Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Miracles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murtagh

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2010)Northern(2014) Primitivo (2017)
Details of any miracles witnessed please,Murtagh

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I didn't see or think anything that Shirley MacLaine saw and thought. That was a miracle to me!

Hear, hear on Shirley. Miracles, too many to enumerate. However, the greatest of them was the time, money, and strength to walk the Way of Saint James.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Details of any miracles witnessed please,Murtagh

Welcome to the forum @Murtagh Perhaps it would be an idea to give us some time to get to know you better before we share our personal stories with you? Buen Camino, SY

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I am a lector at my local Catholic church. When we arrived at Roncesvalles two years ago, my wife and I naturally attended the pilgrim Mass. I was sitting in the pew prior to Mass when the priest approached and asked me to read the first reading from Jeremiah. Of course I accepted the invitation. It was a wonderful experience, reading the Word of the Lord in such a beautiful chapel in front of all those pilgrims. For the next two days, people who had been in attendance stopped me on the camino and thanked me for reading. I thought that was something of a miracle.

This was the first of three miracles occurring early in our camino. The first was that we arrived in Biarritz and stayed the night of 14 July as we had planned. We had no advance knowledge that this was Bastille Day. Imagine our surprise when we were greeted with a magnificent fireworks display.

That night, we discovered that we had no cord for recharging my iPhone. As we walked toward the train station the next morning, I flippantly stated to my wife that we needed an Apple store, never thinking for a moment that a small city such as Biarritz, lovely as it is, would have an Apple store. My wife immediately looked up and said, "Look over there." Lo and behold, it was an Apple store. We entered and purchased what we needed.

Our fourth miracle is that we finished the camino. This was perhaps the biggest miracle of all as I had retired from work only a few days prior to beginning the camino and had not prepared for the physical experience.

A "miracle" we witnessed was during our 2014 CF trip.
Somewhere in the first 1/3 of our trip we met a 19 year old young man from Australia, walking the Camino alone. He was a bright young man, who came from a family of comfortable means. We learned his father was a physician and wanted him (his son) to also become a physician as well. The young man had no intentions of becoming a physician, but wanted to be an actor, which did not go over well with his family so he decided to walk the Camino in solitude to figure things out. During one of our conversations over a beer he told me he was not sure if God existed or not, but would not give up on the possibility.
After about 2 weeks of intermittent meetings along the trial we lost touch due to our walking schedules. Shortly afterwards we were taking a break in a larger town (I cannot recall the name. The one with a McDonald's in it LOL) and I saw this young man walking on the opposite side of the street. I saw him enter a small cafe' and he went out of sight. Within 2 minutes I again saw this young man run out of the cafe' and continue running in the direction from which he had just came from on the Camino. I thought that was odd, but let it leave my mind as I was tired and dehydrated.
Later that evening we ran into this young man in a restaurant in another city. When we saw each other we began talking and he told me about the strange thing that had happened to him earlier in the day. He said he was in a small bar in a small community where he had stopped for lunch. He said he had paid for his lunch meal, ate it and left the location. He said he stopped in another cafe' in a larger city about 5KM's away and ordered a drink, when he realized he did not have his wallet in his pocket. He said he panicked when he realized he must have left it at the the previous bar when he paid for his lunch and ran out of the cafe', back towards the lunch location. He said he had absolutely no money nor identification in his pockets because it had all been in his missing wallet.
He told us as he was running back to the first cafe he prayed that someone would find it and return it to him. He said as he passed Peregrino's he would ask them if they had found his wallet on the road or in the bar. He told us finally he stopped three males and asked them if they had found his wallet and learned that they had in fact found his wallet, money and identification in the earlier mentioned bar and were looking for him as well to return ALL of the items contained within it.
Come to find out these three males were all Catholic priests walking the Camino as well.
I later asked this young man his thoughts on whether he believed God exists or not and he just smiled...........

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Please do read the forum rules and take care not to stray into forbidden areas - no problems with people recounting their personal experiences, as long as it does not take the form of a discussion of religion. Or proselytising (trying to induce someone to a particular belief).

No wonder I've never experienced or even heard of one happening when I was on Camino.
You guys n gals have nicked all the good ones.
Or used them all up maybe?
And poor Shirley. Give her a break.
Seriously, give her a break someone.
Just stay with the boring sinners.
That's what I'm gonna do.

It was a miracle when I didn't club my husband to death with my poles after the 4th time he did the "I told you. You should have worn boots" speech after my plantar fasciitis kicked in. Truly. A miracle of epic proportions that lingers to this day. Seriously. I looked at it as a lesson in humility to be able to admit to him that he was right.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Please do read the forum rules and take care not to stray into forbidden areas - no problems with people recounting their personal experiences, as long as it does not take the form of a discussion of religion. Or proselytising (trying to induce someone to a particular belief).
Thank you Kanga and to all who replied. I was just interested and do not want to breach Forum rules so it is best to stop this thread now.Thanks again to all who shared,Murtagh

Thread closed at the request of the OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...
I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back