep us updated.

Holding a vision of you in Madrid March 3. <3 <3 <3

Still thinking of you, Annie.
You're not off the radar!
All good wishes and prayers for a good appointment tomorrow, and a good biopsy result.
Don't forget to breathe and feel your feet on the ground.

Many of us have been through this same thing and come out stronger. And we know you will too...no matter what.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Annie, I am very sorry that you are going through this! Both my sister and I are cancer survivors. I had a rare form of sarcoma 24 years ago when survival rates were low. I was treated at Sloan Kettering in NYC (MSK). My sister had breast cancer 15 years ago and was treated at MSK as well. We are both cancer free now....

Here are my thoughts.... hopefully your tumor will be benign.... if not, either way

1)Get a second opinion on the biopsy. Preferably from someone who specializes in diagnosing such tumors.

If cancerous....
2) Find the best treatment center and surgical team for the initial diagnosis and treatment.
3) Have an advocate with you. Someone who can understand and listen well to your treatment team.
4). From now on get a copy of all tests, have them put pictures on disks. This way you will have them with you when you go for treatment. Keep a copy of every report in a book.

Get after the hospital, or have them retake the tests. Call everyday, bug them.. they are probably on someone’s desk....

We are united with you in thought and prayer🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Last edited:
You go girl! Sending hugs and smoky wishes from Oz. Buen camino, Carole.

€46,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So sorry to hear this but whatever news you get you will get through it. This past July I was diagnosed with stage 0 breast cancer. It was wide spread and I had a left side mastectomy in August 2019, exactly one year after starting my first Camino. I feel as though the Camino was a preparation for this - if I could cross the Pyrenees and walk to Santiago I sure as hell could beat cancer! Not that I didn’t have my pity party moments, but you are strong and can handle this!! Sending love and prayers!

Annie, I have so enjoyed knowing you virtually, both through your website for four years and on this forum. I can only echo the numerous heartfelt well wishes and prayers offered up for you and send my prayer to the countless others on your behalf...hoping for a positive outcome for you!

Last edited:
UPDATE: Saw the doctor today. He scheduled a biopsy for NEXT Tuesday. I was disappointed it was going to take so long, but what can you do? A few hours later a Nurse "Navigator" called me. I told her my story. She put me on hold and came back with a better appointment. I now have a biopsy appointment for 2 pm FRIDAY. She is going to work on getting me in even sooner. Very nice lady. I took my images to their records department and waited while they uploaded them. (Not letting them out of my hands again). So that's where things are now.

I can't thank you all enough for your prayers.
They are working!

For those of you who have been through this - God Bless You!
I think the waiting is the worst part for me so far -but now I see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Hanging in there...
Annie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
UPDATE: Saw the doctor today. He scheduled a biopsy for NEXT Tuesday. I was disappointed it was going to take so long, but what can you do? A few hours later a Nurse "Navigator" called me. I told her my story. She put me on hold and came back with a better appointment. I now have a biopsy appointment for 2 pm FRIDAY. She is going to work on getting me in even sooner. Very nice lady. I took my images to their records department and waited while they uploaded them. (Not letting them out of my hands again). So that's where things are now.

They are working!

I think the waiting is the worst part for me so far -but now I see some light at the end of the tunnel.
Hanging in there...
Annie
My friend went though what you are experiencing and simply raved about her Nurse Navigator. They work magic for you!! Best of luck!

They are working!

Hanging in there...
Annie

Passive patients come last. You’re not coming last.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Walking locally will help you whilst you wait for tests and results. After a biopsy I found a rucksack uncomfortable for a week. You may want to take some paracetamol before the biopsy and regularly for a few days after. We are all praying for you.

They are working!

Hanging in there...
Annie
Annie,I only found your story today,and my thoughts and prayers are with you.My wife went through the same journey you are about to undertake and there is light at the end of the trail thank God.It may take longer than you hope but keep strong and know that all of us on the forum are sending you our prayers and love.God Bless.

