• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Miras alojamiento

madrid12

Just back from the Ingles and it is very well marked, freshly painted arrows.
In Sigueiro I stayed at the old Hostel Miras which is now called Miras alojamiento and there is a phone number on the door to contact for entry and costs 10€ per person. I just walked in because the door was open and the girl was there. It is advertised on trees on the way. It is basically the same but has been freshened up and the bed was more comfortable but still traffic noise. The old bar/restaurante Miras was due to open on the 19th March,not sure if its the same people. I ate at restaurante Cortes further down the road which was very good.
Lovely quiet camino and no rain this time.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In Sigueiro I stayed at the old Hostel Miras which is now called Miras alojamiento and there is a phone number on the door to contact for entry and costs 10€ per person. I just walked in because the door was open and the girl was there. It is advertised on trees on the way. It is basically the same but has been freshened up and the bed was more comfortable but still traffic noise. The old bar/restaurante Miras was due to open on the 19th March,not sure if its the same people. I ate at restaurante Cortes further down the road which was very good.
That's good to know I am starting from Ferrol on 15th Did you go through Pontedeume and if so where did you stay?

There is a albergue in Pontedeume and also several pensiones and a big hotel. We stayed in the Hostal Norte. (See Gronze for lists) The CSJ downloadable guide (see Forum resources) has not only directions and elevations but also accomodation.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There is a albergue in Pontedeume and also several pensiones and a big hotel. We stayed in the Hostal Norte. (See Gronze for lists) The CSJ downloadable guide (see Forum resources) has not only directions and elevations but also accomodation.
Thanks I think we are booked into Bar Luis but due to language barrier am not 100% sure

The Pontedeume albergue
Mind it only opens about 17h00 .the first time we were there in pouring rain at about 13h00 together with some Spanish pilgrims they refused to let them in and did not let their backpacks leaving behind.
The second time they didnot show up untill after 18h00.
Entering the albergue it wasn't cleaned . The beds were left behind from the people who left in the morning so we had to clean it ourselves. The toilets and showers were filthy. Not a a good place to stay. Better choose another place.
image.jpg image.jpg

@Albertinho We plan to stay in Cabañas this time so we get 'warmed up' before the hill out of Pontedeume. :) There is a hotel just off the Camino, then cafe con leche after the bridge and finally the hill and on to Miño.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Yes Johnnie, we miss that phrase in the latest guide. View=hill; Good view=steeper hill; cardiovascular excercise=really steep hill. :):):)
Looking forward to our Camino and practising over the Devon hills.

@Albertinho We plan to stay in Cabañas this time so we get 'warmed up' before the hill out of Pontedeume. :) There is a hotel just off the Camino, then cafe con leche after the bridge and finally the hill and on to Miño.
Yes I know the hotel. Just 50 yards before the bridge. The Pontedeume hill is a "hill" still feel it in my legs
Wish you strength !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
On hands and knees????;)
Seriously we found it harder than after Casa Julia.

The trouble with Casa Julia is that if you have a couple of large beers and one of their legendary bocadillos (mine was half a loaf with bacon and cheese oozing out at both ends and the sides, all for 3 euros!), then it's really a hard slog once you start going up. It doesn't help if it's close to 40 degrees either!

I stopped at Luis in Pontedeume,they are a lovely family and the food is good. At the moment they close between 4pm and 7pm in the afternoon. They are not open for breakfast but there are other places nearby.

When I stayed there I was served breakfast.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello Madrid12,
Congratulations on another camino.
Would you say the fresh arrows make the route clear in the cities of Ferrol and A Coruna or is there still some confusing bits that I'll need a map for.

@wendy busch - we found the way fairly easily out of Ferrol, but road works (May 2015) made some diversions leaving Ferrol. If you have Johnnie Walker's guide then you can find your way easily - covers both arms of the Inglés. For Ferrol itself we would suggest a street map from the tourist office if the diversions are still in place.

@wendy busch - I have not walked the A Coruna section but have been to A Coruna . However the Ferrol section was marked ok, it's just a case of keeping your eyes peeled where the diversions are, the waymarks are sometimes inside the roadworks but the JW guide is good. As Tia says a street map of Ferrol is a good idea.
We have just returned from a few days in Santiago and did catch the bus to Sigueiro. The old bar Miras and restaurant is open and looks good and the new Sigueiro hostel run by the Miras family is very nice. It would be a lovely place to sit outside on a sunny day having a drink overlooking the river.
I'm sure you will enjoy your camino. I love the Ingles.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just finished the Ingles on Thursday, we stayed at Mira's. 13€ with breakfast. The owners of the restaurant are not the same from the past. The food was great, and the rooms were great also.

Texasguy

Most read last week in this forum

Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back