€60,-
Thank your for posting the time. That was at 2 pm West Coast time and 11am, NY time. 6am London time.... WE ARE WITH YOU!

Not quite @Marbe2 - you have the time zones backwards I think ;). NY and London (and most places!) are ahead of the West Coast. So 2pm Friday Pacific time is actually 5pm in New York and 10pm in London. And 11am Saturday morning over here in NZ! Also 9am Saturday in Sydney, 8am in Brisbane, for eastern Aussies.

Will be thinking of you Saturday morning our time Annie, and until then too, while you deal with the waiting.
❤❤

Thinking of you Annie. Sending you hugs and am praying for you! Glad to hear that you are getting the appointments quickly as the unknown is so hard.

They are working!

Hanging in there...
Annie
I've been through this ...the waiting is not helpful, but I like to think of it like this : We don't want God to make some rush plan. We want Him to survey all of His best possibilities and give them a day or two to clear their schedule. He's got a fabulous care plan in the making for you Dear Annie and it's best ( although trying ) to give it all a little time to come together. The right people will come your way, with the perfect plan at the right time...all will unfold as it should. Until then, you are in my prayers because I know this is the tough part.
Be peaceful, know you are loved <3

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Today's the day.
Thinking of you, Annie. When you're in your appointment, it'll be a bit before dawn here. And I'll be offering prayers of well-wishing...deep breath, and may it all go well!

Thank you and everyone for your good thoughts and prayers!
There's snow on the ground and the air is silent and still this morning.

It will be 3-5 days before hearing back.
I'm strangely calm and hoping for the best outcome.

Thank you and everyone for your good thoughts and prayers!
There's snow on the ground and the air is silent and still this morning.

It will be 3-5 days before hearing back.
I'm strangely calm and hoping for the best outcome.

Today! God's healing plan for you begins to unfold. Breathe softly, let a few refreshing tears roll down your cheeks...it's okay to be nervous. It's better to be 'strangely calm '. Picture clenching your fists around your walking poles when things get tense...they'll get you over those hills as they always do. Sending love, offering prayers...all will be as it should. <3

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you all again.
Just got home from the biopsy.
Negotiated with the doctor and had only 1 instead of 3.
Promised to come in for the others if anything was found.
Also negotiated out of having the titanium clip put in.

It didn't hurt but I wouldn't call it fun.
They took about 6 samples.

Now comes more waiting.
I should know something by Wednesday or Thursday.

Gonna go ice my boob
and watch ALONE on the tube.

Hey, I made a rhyme! 🤣

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Not quite @Marbe2 - you have the time zones backwards I think ;). NY and London (and most places!) are ahead of the West Coast. So 2pm Friday Pacific time is actually 5pm in New York and 10pm in London. And 11am Saturday morning over here in NZ! Also 9am Saturday in Sydney, 8am in Brisbane, for eastern Aussies.

Will be thinking of you Saturday morning our time Annie, and until then too, while you deal with the waiting.
❤❤

yep...I reversed them...Thanks for the correction!

Thank you all again.

Now comes more waiting.

Gonna go ice my boob

Hey, I made a rhyme! 🤣

Annie

Sending you positive healing light Annie and hoping and praying that all will be well with this unexpected glitch.......I am glad that you have had the Mamogram.....hopefully the rest of treatment will follow soon and all will be well. Gentle Hugs.

Thank you all again.

Now comes more waiting.

Gonna go ice my boob

Hey, I made a rhyme! 🤣

Sending along a warm light and a hug...a wish that you are keeping yourself entertained and peaceful...your results come in a day or two and yes, you are very much still in my thoughts and prayers...look to the moon <3

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Annie

Annie, you most certainly have my prayers. God love you.

Appointment for full results is this morning at 9:30. It’s 2 am now and I’m awake. Not really worried. Just mulling over options. I have decided whatever the outcome, with MCS I’m more likely to take a more natural path. I did learn the biopsy was not normal but will learn more specifics today. Except for a 5 minute panic I am holding on to hope. I’ll report back as soon as I know something.

I love you all and am humbled by all the beautiful support.

Annie

Appointment for full results is this morning at 9:30. It’s 2 am now and I’m awake. Not really worried. Just mulling over options. I have decided whatever the outcome, with MCS I’m more likely to take a more natural path. I did learn the biopsy was not normal but will learn more specifics today. Except for a 5 minute panic I am holding on to hope. I’ll report back as soon as I know something.

I love you all and am humbled by all the beautiful support.

Annie
Annie, you remain in my prayers.

So I had a bit of a frustrating day.
I went to my doctor's appointment yesterday morning and came back not knowing any more than I already know.

He did not have a lab report.
Someone from the lab had called and given a preliminary report, telling him there was a "high probability" it was cancer. I have no idea how they knew this because I'm not a lab person, but that says to me there is another probability it might NOT be cancer and that's what I'm hoping for.

He promised to call me when he had a firm diagnosis.

I told him I did NOT plan to do chemo or radiation or surgery, no matter the diagnosis.
He made me promise to at least speak with the Oncologist and Breast Surgeon if it WAS malignant to hear my options. I agreed to at least listen.

I asked him about my upcoming Camino.
By then I will have heard all my options and 5-6 weeks of walking will give me time to think.
He agreed that would be fine.

So I have kept my reservations on the VDLP.
The only thing that might change is hopping up to the CF if I don't feel I can carry my pack.

Thanks again for all your prayers and good wishes.
I will report back when I know something.
I sort of feel like a pest posting all of this, but I'm not a person to keep things inside, and saying all this out loud (well, typing it out loud) 🥴 really does help me to relieve stress. So far I'm still calm. Just feeling a little frustration at the waiting.

Annie

I sort of feel like a pest posting all of this, but I'm not a person to keep things inside, and saying all this out loud (well, typing it out loud) 🥴 really does help me to relieve stress. So far I'm still calm. Just feeling a little frustration at the waiting.

Annie

You're not a pest Annie - keep typing. I'm glad you're still calm. I've been thinking of you today xxx

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You are NOT a pest....I have been checking on you every day. I continue to send positive thoughts your way. 🙏

I went to my doctor's appointment yesterday morning and came back not knowing any more than I already know.

Someone from the lab had called and given a preliminary report, telling him there was a "high probability" it was cancer. I have no idea how they knew this because I'm not a lab person, but that says to me there is another probability it might NOT be cancer and that's what I'm hoping for.

I told him I did NOT plan to do chemo or radiation or surgery, no matter the diagnosis.
He made me promise to at least speak with the Oncologist and Breast Surgeon if it WAS malignant to hear my options. I agreed to at least listen.

By then I will have heard all my options and 5-6 weeks of walking will give me time to think.

The only thing that might change is hopping up to the CF if I don't feel I can carry my pack.

Annie
What would upset us is not keeping us informed.

Not a pest. Just that, not a pest. Thank you for trusting us. If you need to go to the CF, do it. You will notice such a difference when you are only carrying a day sack. If it will help, don't think twice, just do it. The candle continues to be lit every morning.

Annie
@Anniesantiago , Annie, I do not share this little story with many, but I think you might find something in hearing it. Two years ago I made plans to walk the Camino Portuguese. 6 weeks before my planned trip, I tried getting out of my bed and fell to the floor with searing pain in my right knee. I couldn't even stand, let alone walk. My son brought me to the ER, and after a long cascade of tests, X-rays, CT scans and MRI, an orthopedic surgeon told me I had a solid tumor the size of a marble under my kneecap / between the joints. I had not fallen, I had no previous pain/limitations. How can one get a marble in their knee instantly. All they could say was it was solid, not blood/fat/tissue/cartilage...solid. They wanted to schedule surgery and said I would need 3 months plus to recover and it may be more involved than just a removal if it was malignant.

Nope. I was devastated, but I was having none of it. Though I was unable to walk/ put any weight on that leg I talked my surgeon into letting me go to a physical therapist to see if I could improve the range of motion ( in my stubborn head I was still going to walk my camino ). I went to PT every other day and did exercises at home round the clock. I was fitted for a knee brace and inserts for my trail runners. Against the advise of every professional I left for Portugal with the intent of doing what I could and making peace with what I couldn't. I did indeed use a transport service for my pack ( I wasn't going to be too greedy with my requests for help from God...lol ) ...I walked. Everyday. Some days taking me 7 hours to walk 4 K, but I walked. And I took my medications and put braces on my knees at night and KT taped myself every morning. Indeed I made it to Santiago. There was pain, there were tears and there were many days I thought I was crazy, but it never entered my mind to quit. My leg burned all the way home on the plane and even at the airport once I got home. The following morning I had such a burning/hot feeling under my kneecap that I had to apply ice. Two days after my return, I had my visit with the orthopedic surgeon to follow up after my walk and to schedule surgery. He was astonished to hear I had indeed walked my walk...all of it. He examined my range of motion and was again surprised I could bend in all directions with very little pain. He put the X-rays and MRI's up on the screen for view and called in his colleagues...all also surprised at my flexibility. Naturally, I had a second MRI...aside from just a tiny bit of swelling...there was nothing there. Nothing. No solid mass. No marble.
I'm going to leave my story right there....last year I walked the Ingles ( short time allotment ), this year I'm off on July 21 to do the CF for a third time.
We can't always explain the what, why or how...and sometimes there's no need to.
Be well Dear Annie...Sending warmth and prayers your way <3

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 1.41.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 1.41.29 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
Ok. I have a diagnosis :::drum roll::

Papillary Invasive Carcinoma

Wouldn't you know I'd get a rare type of cancer that only affects 1% of breast cancer patients?!
Sheesh!

He also said Estrogen Receptor Positive and
HER2 - 2 score
I have no idea what those mean

I have just, literally, now begun researching this and the GOOD news is, from what I've read in the past 1/2 hour, it is a very slow growing, in situ type of cancer.

So... what comes next is an appointment with both an Oncologist and Breast Surgeon to hear what they have to say.

Then, my Camino in March/April, so I can walk, pray, think and sort out my options.

I'd love to hear from any of you with this diagnosis or who know anyone with it.
Right now I'm feeling:

Chemo is NOT an option.
Radiation is NOT an option.
So my choices are:

1. Lumpectomy
2. Mastectomy
3. Do Nothing but diet, meditation/visualization, and walking

I'm leaning toward #3 but I have more faith in nature and I'm not a very good patient.
My MCS has given me a VERY low pain threshold and after the pain of this freaking biopsy, I can't imagine a lumpectomy or mastectomy!

Thank you all for listening and being there as I take this brand new journey.

Sending you all lots of love and gratitude!
Annie

Oh Annie - i am so sorry to read this outcome but I am also hopeful that as you say this type of cancer is slow and responds well to treatment. Only you can make choices to your treatment options of course - I took everything they offered but it took me a few years to recover from it all. It was almost 10 years ago and your diagnosis and waiting has made me think about those days and the subsequent days and years since.

I love that you have your walk in a few weeks - what better place to contemplate than the camino. Be gentle on yourself... your emotions may well be rather varied over the coming days... but I have a feeling you'll take that in your stride. But do be kind to yourself... you deserve all this love. xx

Thank you for sharing your diagnosis, Annie. I personally know ladies who were diagnosed with breast cancer and have lived 15 years so far and are still going strong! Hang in there, and consider all options before deciding what path you will take. Thankfully if slow growing, in the mean time you can pursue your caminos without undue stress...lots of time to think on the trail...at least until you meet up with your "group" later on!😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.